Popular in Lifestyle
- Archived Episodes (504)
Did slavery ever end in Amerikkka? The 13th amendment is cited as the law that ended slavery, but the 13th amendment doesn't end slavery. What the 13th amendment does is takes slavery from a private sector institution and makes it a public one. Askari will explore what the 13th amendment has meant historically for criminal justice in Virginia.
Picture it, an argument has wedged time and distance between you. Perhaps it's been a day or three or even years since you actually made contact with each other in a physical sense. Just how do you break through the touch barrier if you are wanting to make that leap toward having the romance you deserve and the marriage you dreamed of? So conflict expert and wife, Karleen, and conflict creator and husband, Don, come together to battle out the ideas. Take a listen to their very honest and high energy conversation.
Nearly 1/4 of all teens report having been or being cyber-bullied, that is, beng subjected to aggressive actions by one or more students. (We are not focusing on workplace bullying, though clearly this too is a growing concern with parallel issues.) Bullying is not "kids just being kids." Bullying involves a realtionship with an imbalance of power (again, also think workplace) and affects role performance, sense of competence, and self-confidence. Often because of the same factor, bully targets may suffer in silence. Bullying can incite self-destructive actions, even suicide. Might a group of students taunting and stalking a peer be seen as "teenage terrorists"? How can parents and other authority figures recognize the signs? How can schools (or workplaces) purposefully and systematically intervene and change the culture?
Tune in as
Dustin Bray, Computer Scientist/Game Analyst and
Mark Gorkin, the Stress Doc
grapple with this modern day variation on a longstanding source of trauma and tragedy.
Guest call in # 607-203-5455
To download the show anytime, go to... blogtalkradio.com/hchtw
Mark Gorkin, email@example.com
This is something new I wanted to try and I hope I will enjoy this journey. I hope all listeners receive a message from any content on the Gowns & Gossip Radio Show. For 30 minutes you will hear about various topics, some fun and some serious but most of all it will be genuine convo for us to have.
Join Host Live Chats
- *BlackJesusRadio* (11 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (9 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (1 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Moorish Light (1 chatters)
- Five Guys And A Bible Radio Show (1 chatters)
- HEALing THrough Hurt (1 chatters)
From the BTR Blog
- BlogTalkRadio, in conjunction with P.I. Media, is proud to present the Curious Minds’ podcast series, ‘Heroes Of Podcasting’
- 3 Podcast Monetization Predictions from Andy Toh, BlogTalkRadio’s Chief Architect & GM
- BlogTalkRadio & Simple Podcast Press Join Forces to Create Publisher-Grade Podcasting Toolkit