Call in to speak with the host
Divine Guidance – Embracing Guidance
1. Recognize and submit your will to His sovereignty.
2. God wants us to know His will for us according to our spiritual nature.
3. God wants us to know the multiple dimensions of His purpose for us now.
* There is an expressed will of God on many dimensions, such as ages or eons, people groups, nations, etc. as well as for us as individuals.
* There is also the hidden will of God. God is under no obligation to reveal His final destination for us, or even our next step. When we let God do what He wants, He does whatever is needed—evangelism, healing, deliverance, revelation, etc. We don’t even need to know about it, it is all the same to us. As we mature in dependence, habitually resting in the trustworthiness of our spirit nature to be responsive to the slightest urging of God’s Spirit, God perfectly accomplishes His will through us. As we commune with Him, whether He asks us to pass the salt or raise the dead, it is all the same to us.
4. God uses the hiddenness of His will and our desire to know His will to lead us into dependence upon Him.
The qualifications for knowing His will and experiencing His divine guidance are the same as for every other facet of our relationship with Him: our healing, hearing His voice, knowing His peace and growing in dependence. This encourages us to dedicate ourselves again to cultivating quietness and learning to wait, having our senses tuned. Eternal life is an expression of our spirit life now, and the Lord uses our need to know to bring us into dropping anything that does not satisfy as He does.
The Need for Divine Guidance
When we discuss knowing the will of God for our lives, and seeking divine guidance, there are two kinds of people we are addressing.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.