This episode of PopHealth Week is brought to you by Health Innovation Media. Connect with us at www.popupstudio.productions
I’m Gregg Masters, managing director of health innovation media and the producer of PopHealth Week. In the virtual studio is my partner and lead co-host Fred Goldstein, president of accountable health LLC - a Jacksonville Florida based consulting firm.
On today’s show we discuss recent developments on the Covid-19 front.
The subjects we touch on include:
- Covid-19 and the fall. Will there be a second wave?
- Stay at home fatigue - the natives are increasingly restless.
- The Cost of Herd Immunity in the U.S. will likely involve more than a million deaths
- The CDC’s action to defer evictions
- An American Medical Association study that reports one in four Americans report depression during the pandemic. NOTING This is "another impending public health crisis.”
- The Department of H&HS funds a $250 million contract to 'defeat despair and inspire hope' on coronavirus; and
- The FDA Under Pressure to Fast Track Vaccine Approval
But first the Covid-19 dashboard.
At the time of this episode, Global cases are clocking in just shy of 30 milloin, with reported deaths just north of 930, 000.
While on the domestic front, the US with roughly 4.25% of the world’s population yet has recorded 6.6 million cases and in late September will cross the very grim milestone of 200,000 U.S. deaths.
So overall, a pretty grim picture compared to how other developed countries are managing to control the spread of this novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).