Joyce and Mike discuss eight tips for how to create teamwork with your doctor and help your doctor keep you well.
1. BE THERE Don’t ignore symptoms, ask for help.
2. MANAGE YOUR FEARS Don’t deny them, but manage them. Breathe. Gather data. Do you need to worry?
3. NEVER WITHHOLD CLUES Don’t expect your doctor to guess what you’re not saying.
4. KNOW YOUR GENES Understand genetic risk factors by making a family health tree and seeking genetic counseling.
5. KEEP A LOG Map your pain or discomfort by time of day, time of month, and what you eat. Take a copy for the doctor to keep in your file and review.
6. PLAY BALL Assemble a team of professionals who bring the right skills to the game.
7. TAKE NOTES. Take a friend or a tape recorder, because you may forget the details.
8. DO YOUR HOMEWORK Read up on your diagnosis and your tumor type. Could you develop more tumors or symptoms?
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register