Call in to speak with the host
Divine Guidance – Embracing Guidance
1. Recognize and submit your will to His sovereignty.
2. God wants us to know His will for us according to our spiritual nature.
3. God wants us to know the multiple dimensions of His purpose for us now.
* There is an expressed will of God on many dimensions, such as ages or eons, people groups, nations, etc. as well as for us as individuals. His goal is to ingrain dependence on Him for direction, motivation and encouragement, not to make sure we are at the right place at the right time doing the right thing. We become content to be where He is.
* There is also the hidden will of God. God is under no obligation to reveal His final destination for us, or even our next step. When we let God do what He wants, He does whatever is needed—evangelism, healing, deliverance, revelation, etc. We don’t even need to know about it, and it is all the same to us. So for our guidance, we can trust that as we lift our foot, He will guide its next placement as our foot falls to take the next step.
4. God uses the hiddenness of His will and our desire to know His will to lead us into dependence upon Him. The qualifications for knowing His will and experiencing His divine guidance are the same as for every other facet of our relationship with Him: our healing, hearing His voice, knowing His peace and growing in dependence. This encourages us to dedicate ourselves again to cultivating quietness and learning to wait, having our senses tuned. Eternal life is an expression of our spirit life now, and the Lord uses our need to know to bring us into dropping anything that does not satisfy as He does.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.