SORT BY Relevancy
This week on Behind the Headlines, we’re interviewing – for the second time – freelance journalist and human rights activist Eva Bartlett, who was on this show two months ago. Bartlett was aboard the Dignity, one of five Free Gaza relief operations to successfully sail to the Gaza Strip in 2008. She ended up staying in Gaza for some time, reporting from there during Israeli Operations ‘Cast Lead’ in 08/09, and ‘Pillar of Defense’ in 2012.
In the last couple of years, Bartlett has been one of the few Western journalists to report truthfully on the situation in Syria, a country she has visited several times, including independently on a journalist visa. Bartlett recently returned from spending 8 days over Christmas in the war-torn country, where she attended conferences, visited recently liberated districts, and met Syrian officials, religious and community leaders.
Listeners can find Eva’s writings on Syria and Palestine at her blog, InGaza.wordpress.com, and support her continuing work as a voice for the voiceless through SyriaSolidarityMovement.org.
We hope you'll join us from 2-4pm EST / 8-10pm CET, this Sunday 10th January 2016, for an account of life in Syria you won't hear anywhere else.
Just going to get into many topics tonight. We will take Live callers. Did Vladimir Putin just do what I think he did? Yes, he did just drop bombs in Syria. What is his "end game?" Who are our allies anymore? Crazy world we're living in. Also gotta call out those abusing our system. Plus we chat a little about Trey Gowdy and what happened in the news regarding his supposed stepping down and out of Congress.
Back on September 8, 2015, we looked at the Bible prophecie surrounding the military build-up over Syria and the coming war in the Middle East. And in light of Turkey shooting down a Russian fighter jet today, we will revisit that episode.The Bible foretold these flashpoints of end-time prophesy over 2,000 years ago. We will also look at the new meeting called by UN Secretary General Ban KI Moon on September 30, 2015 to address the Israeli/Palestinian issue. Sec. Gen. Moon has also invited some Arab countries to join the discussion. Also, we must prepare for a major attack on America in the days ahead...the global elite are stirring themselves to force Satan's global agenda. Don't miss this episode. To listen by phone without using your data call 347-884-8566.
THINGS ON THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE WOULD ALMOST BE LAUGHABLE IF THEY WEREN'T SO SERIOUS IN SYRIA. AFTER OBAMA'S RED LINE IN THE SAND FIASCO SEVERAL YEARS AGO, THIS WEEK HE TOOK A GIANT STEP IN RETREAT. VLADIMIR PUTIN'S RUSSIA HAS OPENED A COMBAT OPERATION IN SYRIA COMPLETE WITH RUSSIAN JET FIGHTER SUPPORT LINKED TO IRAN. EVEN THE CHINESE ARE PLAYING A ROLE WITH THEIR AIRCRAFT CARRIER PATROLLING IN THE MEDITERRANEAN OFF THE SYRIAN COAST. USING THE GUISE OF RIDDING THE LAND OF ISIS, PUTIN'S FIGHTER JETS HAVE ATTACKED SYRIAN REBELS SUPPOSEDLY SUPPORTED BY THE U.S. THE ONLY THING AMERICA HAS DONE IS TO HAVE HAPLESS SECRETARY OF STATE JOHN KERRY SAY THAT THERE WILL BE "DIRE CONSEQUENCES". IN A PIG'S EYE, MR. SECRETARY.
AMERICA HAS HELD THE PREDOMINANT ROLE OF INTERNATIONAL PRESENCE IN THE MID EAST FOR GENERATIONS, YET OBAMA, A FORMER COMMUNITY ORGANIZER WITH NO LEADERSHIP OR DIPLOMATIC EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN SHUNTED ASIDE EASILY. THAT WASN'T DIFFICULT AS HE HAS REFUSED TO SUPPORT THE GOVERNMENT'S IN THE REGION WHICH LOOKED AT US IN THE PAST WITH FAVOR AND THEY ARE NOW MOVING CLOSER TO THE SOVIET VIEWPOINT OUT OF NECESSITY. MEANWHILE, ALL OBAMA CAN DO IS MAKE REMARKS IN FRONT OF THE WORTHLESS UN WHILE PUTIN IS ON THE MOVE. ACTUALLY, FOLKS, WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT WITH A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER THINKING HE CAN GO HEAD TO HEAD WITH A FORMER KGB OPERATIVE? THE DEVELOPING RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES AND THEY ARE DANGEROUS.
JOIN ME NIGHT ON NORTH FLORIDA WRITER WITH A SPECIAL SHORT TAKE FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9:30, AND PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY WHICH IS IN NEED OF SOME SERIOUS LEADERSHIP AND FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR TROOPS WHO ARE PRESENT IN THE REGION.
Russian Jet Shot Down Over Syria By Turkey: Are We Nearing WWIII?
