SORT BY Relevancy
How does empathy create communities? In what ways has jazz education changed over the decades? How are jazz and contemporary music similar/dissimilar? How does the Common Core impact the learning environment? On November 22, 2013, Drs Modeste & Wes reviewed smart conversations with Clarinetist Anat Cohen; Director of the New School's Jazz & Contemporary Music department, Martin Mueller; and Education Professor Yen Yen Woo. Join us today (11AM ET/8AM PT) as we revisit that eye-opening episode and "Get in on the rhythm."
Continue the conversation, join us on Twitter @GlobalJackie and @JazzDemocracy
Happy New Year! Today's show will introudce you to the hosts of Trading Fours, Dr. Jackie Modeste and Dr. Wesley Watkins IV. Whats' the Jazz & Democracy Project? What is The Global Roundhouse? Why do we do what we do? How does music, and jazz specifically, guide our work? Join us today at 4PM and "get in on the Rhythm" of a new year with Trading Fours with Drs. Modeste & Wes.
How do we create meaning from the diversity of ideas expressed on Trading Fours? What do we learn and what's it got to do with jazz?! Join us for a special Trading Fours Review Show -- Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 12NOON EDT (9AM PDT). We'll revisit our live conversations with Mark Weiner, Sharon Bridgforth, Joseph Daley, and Greg Satell. We'll also reconsider recent rebroadcasts -- Peter Smirniotopoulos, Diana Campbell and Yen Yen Woo -- as we prepare you for our May 2, 2014, show on Public Education and Job Readiness with Huffington Post writer Peter Smirniotopoulos and Education Policy researcher Natalie Pregibon.
Join us on Trading Fours and "Get in on the rhythm."
How can jazz shape our response to the "skills" gap? In what ways can jazz help workers prepare for the workplace of today and tomorrow? How do changes in the music industry reflect changes in the workplace overall? What's so special about Miles Davis' legendary second quintet and how does it matter beyond the stage? On today's Trading Fours we'll review conversations with Peter Smirniotopoulos & Natalie Pregibon, Tom Browne, Dr. Kwami Coleman, and NEA Jazz Master Jimmy Owens. Join us LIVE at 11AM Eastern (8AM Pacific) and "Get in on the rhythm."
Want to "trade fours" with us on air? Call 347-989-8321
Follow us on Twitter @GlobalJackie and @JazzDemocracy
Holistic Chef Barry Anderson joins us this coming Wednesday, July 23rd, on The Best Years in Life Radio. The topic will be permanent weight loss.
Holistic Chef Barry will talk about the importance of a healthy diet and he will describe his journey of how he went from being obese for 10 years to permanently achieving his ideall weight..
During the first half hour Tony will go over additions to our website and will talk about Building a Foundation for Better health/
During the second half hour, Luella will talk about the heartbreak of bullying and why parents and schools need to be aware and proactive in dealing with this issue.
This week we take a look at V3's Nashville card and maybe do some fight picks to kick off the show! Grady Hurley drops by to talk about his fight this weekend in his hometown of Tupelo, MS for Summit Fighting Championships. This is the first time in approximately five years an MMA promotion has brought fights to Tupelo! Brian White is on the show to discuss his fight on the same Tupelo, MS card against MMA veteran Jason Anderson. Jason makes his second trip to Mississippi in two weeks to fight for the SFC against top local competitors! I'm sure we will hear from the Usual Suspects AKA Michael Lancaster, Ben Parrish and probably a few more! Remember, Ben has a Light Heavyweight Title fight this weekend on the Tupelo card! Matt Weibel returns as co-host this week!!! Tune In, Call In, TALK!!!!!!
in Self Help
Billy Anderson is a Courage Coach who helps people get over their fears so they can figure out what they want and how to make it happen. He is a licensed Coach and a regular contributor to the Globe & Mail. Years ago he had the guts to stop doing what the world told him he should do. Instead, he figured out what he wanted to do and how he wanted to make a difference in the world. Billy lives courageously every single day. He’s jumped out of an airplane exactly 101 times. He’s traveled to over 30 countries. He’s trekked in the Himalayas and run with the bulls in Spain. He’s been a sugar-cane farmer, an Outward Bound instructor, an advertising manager and a non-profit executive. Billy’s goal with his clients is this: when they’re lying on their death-bed, they’ll be thinking “Wow, that was amazing. I even surprised myself.
