SORT BY Relevancy
During a visit to Florence Italy we met with a local psychotherapist, Dr. Paolo Molino. It was very interesting to get his views on mental health and the stigma surrounding seeking treatment in Italy.
We discussed his use of Gestalt Psychology, EMDR, emotional clearing for him in between client visits, and how mental illness is viewed in Italy. Paolo is fluent in English, French, and Italian which allows him to work with travelers, expats, and students.
Please enjoy the blog article here.
Dr. Paolo Molino
Via Antonio Scialoja 68
Tel: +39 3311064726
Join us as we interview Darlene Lancer, JD, MFT and author of: Conquering Shame and Codependency: 8 Steps to Freeing the True You and Codependency for Dummies. On the show we discuss shame and codependency. Some questions from the show are:
1. What is internalized shame?
2. How does shame show up when treating clients?
3. What are some common defenses to shame?
4. What are clues to help spot shame in clients?
5. How does shame affect codependency and relationships?
6. How might shame and codependency affect us as health care providers?
7. How should we approach treating shame?
Please read her popular article on this topic. For more information about Darlene and her work, please visit our post here.
Darlene Lancer is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and expert on relationships and codependency.
This show is brought to you by everythingehr.com
Craig Lewis is a Certified Peer Specialist and author of the Better Days – A Mental Health Recovery Workbook. Craig based the Better Days workbook on his personal life and recovery, and every page has been used successfully in peer group settings. A Better Days support group facilitation guide is currently being developed as are Spanish and French language versions of the Better Days workbook.
Craig also has edited and published You’re Crazy Volume One which compiles first-hand accounts of people from the punk rock scene who live with mental health struggles, addiction and trauma. A second volume ofYou’re Crazy is currently in the works.
Craig can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enjoy Craig's articles for our show: My Inner Human and An Interview with Craig Lewis, CPS.
in Self Help
This segment will be the beginning of a series, where we explore why Pres. George Implemented his New Freedom Initiative. This was in response to the consumers having unfair treatment limitations and financial requirements for mental health benefits,using a fragmented mental health system and fighting the stigmatism surrounding mental health issues.
in Self Help
We will discuss the various impairments for mental health and those signs and symptoms as defined by standards of the Social Security Administration
Dr. Gary Blau, Chief of the Child, Adolescent and Family Branch of the Center for Mental Health Services, joined Dr. Greene this month to discuss his work in the field of mental health. Among other issues, Dr. Blau discusses the alarmingly high rate of children in need of mental health services and the much lower rate of care available. He recommends not only expanding the number of health care providers, but also expanding the thinking of who could be helpful in treating these issues. Along these lines, he introduces the idea of mental health first-aid as a critical first step in providing appropriate services to children with mental health needs. In addition, Dr. Blau discusses the importance of a strength-based treatment model and the feasibility of family-driven, youth-guided service provision.
in Self Help
A different look at Mental illnesses, also called - Biological Unhappiness by Dr. Leland Heller.
I reach down deep to get to the nitty gritt, that most people dont no exist! We leave no stone unturned, and you will, see why they call us both exsperts!
So hold on to your hats, here we go with CRAZY RADIO, just a figure of speach, because the things that come out in this interview, will be CRAZY.
This morning we have the pleasure of interviewing Eileen Casella-Rider, LMHC. Eileen has her masters degree in counseling psychology from Antioch University. She has unique experience in the field of mental health working in both private practice and as a program director, clinician, and EHR advisor for mental health organizations. She has also provided training, sales, support, and clinical documentation expertise in the behavioral health electronic health record industry.
Eileen gravitated to the technical and software side of psychology during her times spent as a clinician. This unique vantage point gives her the perspective behavioral and mental health providers and organizations need to determine which EHRs to take seriously.
It isn’t just about the software!
This candid discussion about the behavioral health EHR industry is refreshing, open, and a must listen for any organization looking for the facts when it comes to EHR purchase and adoption.
Let’s open Pandora’s Box shall we?
Questions for Eileen? More information?
It was our pleasure to interview one of the few experts on HIPAA compliance for Mental Health practitioners. Roy Huggins, LPC NCC is Director of Person-Centered Tech, a consulting and continuing education firm that serves the healthcare community. Roy worked as a professional Web developer for 7 years before changing paths and makes it his mission to grow behavioral health clinicians’ understanding of the Internet and other electronic communications mediums for the future of our practices and our professions. Roy also acts as Technology Chair for the Oregon Counseling Association, is an advisory board member for the Zur Institute, and is an adjunct instructor at the Portland State University Department of Counselor Education. He routinely consults with healthcare professionals on issues of technology in practice as well as compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule.
Roy can be contacted via his website at www.personcenteredtech.com. His CE courses and written interview can be found here.
in Self Help
Do you have a mental health toolbox? A mental health toolbox is made of things you use or do to help yourself feel better. Your toolbox might consist of positive affirmation, or it might be simply taking a walk or a short nap. Did you know that certain essential oils can raise seratonin levels and help you feel better? Tonight I'll give you some ideas for creating your own toolbox and share some tips that have worked for me in the past.
Jeremy Bennett has become one of Canada’s most prolific experts and speakers on mental health, particularly anxiety and depression. Having been diagnosed at a young age with a severe form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, anxiety and clinical depression, he knows first hand the deliberating effects of mental illness.
By using the techniques & living the lifestyle he now teaches, he overcame what doctors told him he could not. His book, The Power of the Mind: How I Beat OCD, has helped so many.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (390 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (21 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (9 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (6 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (6 chatters)
- Go Nameless Its Painless (6 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (6 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (5 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (4 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (4 chatters)
- OneXHeart Messages with Robin (4 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Father Teresa (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (3 chatters)
- Just Us Radio Network (3 chatters)
- HME Network (2 chatters)
- DPRPresents (2 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- The Life Oasis Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Daily Broward Show (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)