In today's show, the Dr's answer and discuss the following questions:
1. My high blood pressure medication is causing me to underperform in the bedroom to the point where I feel extremely anxious, embarrassed, and guilty that I am losing this part of myself to old age. My doctor says it's either the meds or a stroke, so I follow her advice. My wife is very supportive, but I can't help but feel guilty. How can I help her understand that I do love her and that it's not her physical appearance that is causing my malfunction?
2. Eating foods that make you feel horribly bad. Why am I abusing myself in such manner? Can you help me understand the cycle?
3. When caught between the pleasure and ego trap for food is one way out to somehow get to the point that you know you can eat whatever you want but truly don't want to eat the high fat food? Or is the only way out to be sick and your life depends on it?
4. Can you provide a succinct, complete definition of the term, "Pleasure Trap" in your book of the same name?
5. I’m curious as to why and how we got it so wrong for so long with regards to genetics vs environment. We blame genetics for chronic diseases (diabetes, high cholesterol, cancer, etc), and we blame environment for our personalities, intelligence, behaviors, and life choices. When in reality, it’s the opposite. Who we are individually is genetic, and what diseases we get are driven mostly by environment (food and lifestyle). Once we found out the earth was round and revolves around the sun, most people caught on. How long do you think will it take for society to ‘catch on’ to the truth about genes and environment?