SORT BY Relevancy
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of NatureConnectionMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection Show! This episode airs live from the historic Best Western Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 401 National Park units.
- Special guest co-host is Adam Roberts, VP of Born Free USA wildlife conservation group, who will review the wildlife and animal issues of 2013.
- Award-winning photographer Dr. Charles Rawlings, author of ‘Living Shells’, will talk about his recent photography trip where he trekked with the Mountain Gorillas in The Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, in the remote southwest corner of Uganda.
- Scott Gediman, Assistant Superintendent for Public & Legislative Affairs of Yosemite National Park, will discuss the park’s restoration program for the popular Mariposa Grove of sequoia trees.
On today’s show World Footprints explores the plight of the endangered Panther, we chat with one of the rising IZOD Indycar stars Simona de Silvestro, and we also view Catholicism through the lens with Father Robert Barron. As a special bonus, we added some sound bytes and interviews from the DC Stop Modern Slavery walk to end human trafficking.
Panthers once roamed the entire southeastern United States; from Florida to South Carolina and Louisiana. However, the panther was added to the Endangered Species List in 1967 and today the remaining population is isolated in South Florida. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is at the forefront of the Panther conservation efforts and Park Ranger Sandy Mickey from the Florida Panther & Ten Thousand Islands National Wildlife Refuges joins us today to talk about some of these initiatives.
Then, we enjoyed a chat with one of the IZOD Indycar series rising stars, Simona de Silvestro. Simona is one of a handful of female Indycar racers and she is one of the most prominent racecar drivers on the track. She is the first woman in Atlantic Series history to have earned the most wins and pole positions, and the IZOD Indycar Rising Star Award. Finally, we will talk to Father Robert Barron, the Francis Cardinal George Professor of Faith and Culture at Mundelein Seminary and a priest of the Archdiocese of Chicago, about his PBS series Catholicism. This documentary illustrates the history and treasures of a global religion shared by more than one billion people around the world by exploring art, architecture, literature, music and all the riches of the Catholic tradition.
Join us for the next broadcast of Record Talk Radio on Wednesday, June 17 at 10:30 a.m. when our guest will be Renee McCue, a public health nurse with the Bergen County Department of Health Services.
McCue will talk about rabies and wildlife, a subject she covered in a recent presentation to the Bergen County Freeholders.
Do you have a question on this topic? If so, send your suggestions to me at email@example.com
On Thursday April 9th at 5pm est, 4pm cst and 2pm pst, we are excited to be announcing the launching of a new series on Natures Talk Show as well as a new Host. Maggie Howell will be joining the staff and hosting her own monthly/bi-monthly show, Please welcome Maggie on board. Maggie is the Executive Director of the Wolf Conservation Center in New York and is involved in many other projects.
1.Ashley S. - Ashley, an inspired seventh grader from John Jay Middle School, mobilized support for B.C.'s wolves. Ashley appealed to her school and was granted permission to make a presentation about the situation in B.C. and her concern for the misunderstood predator.
2. Ian McAllister - a co-founder of the wildlife conservation organization Pacific Wild. He is an award-winning photographer and author of The Great Bear Rainforest. His images have appeared in publications around the world. He has been honoured by the Globe & Mail as one of 133 highly accomplished Canadians, and he and his wife, Karen McAllister, were named by Time magazine one of the ""Leaders of the 21st Century"" for their efforts to protect British Columbia's endangered rainforest. He is a member of the International League of Conservation Photographers and has won several awards.
Join Danny & Andy LIVE as we broadcast from the "BatCave" at the Wildlife Conservation and Edcuation Center in Ridgefield Park, NJ. We'll be chatting with owner Joe D'Angeli and learn more about some of the deizens that dwell there. We will be bringing awareness to Joe's Campaign to help move into a larger facility and continue to educate thousands of children annually!
Listen in live as we explore the center and learn why we need great educational facilities like this to help save the future!
check out www.NJBatMan.com for more information and to contribute to the fund to help make the new and improved batcave a scuccess!
Colin Riddell and Rupert Imhoff of the Bob Irwin Wildlife & Conservation Foundation are coming at us all the way from Australia on this very special episode of HTR to talk about wildlife conservation in Australia and worldwide.