In this interview we will be talking about Billy's new book, and how you can begin practicing more courage in your own life.
Billy's website: http://madeyouthink.ca
To sign up for his book: http://billyanderson.ca
For more episodes and FREE articles, visit: http://alexismeads.com/
Wes Hanson joins the show to discuss his win over Kyle Rozewski from this past weekend at Fight Nite in the Flats 10. The two fighters who competed in the "Fight of the Night" will break down their contest in a unique bit of radio history.
We'll also discuss the rest of the Fight Nite in the Flats 10 card, as well as preview this weekend's action in Ohio, New York, and more.
Sponsored by Intimidation Clothing.
What’s creole music and how is it important in jazz? How does the banjo preserve tradition and contribute to musical innovation? What’s the role of collective improvisation in jazz? On Thursday, July 31, 2014, we’ll trade fours with Don Vappie whose band, the Creole Jazz Serenaders plays classic music from the 1920s - 40s. Join us as we begin Season 2 of Trading Fours with Drs. Modeste & Wes and “get in on the rhythm.”
11AM Eastern/8AM Pacific
Join our live discussion by calling: 347-989-8321
Follow us on Twitter @GlobalJackie and @JazzDemocracy
How does the Common Core impact creativity? In what ways does empathy improve communication? How are innovations in music education impacting the profession? On Friday, November 22, 2013, Drs. Wes & Modeste will share what we learned from Professor of Education Yen Yen Woo; Clarinetist and Saxophonist Anat Cohen, and the Executive Director of Jazz & Contemporary Music at the New School, Martin Mueller. Join us on Trading Fours and "Get in on the Rhythm."
Dr. Modeste is an educator and consultant at The Global Roundhouse. “Dr. Wes” is Founder of The Jazz & Democracy Project®.
Wes Bellamy's main focus is improving the lives of those who lack resources and positive role models in their lives. Originally from Atlanta, GA Wes moved to Charlottesville, VA in September of 2009 after graduating from S.C. State University; he began his career at the National Ground Intelligence Center. Bellamy now teaches computer science and African American Studies at Albemarle High School, and is studying at Virginia State University to gain a Master’s Degree in Education Administration. On December 7, 2011, Bellamy started the Non-Profit (H.Y.P.E.) which stands for Helping Young People Evolve. H.Y.P.E. is a boxing and mentoring program currently serving 24 boys. Additionally, in September of 2012, “H.Y.P.E. Steppin” was created as a women empowerment program for young ladies. H.Y.P.E., based and predicated on discipline and accountability, has seen astonishing results. In a little over one year, the overall Grade point average of participants jumped from a 1.8 on 12/8/11 to 3.2 as of 4/14/13.
Sarad Davenport serves as the Director of the City of Promise in Charlottesville, Virginia where he and team of neighbors, officials, and partners are building a cradle-to-college-and-career pathway for young people. Most recently, Davenport worked for the Knowledge is Power Program (KIPP) in Washington, DC where he taught on team seeking to build a culture of college going in under-resourced communities. Davenport is an ordained Baptist minister and studied Practical Theology at the Samuel Dewitt Proctor School of Theology at Virginia Union University. He earned a B.S. degree in Communications and a minor in English from Old Dominion University in 2001. After graduation, Sarad delved into a career in media and educational technology.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (493 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (158 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (53 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- reactionariez (36 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (17 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (14 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (14 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (12 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (12 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (10 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- Omni Media Tribe Network (7 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (6 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- Straitway (5 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (5 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (5 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (5 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (5 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (4 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (3 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- History Guys (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (2 chatters)
- wego (1 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (1 chatters)
- Quagmire America (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- righteoushustle (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (0 chatters)