Popular in Culture
The Empowerment Project host Regina Daldo introduces BlogTalkRadio listeners to the Gye Nyame Empowerment Project, a nonprofit organization founded in 2007 to provide a network of services and programs supporting the Pan-African community. "Our fundamental belief is that if you empower an individual, you inspire the family. If you inspire the family, you uplift communities. If you uplift communities, you alter the world's view on humanity. Hope dope is that?" she asks. Gye Nyame, incidentally, is a West African visual symbol meaning the supremacy of God.
The Gye Nyame Empowerment Project is a New Based nonprofit that provides a network of services and programs to support the empowerment of the Pan-African community.
Join in as we discuss the ways in which empowerment is used as a tool to build community, develop young people, and build and sustain strong networks.
The music featured in our episode is "October 23rd" on the OctoberFresh Beat Tape by BrotherSpanky. You can learn more about BrotherSpanky and his music at BrotherSpanky.com/music.
THIS SUNDAY AT 5PM EST. DIAL 347-202-0002.
WHAT CAN WE DO TO SAVE OUR YOUTH? WE SEE TEENS GETTING ARRESTED, GETTING CAUGHT UP IN GANGS AND VIOLENT CRIMES SUCH AS DRUG DEALING & PRODUCTION, BUYING, SELLING AND EXCHANGING WEAPONS, MURDER AND OTHER MAYHEM.
WHAT CAN WE DO TO END THESE SENSELESS ACTS AND SUPPORT OUR YOUTH? ARE YOU INVOLVED WITH TEENS?
DO YOU KNOW OR HAVE A TEEN THAT IS OUT OF CONTROL AND NEEDS A MENTOR, BIG BROTHER, BIG SISTER AND GENERAL HELP AND SOMEONE TO TALK TO?
WE ARE ONE COMMUNITY! WE ALL SHARE THIS RESPONSIBILITY. WE ARE NO STRONGER THAN OUR WEAKEST LINK. LET'S TAKE ACTION. LET'S G.O.!!
The 12 Steps
1. Don’t get crossed over by the illusion of success.
2. Get rid of all false ideas of who you are, and what you are.
3. Learn the hidden rules of the American culture.
4. Learn to manage, and eliminate self destructive behaviors.
5. Find, forgive, and Fix all relationships with your father’s
6. Learn the proper respect for women and yourself.
7. Are you really ready for “FATHERHOOD”?
8. Breaking the inherent cycle of incarceration.
9. “Keeping it real” does not mean to keep it stupid”.
10. Learn to market yourself, find a job, and keep it.
11. Understand the purpose of systematic education
12. Become your brother’s keeper.
Brother Vignon Omojagun, the former Thomas Gilmore who was able to throw off his slave name earlier this month in Ouidah, Benin, West Africa at his naming ceremony is our guest. Brother Vignon will tell us about his search for this roots which ended in his meeting the family left behind by his African ancestor in what was once Dahomey. He will talk about how he and his family are recreating the link that was broken during the trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.
This is an exciting and yet sad story that you do not want to miss!
We're discussing S4S and why it is so controversial. People will argue up and down about it and why its wrong. They read from whatever handbook that no one knows about, that was written for the "Community". So the topic is S4S, do you agree with it, disagree with it, how do you feel?
Exploring the world of modern society may reveal that the human way of life has ignored it´s true potencial. Humanity´s creativity and capacity of understanding reality can prove, if well managed, to be the way of creating an evolving expresion of human life that can thrive through knowledge into a sustainable relationship with the enviorment, and create a world in which life may prosper in balance and posibility.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (10 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (8 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (7 chatters)
- Master Tatankananda (5 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (3 chatters)
- The Hermetic Hour (3 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (2 chatters)
- Real Talk with EH and JG (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- SATTT Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (1 chatters)
- The HillToP Radio Show (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
From the BTR Blog
- BlogTalkRadio, in conjunction with P.I. Media, is proud to present the Curious Minds’ podcast series, ‘Heroes Of Podcasting’
- 3 Podcast Monetization Predictions from Andy Toh, BlogTalkRadio’s Chief Architect & GM
- BlogTalkRadio & Simple Podcast Press Join Forces to Create Publisher-Grade Podcasting Toolkit