Our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy have changed. We think you'll like them better this way.

FORMER PC AND DC's TO FACE THEFT CHARGES ON THE LOSS OF KSHS.500M IDP's MONEY

  • Broadcast in Social Networking
Denzel Musumba

Denzel Musumba

×  

Follow This Show

If you liked this show, you should follow Denzel Musumba.
h:106267
s:1066689
archived
A former provincial commissioner and 22 district commissioners are among officials expected to be charged in court over the loss of Sh500 million meant for the resettlement of internally displaced persons. The former PC, a serving PC, the 22 DCs, and a large number of district officers, accountants, and other government officials have recorded statements with a special squad of detectives from the Criminal Investigations Department. The officer in charge of the bureau, Mr Gideon Kimilu, Wednesday told the Nation that a team of detectives was investigating the fraud. Fraudulent loss “It is true that we are investigating the fraudulent loss of money,” Mr Kimilu said. The investigators have established that some of the suspects, including the former PC and several DCs, bought prime property in Nairobi and other major towns during the period when the money was stolen. The detectives, who have been on the case for the past three months on the instructions of the Office of the President, have reportedly gathered loads of documents from the districts affected and the Rift Valley provincial headquarters. More than 400 witnesses have recorded statements, with many of them being said to have implicated the officials under investigation. Forensic audits have traced how Sh148 million of the stolen money was re-routed to private pockets by provincial administration officials responsible for the resettlement programme. Fictitious Investigators found that the administrators would withdraw millions of shillings meant for IDPs and create fictitious lists of victims that would then be presented as beneficiaries. However, when the investigators went to the ground and tried to trace the supposed beneficiaries, they found that they did not exist. In October last year, Special Programmes minister Naomi Shabaan blamed the provincial administration for the loss of Sh100 million meant for IDPs. Guys whats next...???????

Comments