SORT BY Relevancy
Willpower is defined as the strength to act, or forbear from acting, in the pursuit of a goal, to have self discipline, training and control of oneself and one's conduct, usually for personal improvement, and to have self control which is the ability of a person to exert his/her will over the inhibitions of their body or self. Join me for an avid discussion on Willpower.
Call In (646) 929-0300 Sunday Night @ 7:30pm Eastern // Have you experienced the MAGIC of OPTIMISM & WILLPOWER? Tonight Ms. Controversy Byrd and Zahra Marie will be dropping science (as always) on how to activate, use and master the tool of optimism and how work your WILLPOWER! Tune in, Call in, and Turn up with Vibrate and Elevate.
We would love to build and connect with all our supporters and listeners, so check us out on Facebook: VIBRATEand Elevate and also visit www.pncconsultingfirm.com or call 786.972.8695
in Self Help
You’re not alone if you’ve ever said or thought, "I just don't have any willpower!” Nearly everyone has the same problem simply because willpower fails nearly 97% of the time.
Tonight on Bust Your Ruts Radio Deb will share the newest research demonstrating that the conscious mind is only able to focus for about 8-10 seconds before it becomes distracted. That distraction is what causes the mind to lose focus and weaken your willpower. If you want to learn a tool that can support you in achieving your goals 97% of the time, this show will help you unlock the power of your subconscious mind and move beyond willpower.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
6 pm PST, 7 MST, 8 CST, 9 EST
in Self Help
Tara McGillicuddy welcomes Dr. Thomas E. Brown to ADHD Support Talk Radio. Tara and Dr. Brown will be discussing important issues related to Focus, Willpower Adult ADD / ADHD.
ADHD Support Talk Radio host Tara McGillicuddy is an internationally recognized ADD / ADHD expert. She is also a top ADHD Coach and the founder of ADDClasses.com.
in Weight Loss
Repeated weightloss failures despite valiant efforts happen every day, and is magnified every new year when resolutions to lose weight are decided by the global population.
The problem is not willingness - we are all willing, but the flesh is weak. Willpower will generate massive momentum initally; but that momentum loses steam really quickly, fading into weightloss oblivion.
Pastor Rick Warren started the Daniel Plan at his church a few years ago, and the success measured more than 15,000 members losing in excess of 250,000 pounds. The lighter, more confident congregation is also reputed to have more vibrancy for doing God's work.
He has tranferred this plan and its success formula to his latest book, The Daniel Plan - 40 days to a Healthier Life. Join me in a HYBRID (Live/online broadcast) Bible Study using this curriculum.
In this show, we discuss the desire to lose weight, the challenges we constantly face, and how using God Power, as outlined by Pastor Rick Warren; instead of willpower - the tried and failed method.may be the ticket to weight loss success in 2014.
Find yourself reaching for that donut or that extra beer when you know you shouldn’t? Having trouble stopping yourself from indulging in a habit or behavior you know is bad for you -- but you just can’t stop yourself? Accessing and utilizing your willpower can be a tricky business; it’s also a skill that can be trained. This episode explores how willpower works and how you can start strengthening yours -- through methods that are 100% free -- today.
Having earned his stripes producing for the likes of Eminem, Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse, and Wiz Khalifa, WillPower first broke through to Strange Music fans with his contribution to Tech N9ne's "Delusional" from the blockbuster All 6's And 7's.
Today, June 11 at 3PM CST, WillPower will be LIVE on the Strange Music Podcast to take your calls and answer your questions. We will be talking to WillPower about his all-star resume as well as his recent work on Stevie Stone's "Dollar General" from Rollin' Stone.
You won't want to miss out on what one of the hottest producers today has to say!
CALL (347) 994-3066 AND PRESS 1 TO TALK TO WILLPOWER
in Self Help
Dr Julie Helmrich, famous Shrink'n'Drink psychologist from Milwaukee, answered these questions: 1) willpower basics, 2) procrastination busting, 3) couple can't find "seekers" who are enjoying life in the moment & achieving, 4) how to tell if teen son has alcohol problem? 5) possible to be addicted to complaining? 6) in my late 20s and my parents want to be my friend, I want them to remain parents 7) SnD University student asks about being addicted to being cynical.
Based on Stanford University psychologist Kelly McGonigal's class "The Science of Willpower," The Willpower Instinct is the first book to explain the new science of self-control and how it can be harnessed to improve our health, happiness, and productivity.
Informed by the latest research and combining cutting-edge insights from psychology, economics, neuroscience, and medicine, The Willpower Instinct explains exactly what willpower is, how it works, and why it matters. For example, readers will learn:
Willpower is a mind-body response, not a virtue. It is a biological function that can be improved through mindfulness, exercise, nutrition, and sleep. Willpower is not an unlimited resource. Too much self-control can actually be bad for your health. Temptation and stress hijack the brain's systems of self-control, but the brain can be trained for greater willpower Guilt and shame over your setbacks lead to giving in again, but self-forgiveness and self-compassion boost self-control. Giving up control is sometimes the only way to gain self-control. Willpower failures are contagious--you can catch the desire to overspend or overeat from your friends--but you can also catch self-control from the right role models. In the groundbreaking tradition of Getting Things Done, The Willpower Instinct combines life-changing prescriptive advice and complementary exercises to help readers with goals ranging from losing weight to more patient parenting, less procrastination, better health, and greater productivity at work.
in Self Help
Dr. Julie Helmrich, psychologist from Milwaukee, WI and originator of Shrink n Drink, delivers a weekly mini-course on a topic inspired by the questions asked at Shrink n Drink LIVE events, the questions asked on Shrink n Drink: The Radio Show, and questions asked by couples and individuals with whom she consults directly.
in Self Help
Show Theme: Will Power
What do you desire to achieve in life? It takes the power of your will or what is more commonly called willpower to achieve all of your goals and aspirations. You have to make the choice to achieve your goals. Self-doubt is one of the greatest destroyers of dreams. But it is not just enough to have a dream; you also need to have a vision. Once you have that vision you have to believe in yourself and know that you can achieve whatever you will and put your mind toward achieving.
"Will power is mind over matter."
Affirmation: I think I can. I believe I can. I know I can.
Featured Artist: Zero V - Heaven
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (146 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (87 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Annahilation (22 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (19 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (17 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (14 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (14 chatters)
- MABIM (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- The 720 Show (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- Omega Man (7 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- Truf Bros (6 chatters)
- We Built That Network (6 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (5 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (4 chatters)
- Odwirafo (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (3 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Political T and T (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Radio Enso (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- manofgod7 (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- DJ NIA BOOM (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Live with TLGriffin (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- Table Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- New Colony Network (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- ParaAnne (1 chatters)
- Patriot Voices of Social Media (1 chatters)
- We Game (0 chatters)