Our Bodies, Temples of the Holy Ghost
1. God is the owner of the whole man. Soul, body, and spirit are his. God gave his only begotten Son for the body as well as the soul, and our entire life belongs to God, to be consecrated to his service, that through the exercise of every faculty he has given, we may glorify him.—The Youth’s Instructor, September 7, 1893. HL 9.1
2. From the first dawn of reason the human mind should become intelligent in regard to the physical structure of the body. Here Jehovah has given a specimen of himself; for man was made in the image of God.—Unpublished Testimonies, January 11, 1897.HL 9.2
3. The living organism is God’s property. It belongs to him by creation and by redemption; and by a misuse of any of our powers we rob God of the honor due him.—Unpublished Testimonies, August 30, 1896. HL 9.3
4. We are God’s workmanship, and his word declares that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made.” He has prepared this living habitation for the mind; it is “curiously wrought,” a temple which the Lord himself has fitted up for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.—Special Testimonies On Education, 33. HL 9.4
5. The very flesh in which the soul tabernacles, and through which it works, is the Lord’s—Unpublished Testimonies, October 12, 1896. HL 10.1
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register