Today, as the world continues to mourn the passing of Nelson Mandela, Tonya and Ian travel full circle from their law careers to South Africa, a destination they hold close to their hearts. (Hint: they honeymooned there). World Footprints will share other sides of South Africa and will introduce an extraordinary student exchange programbetween the University of Missouri and the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town, South Africa. Then you’ll hear about Nandi, a rescue South African manta ray who Tonya got to scuba dive (one of her great passions) with at the Georgia Aquarium. You'll hear about the intregal role that the Aquarium plays in sea life conservation.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s HAPPY HOUR variety show, airing live from the Historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Adam Roberts ‘The Compassionate Conservationist’, CEO of Born Free USA, discusses dolphin rescue.
- Herbalist Cynthia Johnston of MoonMaid Botanicals discusses Herbal Health for Men
- Artist Victoria Chick discusses the historic artists who painted and photographer Yosemite.
- Writer Eva Eldridge discusses her experience at Phoenix Comicon 2015
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show. This episode airs live from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club, in Hollister, CA, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Elephant & Rhino Conservation - Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA
- Pinnacles National Park Condor Recorvery Program - Alacia Welch
- ‘Maritime’ the latest album by songwriters Dave McGraw & Mandy Fer
- California’s Sequoia Country - Dana Dierkes – Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks, Denise Alonzo – Sequoia National Forest, Aaron Collins - Kaweah Oaks Preserve, Sandy Blankenship – Exeter Chamber of Commerce.
- Go Wild in Yuma, AZ - Linda Morgan, Yuma Visitors Bureau
- Birds in Art - Artist Victoria Chick.
Plus, Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
We will be discussing the ethics of Big Game Hunting or commonly known as Trophy Hunting. In a world where animals, plants and habitats have slowly been destroyed why do some people consider this to be ethical ? How is Trophy Hunting considered a sport and not murder ? Plan on joining us and calling in for a really interesting discussion. Please consider a small donation to Wildlife Conservation Research Unit.
John (Jon) Triffo has been exploring nature and wildlife as long as can can remember, and he loves to share his discoveries in pictures and in stories.
"Vivid, exciting imagery may triumph the eye," says Jon, "but the ageless art of storytelling is forever unrivalled in spoken and written words where the power of human insight is always free."
Jon founded NatureNova more than a decade ago so he can share his outdoor experience with the entire world.
NatureNova is all about dynamic naturalism...and dynamic naturalism is all about anticipating balance.
For Wildlife Adventure, Nature Interpretation and Image Originality, be sure to visit: www.NatureNova.ca...where Dreams, Memories, Imagination and Discovery Soar!
Chris Austria works for the Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Uganda. This haven is home to 48 orphaned chimpanzees that have been rescued from the illegal wildlife trade. They live on 95 acres of forest habitat. The sanctuary was founded in 1998 by Dr. Jane Goodall and a group of founding trustees.
Originally from San Francisco, California, Chris has worked with tigers, lions, leopards, birds of prey, and a variety of animals for many years at Marine World Africa U.S.A., Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California and the San Francisco Zoo.
Chris grew up in a music family. His father was a violinist in the San Francisco Symphony for 35 years, and his mother was a flamenco guitarist. In addition to his work with animals, Chris was the director of music licensing for Independent Distribution Collective in San Francisco and managed the music licensing catalogue and placed music in TV, Film, and video games.
Chris has been a tiger analyst for the ABC TV Network and worked with the World Wildlife Fund’s Bay Area regional office in prospect research and fundraising events.
A few years ago, Chris moved to Ethiopia to work for a wildlife conservation organization, focusing on protecting the wildlife in eastern Ethiopia. He recently moved to Rwanda to work on conservation and eco-tourism projects there.
To connect with Chris Austria online, please visit his website: www.chrisaustria.com
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (65 chatters)
- Straight Black Pride Radio (17 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (8 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (8 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (6 chatters)
- GiftedAngelDel (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (6 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (5 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (4 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (4 chatters)
- The Modern Gentleman (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (3 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (3 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (3 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (2 chatters)
- United Patriots Radio (2 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (1 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Full Circle Consciousness (1 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- G220 Radio (0 chatters)