1. As the Islamic State scores new victories in Syria and Iraq, its affiliate in Libya is also on the offensive, consolidating control of Moammar Gaddafi’s former home town and staging a bomb attack on a major city, Misurata.
2. Israeli fighter jets have bombed targets in the northern Gaza Strip for the second time in three days after a Palestinian group said it carried out a rocket attack on the Israeli city of Ashkelon.
3. One of the leading figures in the Russian Orthodox Church says that churches that have deemed homosexuality morally acceptable have rejected Christianity and are preparing their followers to accept the Anti-Christ.
4. Saudi Arabia said it shot down a Scud missile fired by Yemen’s Shiite rebels and their allies early on Saturday at a Saudi city that is home to a large air base, marking a major escalation in the months long war.
5. Iraqi officials say government forces and Shiite militiamen repelled two Islamic State attacks in Anbar province.
6. A Malaysian official says the bodies of nine more climbers have been recovered from the country’s highest peak a day after it was struck by a strong earthquake, bringing the total dead to 11.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register