SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Hosts Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon present a new series that carries on the exploration begun on FastForward Radio.
The world is changing in ways that are difficult to predict, sometimes even dificult to imagine.
Forget about THE future. Let's talk about YOUR future.
If this truly is the greatest period of transformation in human history, what does that mean to each of us?
How will our lives be different?
What should we each be doing to prepare?
Phil and Stephen discuss the three major drivers of change we all need to be aware of and the one change that is crucial to making the future happen
Let the journey begin. Today is the day.
The World Transformed presents the November Singularity Network video hangout. PJ Manney, Jason Xu, Stephen Gordon, Philippe Van Nedervelde, Nikola Danaylov and others will be on hand to discuss a wide range of topics including accelerating technologies, transhumanism, nanotechnology, biotechnology, anti-aging, robotics, and post-scarcity.
The digital age has fundamentally transformed humanity's relationship with information. Through the advent of personal computer, Internet, smart phone, and social media technology, we have access to knowledge, to transactions, and to interpersonal communication that far transcends what was possible a few decades ago. The digitization of information has radically transformed almost every aspect of society -- from education to careers, from entertainment to personal relationships, rom child rearing to high finance.
And yet the truly radical digital transformation has yet to come. Information was made digital through systems that arrange and precisely order patterns of electrons. What are the implications of coming systems that can can arrange and precisely order patterns of molecules?
Nanotechnology promises to migrate the benefits of the digital age from information to material goods. The possibilities raised by this migration are enormous -- both the benefits and risks. The Center for Responsible Nanotechnology says:
The next Industrial Revolution is right around the corner. Fourth generation nanotechnology — molecular manufacturing — will radically transform the world, and the people, of the early 21st century. Although nanotechnology carries great promise, unwise or malicious use could seriously threaten the survival of the human race.
A panel of nanotechnology experts outline the opportunities, benefits, and risks that nanotechnology represents.
J. Storrs Hall
Hosts Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon have done more than 400 podcasts over the years. Tonight marks the 100th show since this program changed its name from FastForward radio to The World Transformed.
So, 100 shows in, how are we doing at transforming the world? The guys review some of their favorite shows and topics from the past two years, review subjects that require further exploration, and give some thoughts on where the next 100 shows might take us.
Join us for our 100th trip into the future as The World Transformed.
This program originally aired Septmeber 8, 2009. Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon review their epic 11-week, 10-part series, The World Transformed.
Futurists Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon review the transformations that are changing our world:
Our Thinking Transformed: Imagination, Creativity, and a World Transformed
The End of Aging and the Coming Era of Indefinite Lifespan
The Nanotech Revolution
Risks, Dystopia, and Unsettling Futures
Reworking the Human Architecture
Achieving Friendly Artificial Intelligence
Virtual Worlds and Personality Uploading
The End of Scarcity and the Age of Abundance
The Technological Singularity
Acceleration, Convergence, and Human Destiny
(First aired 6/14/2009)
We're reviewing FastForward Radio's landmark special series, the World Transformed.
Original description:A sneak preview of our upcoming breakthrough series, The World Transformed.
This show featured Phil Bowermaster, Stephen Gordon, and Michael Darling setting the agenda for the upcoming series, The world Transformed.
New commentary includes Phil's reflections on how well these expectations were met and what they are hoping to achieve with the new special series starting in early 2011.
The future is on its way. What will it be like? Hosts Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon debate some pivotal questions about what may unfold in the years to come.
Resolved: The discovery of extraterrestrial life is inevitable, as is the discovery of extraterrestrial intelligence. Resolved: Newly discovered oil reserves will go largely untapped; the future belongs to alternative sources of energy. Resolved: Within a decade, bitcoin -- or something like it -- will be one of the world's leading currencies. Resolved: Humanity's fate is summarized in the title of R. Buckminster Fuller's book: Utopia or Oblivion. One or the other is inevitable. (WT011)
Hosts Stephen Gordon and Phil Bowermaster discuss a wide variety of topics that show just how quickly, and completely botht he world and our understanding of it are changing.
Why the inventors of the LED deserved a Nobel prize.
How transparent solar cells will redefine what we do with windows.
Why NASA is researching ways to make people sleep for a long time.
How a berry discoverd in Autralia might be the cure for cancer.
Why we care about skinny worms on a high-sugar diet.
How a spacecraft and a lunar highway were discovered in a 1968 moon photo.
Why Peter Thiel is wrong about the future.
There's something there for everybody, we believe. Tune in and explore!
Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon set the stage for The World Transformed 2, beginning next week on FastForward radio. A series of panel discussions and individual interviews dedicated to the major transformations occurring in our world. One major transformation per week.
Our Thinking Transformed, June 29
Mortality Transformed, July 6
The Material World Transformed, July 13
Humanity Transformed, July 20
Intelligence Transformed, July 27
Reality Transformed, August 3
Wealth Transformed, August 10
Our Fears Transformed, August 17
The Future Transformed, August 24
Human Destiny Transformed, August 31
Having completed our rebroadcast of the original World Transformed, and in preparation for the World Transformed 2 coming up later this year, Phil Bowermaster begins a series of short podcasts exploring what life will be like in a world utterly different from the one we live in today.
Where are the possibilities? Everywhere. All around us.
Hosts Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon explore a grab-bag of possibilities:
Finding success through enabling failure.
Creating the roadmap for post-scarcity.
Awarding a prize for the biggest contribution to the datafication of our world.
Do hallucinogens have a role to play in getting us to the future?
Is there more value in data or in our tools for understanding it?
Should there be some reward just for efforts to make things happen faster?
Looking for ways to get a 10-20% brain boost.
Tune in and explore!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (342 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (28 chatters)
- Straitway (26 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (17 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (14 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (11 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (9 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Local Live Music (5 chatters)
- Conservative Report (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (3 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (3 chatters)
- Powerhouse Ministries Intl (3 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (3 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- redmaryland (2 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- SpiritAliveNetwork (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- 65820 (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio2 (2 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- ATouchofReality (1 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- G220 Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Scott Cluthe and P I Radio (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- Wanda Henderson Ministries (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (1 chatters)