Join WORDS MAKE PEOPLE on Sunday March 25, 2018 from 1-3 p.m. for a panel discussion on: Women in Islam: the Blessings, the Challenges, the Myths. Join us by calling 714 816-4673 (press 1 to speak to the host) or listen online at - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/station-iwdm/2018/03/25/a-panel-discussion-on-women-in-islam-the-blessings-the-challenges-the-myths
The honorable role of women in Al-Islam is often misunderstood by non-Muslims and sometimes even by Muslims. Often clearly defined Islamic guidance about women and the role of women has been co-mingled with the many cultures with often positive results yet sadly sometimes with very negative results for women.
We hope to discuss issues and concerns about women in Islam along the following outline:
* What does the Qur'an say about women?
* Are women equal to men?
* What does it mean when they say Muslim women are to be "submissive"?
* What is the status of education and employment of Muslim women?
* How are Muslim women accepted or perceived in the general American society?
* What is the role of mother in Al-Islam?
In Sha Allah (G_d Willing) we will discuss these topics and much more.
PANELIST: Ashaki Rodriguez; Sabrina Siddeeq and Muslimah Muhammed.
Join us by calling 714 816-4673 (press 1 to speak to the host)
Or listen online at - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/station-iwdm/2018/03/25/a-panel-discussion-on-women-in-islam-the-blessings-the-challenges-the-myths