Call in to speak with the host
Join us with guests Heidi Hollen and Dave Slavens, part of the moving force behind the American Foundation for Suicide Foundation (AFSP). AFSP was started over 25 years ago and is the nation’s leading organization for bringing people together to understand and prevent suicide.
• AFSP strives for a world that is free of suicide.
• AFSP supports research to understand the causes of suicide.
• AFSP educates others in order to foster understanding and inspire action.
• AFSP offers a caring community to those who have lost someone they love to suicide or are struggling with thoughts of suicide themselves.
• AFSP advocates to ensure that federal, state, and local governments do all they can to prevent suicide, and to support and care for those at risk.
Call-in # 1-347-850-8445
About our guests:
Dave and Heidi discovered the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention after the death of Dave’s younger brother Jesse to suicide in April 2011. Both Dave and Heidi are board members for the Greater Minnesota chapter of AFSP.
Dave has been the Board Chair since May 2012 and Heidi is responsible for the chapter’s advocacy efforts.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
old-style code for hosted blogs
300 x 295
400 x 370
640 x 550
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.