Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Renee Mollan-Masters. Renee worked as a speech pathologist in the Fountain Valley School District and in her own private practice for 10 years. During this time she created with other teachers a reading remediation program which was later used statewide. While teaching a College Success Class at Orange Coast College in Southern California she developed the You Are Smarter Than You Think program. For 10 years during the 90’s she surveyed nursing students all over the country.
this episode Q&A includes:
• man on flomax wanting herb to help prostate- saw palmetto tincture..
• interstitial cystitis- comfrey leaf infusion..
• psoriasis- autoimmune disease- work with immun system, no processed foods, no essential oils- hypericum oil internally, tincture internally, astragalus and linden infusions..
• night shade family plants are some of the healthiest in the world..
• immune system is two armed- one to deal with bacterial infections and one to deal with viral infections..
• infused oil is not essential oils..
• do not make infused oils from dried herbs..
• honey is a humectant- keeps skin moist..
• swollen lymph nodes- cleavers infusion or tincture and poke root tincture..
• on antidepressants with heart palpitations and anxiety- meditation practice and motherwort tincture
• genital herpes- infusions of burdock and echinacea angustifolia..
• reflux, hernia and anxiety- slippery elm balls dissolved slowly in the cheek..
• breast cancer- check out Susun's book 'Breast Cancer? Breast Health!'
• comfrey for cyst on labia..