Popular in History
Barbary pirates might be a bit past the golden age of pirates interesting in how one pirate (USMC) deals with another (Barbary)
Also some interesting tidbits on the age.
Why the name Ron Paul is having thugs shaking in their boots.
Why piracy paid and still does
This show will be a prelude to Dr. Wesley Muhammad's up and coming Black History lecture, on the campus of Howard University in Washington DC(February 13, 2010/11am-4pm). I invite all to join us in this open discussion. Don't forget to bring your pads, pens, and questions.
Dit land wordt al jaren verscheurd door onbegrijpelijke oorlogen. Dit prachtige land was eens zomaar privébezit van de Belgische koning. Hij is nooit veroordeeld voor de gruwelijke daden die in zijn naam zijn begaan. Langzamerhand probeert Congo zijn weg te vinden, zoals de rest van Afrika. Met ALPHONS MUAMBI maken wij een reis door de geschiedenis en de diverse ingrijpende zaken die nog meespelen.
Read it before she does...
Monday, May 18th, we'll be breaking down the Apollo 10 mission on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/apollotalks. This month is the 40th Anniversary of Apollo 10, the mission that served as the dress rehearsal for the lunar landing on Apollo 11. Join James DeRuvo, Mike Smithwick, Tim Callendar and a few surprise guests, as we break down the mission and talk about it's impact.
Pat Chouinard will interview maverick paleontologist Robert T. Bakker who concluded that Dinosaurs were not exterminated by an asteroid collision. His views offer a logical, rational explanation of one of the greatest mysteries of prehistory. He and Pat will explore the probable evolution some species of Dinosaurs into modern Birds. The family tree of both birds and Dinosaurs, as well as bird-like creatures, will be examined.
This program is a tribute show dedicated to Queen Mother Assata Shakur and all political prisoners/prisoners of war. Revolutionaries past & present. Pan-Afrikan Nationalism in Action can be found here!
The Afrikan Fallacy Called, Separation of Church and State.
Historically Africans are a spiritual people, yet in the community there is a current separation of spirituality (Church, Mosque, and African Traditional Religions) and our political, cultural and economic aspects of ou
This first episode of Yore Town introduces Sharon Hill, Yore Town President, as she tells us all about the Yore Town platform, and its combination of oral history and social networking. Guest Dee Dees, oral history author and speaker, will tell us about how she got started writing memoirs and conducting workshops to help others do the same. If you believe in the value of oral history, and if you believe in social networking, you'll enjoy this show.
The Western industrial nations have been deliberately subjugating the darkskin people of the earth for economic reasons. These international criminals raped the African continent to feed their factories, and are themselves responsible for the low standards of living prevalent throughout Africa.
Ramblings of a History Student. Episode one will begin with an introduction of the speaker, what the show is and the goals. The topics of the episode will be: Importance of being a Student, Paradox of Religion in Conflict, Foreign Policy, and finally touch on the Economy and what can be done. In addition there will be other goodies and a question of the day. Hope to see you there!
Wife of Wardell Burwell, and Home Economics teacher will talk about her experiences at BWI. In this project, we will interview men and women who attended, administrated, studied or taught at BWI in Kakata Liberia from 1957 till 1984 through the Prarie View contract, as they tell us about his experiences. All rights reserved, copyright Alvis A. Lee Memorial Project
Willie (William) Brown a Human Being of Color was forcibly removed from the Omaha Douglas County Courthouse on Sunday - September 28th 1919 at around midnight and brutally lynched/murdered by a enormous crowd of 4000 unruly whites -- including men, women and children without even a trial on 18th and Harney in Omaha, Nebraska.
Dr. Robert C. Gallo, the American co-discoverer of the cause of AIDS, had committed scientific misconduct. The investigators said he had "falsely reported" a critical fact in the scientific paper of 1984 in which he described isolating the virus that causes AIDS.
As Carl Sagan said, "You have to know the past to understand the present." History has shaped our nation's character, and our collective strength is measured in how we came together during our most challenging moments: the Civil War, World War I, Prohibition, World War II, the Dust Bowl, McCarthyism, the Cold War, the Challenger disaster, Operation Desert Storm, 9/11 and countless struggles before and since. But history also contains triumphs, from ending slavery to the moon landing to the fall of the Berlin Wall to Mars rover Curiosity. Join in discussion on these and more with historians, collectors, authors, professors and conspiracy theorists alike. Our hosts also show much support for our troops and military families. In fact, technology has played a big part in bringing soldiers closer to home, as they text, email and Skype from the front, and our â€œtalk to the troopsâ€ episodes are always inspiring.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (165 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (23 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (22 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (21 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (20 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (20 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (15 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (15 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (14 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (13 chatters)
- Straitway (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (10 chatters)
- Bellesprit (10 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (7 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Chicago Girlfriends (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- The Pawz Cauze Show (3 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (2 chatters)
- The Ladies Man (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- Twilight Talk Radio presents (1 chatters)
- Tru Talk All Day (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- JDWELL Women Empowerment (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Erica Q Cooper Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (0 chatters)
- wego (0 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (0 chatters)