Popular in Hobbies
Author and former Scientologist John Duignan will be joining us to discuss his new book, The Complex: An Insider Exposes The Covert World Of The Church Of Scientology. John, a 20+ year veteran of the Church's super-secret sect, the Sea Organization, will discuss his life inside, how he got out and how the Church uses its power to oppress members and destroy its critics.
zJust a quick reminder to say don’t forget to tune in to our live radio show 5.30pm tonight. We are going to be talking about the issues surrounding being a full time mum and carer. There are so many issues on this subject that effect how we feel about ourselves and what we do, and what we feel we contribute to society and the family unit. You can phone in and have your say, agree, disagree, whatever you want, as always, we love getting your views too.
We will ask why it is predominantly women who end up filling this role? Is this another outdated tradition, or is it the way it should be? We will explore how we end up where we do in general, is it by spoken agreement, it is just presumed, has it just ended up that way? Who is it that decided these things? Has maternal instinct got a lot to answer for? And even if we chose it, are we happy where we are, can caring alone be fulfilling? What message are we sending our children? How do we feel about the stereotypes society has about our role in general?
So we will explore as many of these issues and feelings as we can.
Riddle us this: What's the most geektastic thing you choose to do in your spare time? Are you a big-time gamer? A gardener? A Comic Con fiend whose loyalty falls on one side of the DC-Marvel spectrum? The way we spend our time outside work is as varied as our personalities, and let's face it, we're all nerds about something. Maybe your browser history shows you're bidding on a Star Wars action figure or a lamppost for your Lionel train layout. Perhaps your preference for the paranormal means you download every episode of America's Most Haunted. No matter your guilty pleasure, BlogTalkRadio allows hobbyists to geek out together on whatever it is they gravitate – or levitate – toward. Talk shop with bloggers, critics, even blog critics, on what matters to you, or steer the conversation by hosting your own niche show. Oh, and it probably goes without saying, Trekkies welcome here.
Join Host Live Chats
- Ms Blue (22 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (12 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- Bumming With Bobcat (4 chatters)
- Rivers Spirit Messages (3 chatters)
- The Black Geeks (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- SATTT Radio (2 chatters)
- Sportsology (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Angelspeakers (1 chatters)
- Lost Arts Radio (1 chatters)
- talkzone (1 chatters)
- The HillToP Radio Show (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- Word Is Born (1 chatters)
- CRAZY NATION RADIO (0 chatters)
From the BTR Blog
- BlogTalkRadio, in conjunction with P.I. Media, is proud to present the Curious Minds’ podcast series, ‘Heroes Of Podcasting’
- 3 Podcast Monetization Predictions from Andy Toh, BlogTalkRadio’s Chief Architect & GM
- BlogTalkRadio & Simple Podcast Press Join Forces to Create Publisher-Grade Podcasting Toolkit