SHOW NOTES: Our MANAGEMENT MAGICIANS™ series is dedicated to those exceptional few who step forward to serve as guides, sages and responsible parties for others in pursuit of the greater good for society and their organization! In this episode, our topic is, “I am Lucky! My Team is Marvelous! How do I get them to stay?”
First, we don’t plan on “luck” (if it happens fine, that is just an extra bonus in life)! So, let’s discard that part of the show title (it is usually used for self-deprecation and humility). Good choices have played a large part in having a “marvelous team.” Let’s focus on those aspects of the situation. Here are 10 tips for ensuring maximum employee engagement and retention (aka, how to get them to stay):
1) It is about them, not you.
2) Repeat #1.
3) Give them control of their lives.
4) Get out of their way.
5) Share your appreciation and gratitude.
6) Keep your personal issues, personal (at all times).
7) Leaders are not liked, they are respected (you are not liked and that is healthy).
8) Ask team members what they want.
9) Listen to the response from #8.
10) Stability is seductive.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register