SORT BY Relevancy
Arielle Caputano Suicide coach
Young mom of a 4 yr old girl, working full time at film studio in Hollywood, CA, a nutrition freak, yoga lover, and a newbie blogger. Certified Suicide Awareness Coach and run a 24/7 online chat room for anyone feeling suicidal or depressed. I also run a no-charge in person support group in Los Angeles, CA. I am a published author as well, book is titled "Love you, Love me, Love We."
Originally from the rainy state (Seattle, WA) but moved to our beautiful state California couple years ago for the film industry… and of course the palm trees.
My website is www.deapinlove.com
I am also on Instagram @ariellecaputo
Every day 22 veterans commit suicide.
Former Army Ranger Ted Janis struggles with the suicides of his own friends and affirms the role that veterans can play in helping each other.
Acknowledge,Heal and Support.
There is Bad, Just as much Good. Lets talk about this.
January Jones - Suicide - Bader Field
Carl David is the author of “Collecting & Care Of Fine Art” (Crown, NY) and “Bader Field; How My Family Survived Suicide” (Nightengale Press) as well as many published articles. A third book, “Waking Dreams; The Subtle Reality” is expected to be available later this year or early 2012.
"Bader Field; How My Family Survived Suicide" (Nightengale Press)
The inspirational story of a high profile art dealing family's journey to survive without answers after one of their sons takes his life. Shown through the realistic visions of their youngest child, now a parent himself, then just sixteen. A Masterful portrayal of love, forgiveness and acceptance. Emotionally gripping with an inside look at the mysterious art world. This powerful family saga will change you forever.
Recognizing the rise in suicide among African Americans first hand among African Americans, Dr. William M. Young and his wife, Pastor Dianne Young, have accepted the challenge of raising the awareness and promoting the idea that suicide is preventable. Their choice of venue through which to promote this important 21st century concern: the Black Church. The Black Church has become a hub used to promote the importance of physical health over the past ten years, and it has become been a great match, so; the Young’s would like for the church to one day become the hub for delivery of mental health services as well. This concept works because when the church speaks or leads the charge, it removes the stigma and gives greater accessibility.
Additionally, the Young’s recognize that most violent acts in our communities and suicide, in most cases, happen when individual(s) fail to care for themselves emotionally. Since violence and suicide are issues of the heart and soul—mind, feelings and emotions—what greater place to promote life.
in Self Help
Shattered Lives Radio will talk with Amy Susan Crohn, a survivor of her brother Steve Crohn’s suicide in August, 2013.New York Magazine gives the best description of the full, but often turbulent life of Steve Crohn, a man of many huge talents and best known as “The Man Who Was Immune to AIDS.” Although, like many suicide victims, he had his ups and downs, those closest to him didn’t see it coming.
Returning guest, therapist Duane Bowers, will share with listeners his expertise in grieving and healing, even in these seemingly impossible situations.
Unlike the theme song to M.A.S.H. suicide is painful, especially to those left behind feeling like they’ve been sucker punched and left with questions that take years of searching for answers, and finding none.
The gaping hole in one’s life left by the suicide of a loved one is unique in that commonly there isn’t any warning, at least ones that are easily recognized. Survivors tend to re-live every moment of every day leading up to the event, and question themselves endlessly. Often professional help is needed to assist in moving away from the event itself, and to properly grieve and heal in a healthy manner.
Grief. Let's talk about it with hosts Lynda Cheldelin Fell & Angie Cartwright on the Grief Diaries Radio Show on Wednesday, July 30, as they openly and candidly discuss the truth about suicide with guest Christine Shively Bastone starting at 6 pm pacific / 9 pm eastern time. Join the conversation dby calling 855-345-4718 during the live broadcast. For more information on Grief Diaries Radio Show and Grief Diaries: On the Road, visit www.griefdiaries.com.
in Self Help
Helping A Friend
Brian has just returned to his dorm room after his girlfriend Jennifer has broken up with him. His roommate Jack, who has noticed that Brian has seemed depressed for the past several weeks, recognizes Brian’s withdrawn and sullen demeanor yet again. Jack decides to ask him how he is doing.
What Can You Do to Help a Friend?
Know the warning signs! Read over the list above and keep it in a safe place.
Do not be afraid to talk to your friends. Listen to their feelings. Make sure they know how important they are to you, but don’t believe you can keep them from hurting themselves on your own. Preventing suicide will require adult help.
Make no deals. Never keep secret a friend's suicidal plans or thoughts. You can not promise that you will not tell—you have to tell to save your friend!
Tell an adult. Talk to your parent, your friend's parent, your school’s psychologist or counselor-- a trusted adult. And don’t wait! Don’t be afraid that the adults will not believe you or take you seriously—keep talking until they listen! Even if you are not sure your friend is suicidal, talk to someone. It’s OK if you “jump the gun”—this is definitely the time to be safe and not sorry!
Ask if your school has a crisis team. Many schools have organized crisis teams, which include teachers, counselors, social workers, psychologists and principals.
Staying Alive Sponsored by www.AdviceCare.com - email us: StayingAlive@Outlook.com
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they continue their discussion on suicide and our youth. This week they focus on this very serious topic with an emphasis on pre-high schoolers and will bring into the discussion Marissa Diaz, a school counselor for the New York City Department of Education, Diaz has been working in education since graduating college in 2009. Through teaching, Marissa found that the social and emotional stability of her students was critical for their academic success. She then pursued a Master’s of Education in School Counseling and has been following her passion for student success as a school counselor at the middle school level.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (84 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (46 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (26 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (25 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (24 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (21 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (18 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (17 chatters)
- in5d (15 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (12 chatters)
- drkate (12 chatters)
- Body of Christ (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- the klicious show (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Rifleman (6 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (6 chatters)
- The Seika Network (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (5 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- TSBRadio (3 chatters)
- URBAN CONTROVERSY RADIO SHOW (3 chatters)
- Raw Sex (3 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- eDraft Sports Radio (3 chatters)
- Disasterpiece Theater (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (2 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (2 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network2 (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- E3 Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (0 chatters)
- Poetic Soul (0 chatters)