SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Gary Blau, Chief of the Child, Adolescent and Family Branch of the Center for Mental Health Services, joined Dr. Greene this month to discuss his work in the field of mental health. Among other issues, Dr. Blau discusses the alarmingly high rate of children in need of mental health services and the much lower rate of care available. He recommends not only expanding the number of health care providers, but also expanding the thinking of who could be helpful in treating these issues. Along th
in Self Help
A different look at Mental illnesses, also called - Biological Unhappiness by Dr. Leland Heller.
I reach down deep to get to the nitty gritt, that most people dont no exist! We leave no stone unturned, and you will, see why they call us both exsperts!
So hold on to your hats, here we go with CRAZY RADIO, just a figure of speach, because the things that come out in this interview, will be CRAZY.
Dr. Elvira will speak with Dr. Elliot Sorel this week about mental health and NCDs.
Eliot Sorel, M.D., D.L.F.A.P.A., is an internationally recognized global health leader, educator, health systems policy expert and practicing physician. Dr. Sorel.co-chairs the World Psychiatric Association’s Task Force on non-communicable diseases and integrated car. was and was recently appointed by Dr. David Satcher to the US Oversight Committee on Health Disparities He is a member of the Board of Trustees Work Group on American Health Reform and of the Council on Healthcare Systems and Financing, both of the American Psychiatric Association. He has professorial appointments in Global Health, Health Services Management and Leadership in the School of Public Health as well as in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in the School of Medicine at George Washington University. Dr. Sorel is a former President of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia, the World Association for Social Psychiatry, the Washington Psychiatric Society and has served as a United States National Institutes of Health/Fogarty International Center grants reviewer. He is a Life Member of the American Medical Association, a Fellow of the American College of Psychiatrists, and a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He did his psychiatric training at Yale University, obtained his B.A. from New York University, and M.D. from the State University of New York. He has developed and led health systems in North America and the Caribbean, has consulted and taught in more than twenty countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Dr. Sorel is the author of more than sixty scientific papers and book chapters and the editor of seven books.
Join Carol Ring and I as we talk about Corporate Cultures ~ is yours by design or default? We will look at employee mental stress from misalignment of a Company's communication on their "Values" versus its actual daily operational actions.416-268-5115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Illnes is still taboo to talk about in some circles, its stigma of shame, denial, cycle and curse has destroyed countless of Families ! What are we scared of ? Bipolar and Schizophrenia are the two most common illnesses talked about and theses two we will talk about from a anonmous story from a Caregiver's Story And my own personal experience with family and people who thought I had a mental I had a Mental illnes because I conciously chose to stay homeless 10 years ago for 3 years and 9 months on the streets and shelters in Las Vegas !!
May is Mental Health Month, and teen hosts Robert, Dylan, and Kaitlyn discuss mental health issues and how you can enhance your mental well-being. Our guest is Mike, a local teen who has received treatment for depression.
For more information on the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and how you can get help, visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Teen Talk is supported in part by Audible. Visit audibletrial.com/teentalkcny to start your 30-day trial and benefit Teen Talk.
Today we interview Dr. Eric Nestler, the Nash Family Professor of Neuroscience at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. Dr. Nestler serves as Chair of the Department of Neuroscience and Director of the Friedman Brain Institute. The goal of Dr. Nestler's research is to better understand the molecular mechanisms of addiction and depression based on work in animal models, and to use this information to develop improved treatments of these disorders. Dr. Nestler has also done consulting for Berg Pharma and is on the Scientific Advisory Boards of Merck & Co., Inc. and PsychoGenics, Inc.
On this show we will be discussing the challenges between mental health and the church.
Jon Thomas has been involved in youth ministries since his youth, when he organized chaperoned parties at local churches for young people to attend. He has served as interim and assistant chaplain at Washington Adventist University. He completed his internship as youth pastor at Capitol Hill Seventh-day Adventist Church. Jon is an ordained elder in the S-dA Church and currently serves as chaplain of young adult ministries at Takoma Park S-dA Church. He is a licensed counselor in the State of Maryland, a pastoral counselor, and president of Cornerstone Community Counseling. Hobbies include roller skating and teaching martial arts.
Dr. Robert "Bobby" Manning proudly serves as the Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church of District Heights. Under his leadership, the church has grown significantly in number as well as local and global impact. Dr. Manning is a native of the Washington, D.C. area where he and his wife LaVera currently reside with their three sons Levi, Reuben and Joseph.
If you have mental health issues:
Do you take medication?
Are you ashamed?
Do you feel talked about?
Do you feel stereotyped?
Do feel pre-judged before others get to know you?
Guest Ms. Barbara of Miami, Florida will be sharing her life experience and issues of The Silent Killer. Feel free to call in
TUNE IN TO HEAR A GREAT DISCUSSION ON MENTAL ILLNESS, WITH OUR GUEST JAYMON WALKER! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT MENTAL ILLNESS THIS IS THE SHOW YOU DONT WANNA MISS!!! CALL IN LIVE TO THE SHOW FROM 7PM TO 8PM EST(347) 205-9102 , WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR QUESTIONS!!!
Dr. Donna Batchelor-Coleman is an Attorney, Chaplain, Marriage & Family Therapist and Founder/Director of OptimLives, Inc. OptimLives Inc provides consultations and services to special needs individuals and their families. As a Clinical Chaplain at a large healthcare system Dr. Colemen works closely with 1013 (mentally ill) patients in the emergency room setting. Dr. Colemen says, "anyone of us can be and has been a 1013 patient at some point in our lives." This can be triggered by the everyday stresses of juggling life". If you're life is jam packed with busyness and you're trying to figure out what to do before losing all control and jeopardizing your mental health, tune in to get help from our guest and expert in mental health awareness & maintenance.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (154 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (75 chatters)
- John Baptist (63 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (16 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- AlimBey (8 chatters)
- Finding Relisha Rudd Show (7 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (7 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (7 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (6 chatters)
- Know It All ABCs of Education (6 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (4 chatters)
- The Truth Is Out There0 (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- The Phantom Zone Radio Show (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (3 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (2 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Get It Out Radio (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Superior Must Awaken (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- The Red Room Radio (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Madden Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Acts 1711 Radio Network (1 chatters)
- ADVIA (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (1 chatters)