SORT BY Relevancy
Have you been following or reading about the #YesAllWomen movement on Twitter? Juneau blogged about how the stories of how all women live with the threat of violence made her reflect about why Adam Lambert won her heart. But there is more to it than that. Adam has inspired so many and given women -- and men -- the courage to face fear, throw off their shackles and not be dictated to about how they should look, or feel, or behave.
We live in a very complex time, with extreme oppression of women still widespread in much of the world, while in the West, women have made strides undreamt of just a generation ago... and yet our media are filled with images of women that seem more hypersexualized than ever. Is this empowerment or a trap? And what about men? When white males still fill the CEO suites and earn more than women for doing the same jobs, why are some so filled with rage? Is this just the backlash of those who are losing their privileged positions, or is something else going on?
Juneau will join Nika for a live discussion. Call in to share your views! We look forward to an hour of serious discussion and seriously good music, of course!
Gridiron Beauties NO JOKE FOOTBALL showcases the best athletes in the womens gridiron football scene globally. Join Erica Lynn Anderson @patsfangirl12 interviewing womens gridiron players plus insights, news and more weekly. Cohosts Eric Brown @Fitforlyfe and Nkeshe Free @KeshiCuties recapping #NFL CollegeFootball recap. Don't Miss It !
Thursday Carla Wynn Hall will be speaking with Makia Baker, Valerie Gregory, and Sharon Tam, three co-authors who have survived domestic violence and write their stories in Empowered Women of Social Media.
Sharon Tam is a healthcare professional who loves to learn from manufacturing and testing biopharmaceutical drugs to clinical practice, therapy, healing, health, and wellness...more
Valerie Gregory, AKA “The Warrior”
Valerie is a single mom who works for one of the top investment firms in the country. She is a loving mother to a beautiful little girl. She is also a domestic violence survivor. She is now using her voice to speak out against this horrific epidemic. In sharing her story, she hopes that it will give others courage to break their silence...more
Today I am an independent consultant for Jamberry Nails which has given me the opportunity to polish my sales skills. People skills are easy for me because I was able to develop them after years of being in abusive relationships. My friends say I am dependable and kind. I love my family and would do anything in the world for them. This is my first writing experience and I am totally loving it...more
Visit Our Website
About our Sponsors
Learn about BTS and what efforts are being made in your area. Talk to survivors of domestic violence, call in to talk about your experience with DV, call to vent, call to discuss the recent twitter and facebook trend YesAllWomen...call in to discuss important topics regarding violence and what needs to be done in order to diminish the rising domestic violence rates,
Hosts Jesse and Cody discuss the recent mass shooting near Santa Barbara, perpetrated by apparent misogynist Elliot Rodger, looking at excerpts from his manifesto and examining how many of his ideas are to be found embedded within our culture at large. Alos examined is the #YesAllWomen campaign and its #NotAllMen detractors, the power of raising awareness and the lack of action taken on such awareness. Finally, the roots of such misogyny are found to lie deep in our prehistory, which can only be uprooted and disposed of with a massive shift in our cultural consciousness.
How many times can we say "never again" before it's true? And how do we end the cycle of violence when it is wrapped so tightly around misogyny and race? How do we keep guns out of killers hands? And how do we address this country's inadequacy of mental health care? MOMocrats Cynematic, Karoli, Anoosh Jorjorian and Donna Schwartz Mills talk about the Isla Vista tragedy in this political discussion from the progressive point of view. Produced by Engender Media Group.
Amy Beth welcomes author and Men's Rights critic Daniel Haight to discuss the controversial Men's Rights movement and the social fall-out of the recent murder spree outside UC Santa Barbara. A sci-fi writer and self proclaimed "Neo-Male," Daniel has gotten flack for his criticism.
Are men really victims in our society? Or just whining now that women are encroaching on their domain? What do we-both men and women-owe each other?
And now the Wisconsin stabbings: 12 year old girls brutally attacking a "friend" to impress a fictional Internet character. How can parents protect their kids? What's the media's responsibility? And where do we draw the line between responsibility and censorship?
How can parents, educators, counselors, communities raise better, stronger people? And what's the impact of social media?
And the usuals: Free-flow pop culture convo, Inspiration to Action Shout-outs & more!
Join our lively conversation Tweet before/during the show @abwrites Call during show 347-857-4505
Listen LIVE or anytime on demand.
Jon couldn't make it today, so Nathan is joined by Kate Wolff to discuss the #yesallwomen hashtag. Nathan 'jazz rant's about Alpha and Beta males.
Follow Nathan on Twitter @NathanMacintosh
Follow Kate Wolff on Twitter @TheKateWolff
Check out all of our great shows at http://standupnylabs.com
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (59 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (45 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (41 chatters)
- John Baptist (24 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (15 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- BeverlyD (8 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (8 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- Ron March Show (6 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- Voices of Global Freedom (5 chatters)
- thelordshour (4 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (4 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (4 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- BULLY BLOCK RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 2 (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The Monique Chapman Show (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (2 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (2 chatters)
- superdaveshow (2 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (2 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (2 chatters)
- Bridging Spirit (2 chatters)
- Bridging The Gap of Georgia (1 chatters)
- CynCity Radio (1 chatters)
- EWOL MINISTRY COMMUNICATIONS (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- All About Us Teen Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Mystique Productions (1 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)
- The Rapture rape abuse torture (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- Vibe Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (0 chatters)