1. Rescuers raced to find additional survivors after a powerful, shallow earthquake struck southern Taiwan before dawn on Saturday and collapsed a high-rise residential building, killing at least 13 people and injuring hundreds.
2. The Canadian government will lay out its new role in the U.S.-led war against the Islamic State next week that will include additional Special Forces, a non-combat air component and participation in an enlarged training mission.
3. Four months after launching airstrikes in Syria, the Kremlin is confident that Moscow’s largest overseas campaign since the end of the Soviet Union is paying off.
4. Citi strategists have warned that the global economy seems trapped in a "death spiral" that could lead to further weakness in oil prices, recession and a serious equity bear market.
5. As his government sought to extend emergency rule, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said on Friday that thousands of house searches since November's Islamist attacks in Paris have helped foil another terrorist plot.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Isaiah 49:1-5.
Our second coming quote for today is from R.C. Sproul. He said, "The sure hope of the Lord’s return has provided strength to many a suffering Christian. Knowing that Jesus will come again to consummate God’s kingdom helps us see the trials of life in their proper perspective and endure them for the sake of Jesus. When we are weighed down with illness or are suffering tribulation simply for being a follower of Christ, let us not focus on the pain of the suffering now but on the return of our Lord who will destroy death forever."
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register