This is the first time a NATO country has bombed a Russian plane since the 50s. Also two Russian rescue helicopters were sent to get the surviving co pilot, the other pilot was killed by rebels after landing, and a Russian marine was killed on one of the helicopter from an attack by "Turkmen" in Syria. The co pilot over night was successfully rescued and is now in the Russian base in Syria. He has revealed there was no warning by Turkey before the attack on their jet. He says he wants to stay in Syria and continue his mission in honor of his fallen pilot. Did Turkey, who is a supporter of ISIS, do this on their own or did they have the backing of the US or NATO? How will Putin retaliate? Is Erdogan trying to bring a return of the Ottoman Empire? Already there is talk of a Russian strike on a Turkish convoy in Syria. Al Suarez & Andrea Nordera will discuss this for the 35 minute program, we will be open for callers.
As the conflict in Syria amps up between Russian forces and US militarized rebels, let's invoke the violet flame for the consuming of the potential of world war and Nostradamus prophecies.
Broadcasting from deep in the heart of the American Empire, join your host Elan Martin, and fellow Sott.net editors, as they discuss everything from current events and the latest machinations and manipulations of the global elite to history, science, and religion, and how it all fits together.
As we have seen over the past few weeks, months and even years, the battle lines over the future of Syria, the fate of world terrorism, and struggle for a multi-polar world is rapidly coming to a head. Russia, Syria’s legitimate government, Iran and Iraq, and China are on one side. Their opponents: The U.S., Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Great Britain and Israel on another. With France and Germany seemingly waffling between the two. Each side is digging in and fighting a war that only seems to be escalating on multiple fronts. Yet one side is transgressing in order to increase its power and domination over the rest of the world, and the other is fighting for justice, truth and a constructive way forward. We are now seeing nothing less than an epic and historic battle for humanity that is lost on many, but is an excruciating reality to all who are aware of its implications.
The Truth Perspective is brought to you by the SOTT Radio Network and SOTT.net, your one-stop source for independent, unbiased, alternative news and commentary on world events.
Live every Saturday from 2-4pm EST / 11am-1pm PST / 8-10pm CET.
1. President Barack Obama will keep 5,500 U.S. troops in Afghanistan when he leaves office in 2017, casting aside his promise to end the war on his watch and instead ensuring he hands the conflict off to his successor.
2. Cuban military operatives have reportedly been spotted in Syria, where sources believe they are advising President Bashar Assad’s soldiers and may be preparing to man Russian-made tanks to aid Damascus in fighting rebel forces.
3. The top U.S. military officer will visit Israel next week, as the two nations prepare to resume talks on defence aid that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had suspended in protest of the Iran nuclear deal.
4. After a meeting with Iran’s defense minister in Tehran, a senior Chinese admiral said China wants to deepen military ties with the Islamic Republic.
5. Several Arab Gulf states are engaged in negotiations to purchase the Israeli-developed Iron Dome missile defense system in an attempt to ward off possible threats from Iran’s “growing arsenal of missiles.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 78:2 which reads: "I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old."
Our second coming quote for today is from G Campbell Morgan. He said, "To me the second coming is the perpetual light on the path which makes the present bearable. I never lay my head on the pillow without thinking that perhaps before the morning breaks, the final morning may have dawned. I never begin my work without thinking that He may interrupt my work and begin His own. This is now His word to all believing souls, 'Till I come.' We are not looking for death, we are looking for Him."
1. Two Lebanese sources told Reuters on Thursday that hundreds of Iranian troops have arrived in Syria in the last 10 days and will soon join government forces and their Lebanese Hezbollah allies in a major ground offensive backed by Russian air strikes.
2. Israel's political establishment reacted to Saturday night's stabbing attack by a Palestinian in Jerusalem's Old City, with calls for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to react decisively.
3. Diplomatic and intelligence officials say South Africa has become a key source for ISIS of not only money, but also jihadist fighters who typically hail from a small area of Johannesburg.
4. Turkish President Recep Erdogan warned on Saturday that Israel was "playing with fire" by engaging in behavior on the Temple Mount that amounted to "subversiveness and treachery."
5. Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said his country will support anyone who strikes against Israel and the “Zionist regime,” and again warned the US against any diplomatic efforts to sway Iran’s policies.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 48:1-2 which reads: "Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King."
Our second coming quote for today is from J. Hudson Taylor. He said, "Since he may come any day, it is well to be ready every day."
The host Lee looks at the aftermath of Paris and most importantly what defense precautions to take to protect our citizens from a similar attack. Does Obama have an incorrect understanding of ISIS and what to target? Is slowing down ISIS in Northen Iraq and Syria something to boast about OR do we need to redirect our efforts in improving intelligence on those already here in may be planning an attack in conjunction with ISIS?
Join Host Live Chats
- SOTT Radio Network (39 chatters)
- IWS Radio (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- Sharry Edwards (8 chatters)
- A Psychic Shaman Preacher (5 chatters)
- Sonia Haynes (3 chatters)
- The War Room (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Alister Konrath (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- MIA-Expert Psychic (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- Scott Bull (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)