Good in the ‘Hood, founded in 2003, exists to simply make a difference in one life, one family and one community at a time. We are an urban-based, partnering organization designed to use focus acts of kindness as a means of transforming lives and communities. Through our efforts and collaborations and we are able to offer essential practical support, with a personal touch, for those with the most need. Our programs and services include the following:
· Food in the Hood program serving groceries and hot meals to 500+ families each month
· Campus Cupboard for hungry college students
· SHOE AWAY HUNGER Campaign collecting used shoes for a cause (10 lbs of shoe will provide a person with 7 days worth of groceries)
· Mother’s Empowerment Center providing support and mentoring for single mothers suffering from the effects of past abuse.
· Love In Action, Drawing Passion and Books in the Hood youth mentoring arts, and educational programs
· Mobile Dental program for those without insurance
· Holiday Help programs including Thanksgiving grocery baskets for 2000+ families, Toys For Tots for 500+ families and Adopt-A-Family sponsorships for 50+ families.
· Internships, Community BBQ, Backpacks for homeless youth and for back to school programs.
Shawn Morrison, Executive Director
Good in the 'Hood
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.