Popular in Hobbies
Douglas Goldstein, co-author of Rich As A King, idea to use chess as a metaphor to illustrate financial concepts began when he listened to my kids’ chess coach teach them the philosophy of the game and he saw that he was using the same ideas that he used when speaking with clients.
We started examining how we could employ chess strategies, the very same ones that had propelled Susan Polar to championship status, to improve investment portfolios. We decided to begin the task of researching and writing Rich As A King.
Riddle us this: What's the most geektastic thing you choose to do in your spare time? Are you a big-time gamer? A gardener? A Comic Con fiend whose loyalty falls on one side of the DC-Marvel spectrum? The way we spend our time outside work is as varied as our personalities, and let's face it, we're all nerds about something. Maybe your browser history shows you're bidding on a Star Wars action figure or a lamppost for your Lionel train layout. Perhaps your preference for the paranormal means you download every episode of America's Most Haunted. No matter your guilty pleasure, BlogTalkRadio allows hobbyists to geek out together on whatever it is they gravitate – or levitate – toward. Talk shop with bloggers, critics, even blog critics, on what matters to you, or steer the conversation by hosting your own niche show. Oh, and it probably goes without saying, Trekkies welcome here.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (88 chatters)
- Ring of Fire Ministries (26 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- SPIRITUALteacherpsychicbrenda (5 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (3 chatters)
- Cynthia Andrews (2 chatters)
- Charlotte View Internet Radio (2 chatters)
- Heavenly World Network (2 chatters)
- The Networking Diva Hour (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (1 chatters)
- Big Sports Fan And More (1 chatters)
- EX3 Radio (1 chatters)
- FoundationForInsight (1 chatters)