Allen Berger, Ph.D.
Dr. Berger is an internationally recognized expert in Gestalt-Experiential Psychotherapy and in the science of recovery from addiction. He wrote Hazelden’s popular recovery mainstay 12 Stupid Things that Mess Up Recovery (2008) and another book for Hazelden on emotional sobriety, 12 Smart Things to do When the Booze and Drugs are Gone (2010). His latest book is on the benefits of making amends. It’s titled 12 Hidden Rewards of Making Amends (2013).
He is widely known for his work on several areas of recovery and psychotherapy that include:
• Integrating modern psychotherapy with the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
• Emotional Sobriety
• Helping new patients understand the benefits of group therapy and helping them get the most out of it
• Helping families adjust to the challenges of recovery
• Helping men and women use their conflict to forge better relationships.
• Training therapists and counselors in Gestalt Experiential Therapy
Dr. Berger is uniquely qualified - his own personal journey in recovery started over 40 years ago in 1971 on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. He was the third Marine admitted into the Drug Amnesty Program that helped Vietnam Veterans with drug problems.
You can learn more about Dr. Berger and his work at www.abphd.com.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.