Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with the Red Earth Herbal Gathering Founders Astrid Grove and Leela Whitcomb-Hewitt. Astrid Grove currently lives in the Colorado mountain town of Nederland with her husband, her two daughters, and two cats. Her passion lies in facilitating and supporting women's empowerment through midwifery, hands on healing, plant medicine and sacred ceremony. You can learn more about her at her website www.birthrootmidwife.com (this website is out of date, a new site will be posted soon that reflects Astrid's current offerings).
Leela Whitcomb-Hewitt practices Maya Abdominal Therapy and wise woman herbalism with Tibetan Medicine. With these tools she supports women in releasing abdominal tension and improving digestion to bring about systemic health. Since childhood Leela has been gathering in ceremony to honor the cycle of the year and the interconnectedness of all life. She is excited to be co-creating this gathering, welcoming you to hold and be held, inspire and be inspired and bring healing to yourself and the world.
this episode Q&A includes:
• long term dizziness and nausea- boneset tincture or hypericum taken regularly..
• hawthorn tincture for low or high blood pressure- it is a regulator...
• we all do the best we can can, but there are not any guarantees..
• making yarrow tincture..
• come to the plants with complete humbleness..
• eczema- plantain oil and liver nourishing dandelion..
• a dairy free diet for a 16 year old is a hip replacement for a 60 year old..
• hypericum oil is much safer than commercial sun screen..
• plants are not drugs! no active ingredients!
• fluid in the ear? baked onion..
• removal of ovaries...