Popular in History
QueenMother4real Media continues the Journey of Chief Baba Oni Sango Adefunmi the Royal Sango to the King. Call 347-989-0180 to hear her story and ask questions. Chief Baba Oni Sango Adefunmi the Royal Sango to the King shares her experiences of living in Yorubaland in America. As a gift to Chief Baba Oni Sango Adefunmi we are asking all of our listening family to send a donation to rebuild the public Orisa Temple that was originated in NYC in 1970's. All donation can be sent through PayPal to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-hosting with Her excellency is HE Igberohinjade Oludoye Sared Activist, Senior Priestess, Writer and Hostess of Youtube Videos about Nature, Spirituality and Oyotunji Villiage in Shelton, SC. Also Co-hosting is Olori OsunEde Olusegun, author of "Secrets That Little Girls Hide," Activist for child sexual abuse prevention and Founder of Ayo's Healing House a safe place for women and children traumatized by sexual abuse. QueenMother4real IyaAwofalola Darlene Dawson, MS, MSED, EdS founder of QueenMother4real Media and Co-Founder of Ifa House of Worship formerly Yoruba House of Worship is the engineer and co-hosting as well.
United Empire Loyalist researcher Kathryn Lake Hogan joins Jane today to talk about New York Loyalists who went to Canada after the American Revolution. What happened to them once they got there? How do we go about researching them?
The “Todd’s” telling our Story from Virginia to Kentucky.
Underwood Etc. vs Underwood’s Executor, 1830, Federal Records, United States Circuit Court Records, 5th Circuit Court, obtained from the Library of Virginia’s Manuscripts Collection in Richmond.
The library is a wealth of knowledge and you can find books, periodicals, reference material and if you look real hard, you will find your ancestors hanging out in the library collections just waiting to be discovered. Starting ca. 20 April 1826 and ending 19 December 1830, there was a lawsuit brought by the heirs of Jane Pollard Dandridge Underwood against James Underwood, her estate executor. This lawsuit was filed by the heirs to recover the slaves and the income they had produced from James Underwood. As a descendant of enslaved ancestors, you can only research so far before you hit a brick wall. However, it is possible to go beyond that brick wall and find incredible information about your family’s past.
Phyllis Grimes is a graduate of Arizona State University where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies. Phyllis held various positions working for the Maricopa County Superior Court System and is an employee for the State of Arizona as an Investigator. Phyllis’ passion is researching her family history and she has been involved in genealogical research for over the past 20 years. While researching her history, she has gained a greater appreciation for early American History. She holds the position of the Family Historian/Genealogist for her family.
Author, Zen master, and spiritual teacher Clark Strand joins Jane to talk about his latest book, Waking up to the Dark.
No show this week. Catch us again in two weeks.
As Carl Sagan said, "You have to know the past to understand the present." History has shaped our nation's character, and our collective strength is measured in how we came together during our most challenging moments: the Civil War, World War I, Prohibition, World War II, the Dust Bowl, McCarthyism, the Cold War, the Challenger disaster, Operation Desert Storm, 9/11 and countless struggles before and since. But history also contains triumphs, from ending slavery to the moon landing to the fall of the Berlin Wall to Mars rover Curiosity. Join in discussion on these and more with historians, collectors, authors, professors and conspiracy theorists alike. Our hosts also show much support for our troops and military families. In fact, technology has played a big part in bringing soldiers closer to home, as they text, email and Skype from the front, and our â€œtalk to the troopsâ€ episodes are always inspiring.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (29 chatters)
- The Appearance (12 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (10 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- GiftedAngelDel (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (4 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (4 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- American Statesman (3 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (3 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (2 chatters)
- 63289 (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (2 chatters)
- PROPHETenergyreaderBrenda (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio ACO (1 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)
- Twelve Music (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- Yellow Carded Podcast0 (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (1 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- deliverancebyfaith (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Isles Beat (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (0 chatters)