SORT BY Relevancy
Have you been following or reading about the #YesAllWomen movement on Twitter? Juneau blogged about how the stories of how all women live with the threat of violence made her reflect about why Adam Lambert won her heart. But there is more to it than that. Adam has inspired so many and given women -- and men -- the courage to face fear, throw off their shackles and not be dictated to about how they should look, or feel, or behave.
We live in a very complex time, with extreme oppression of women still widespread in much of the world, while in the West, women have made strides undreamt of just a generation ago... and yet our media are filled with images of women that seem more hypersexualized than ever. Is this empowerment or a trap? And what about men? When white males still fill the CEO suites and earn more than women for doing the same jobs, why are some so filled with rage? Is this just the backlash of those who are losing their privileged positions, or is something else going on?
Juneau will join Nika for a live discussion. Call in to share your views! We look forward to an hour of serious discussion and seriously good music, of course!
Thursday Carla Wynn Hall will be speaking with Makia Baker, Valerie Gregory, and Sharon Tam, three co-authors who have survived domestic violence and write their stories in Empowered Women of Social Media.
Sharon Tam is a healthcare professional who loves to learn from manufacturing and testing biopharmaceutical drugs to clinical practice, therapy, healing, health, and wellness...more
Valerie Gregory, AKA “The Warrior”
Valerie is a single mom who works for one of the top investment firms in the country. She is a loving mother to a beautiful little girl. She is also a domestic violence survivor. She is now using her voice to speak out against this horrific epidemic. In sharing her story, she hopes that it will give others courage to break their silence...more
Today I am an independent consultant for Jamberry Nails which has given me the opportunity to polish my sales skills. People skills are easy for me because I was able to develop them after years of being in abusive relationships. My friends say I am dependable and kind. I love my family and would do anything in the world for them. This is my first writing experience and I am totally loving it...more
Visit Our Website
About our Sponsors
Learn about BTS and what efforts are being made in your area. Talk to survivors of domestic violence, call in to talk about your experience with DV, call to vent, call to discuss the recent twitter and facebook trend YesAllWomen...call in to discuss important topics regarding violence and what needs to be done in order to diminish the rising domestic violence rates,
Hosts Jesse and Cody discuss the recent mass shooting near Santa Barbara, perpetrated by apparent misogynist Elliot Rodger, looking at excerpts from his manifesto and examining how many of his ideas are to be found embedded within our culture at large. Alos examined is the #YesAllWomen campaign and its #NotAllMen detractors, the power of raising awareness and the lack of action taken on such awareness. Finally, the roots of such misogyny are found to lie deep in our prehistory, which can only be uprooted and disposed of with a massive shift in our cultural consciousness.
How many times can we say "never again" before it's true? And how do we end the cycle of violence when it is wrapped so tightly around misogyny and race? How do we keep guns out of killers hands? And how do we address this country's inadequacy of mental health care? MOMocrats Cynematic, Karoli, Anoosh Jorjorian and Donna Schwartz Mills talk about the Isla Vista tragedy in this political discussion from the progressive point of view. Produced by Engender Media Group.
Amy Beth welcomes author and Men's Rights critic Daniel Haight to discuss the controversial Men's Rights movement and the social fall-out of the recent murder spree outside UC Santa Barbara. A sci-fi writer and self proclaimed "Neo-Male," Daniel has gotten flack for his criticism.
Are men really victims in our society? Or just whining now that women are encroaching on their domain? What do we-both men and women-owe each other?
And now the Wisconsin stabbings: 12 year old girls brutally attacking a "friend" to impress a fictional Internet character. How can parents protect their kids? What's the media's responsibility? And where do we draw the line between responsibility and censorship?
How can parents, educators, counselors, communities raise better, stronger people? And what's the impact of social media?
And the usuals: Free-flow pop culture convo, Inspiration to Action Shout-outs & more!
Join our lively conversation Tweet before/during the show @abwrites Call during show 347-857-4505
Listen LIVE or anytime on demand.
in Self Help
Last week's show had to be cancelled due to the storm but we will be on the air Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 11PM EST 10PM CST! JOIN US!!
3 women are killed every day in the US by domestic violence. Who is killing them? It is us men. #YesAllWomen” Dean Obeidallah
Do you feel that men could really help this epidemic problem GO AWAY!?
How do we get men more invovled to understand the depth of this health issue?
What can you share with the men you know to educate them better and inspire them to become more active in deterring domestic violence?
Join us on the show as we explore some ideas and possibilities.
Jon couldn't make it today, so Nathan is joined by Kate Wolff to discuss the #yesallwomen hashtag. Nathan 'jazz rant's about Alpha and Beta males.
Follow Nathan on Twitter @NathanMacintosh
Follow Kate Wolff on Twitter @TheKateWolff
Check out all of our great shows at http://standupnylabs.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Pro Wrestling Torch (39 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (28 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (17 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (12 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (12 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (11 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (11 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (10 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (8 chatters)
- TonyBrunoShow (7 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (6 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (5 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (5 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- GalacticU Radio (4 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (4 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (3 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (3 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (3 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- Ask a PI (2 chatters)
- Baltimore Business Network (2 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Souls Intent (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- practice what u preach network (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- 64621 (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Black Author Network (1 chatters)
- Boston Sports Hack (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Bellesprit (0 chatters)