SORT BY Relevancy
It was mustache appreciation day on VSR as Craig was sporting a ridiculous mustache as he did the show. It was time once again for 80% trivia, and the callers were ready. Perhaps the questions were too easy, but three of the four callers were able to correctly get at least four of the five questions correct in the following five categories: The NFL season RIGHT NOW, Men with Mustaches, Name that Jim Carrey movie, Famous people's real names, and Name that Simpsons character. So congrats to Face Ventura, Jerry Fairish, and The Whale, and better luck next time Nalax...as he finished at 60% for the third straight edition of 80% Trivia. In addition to the trivia, Craig also announced which team he would be supporting during the 2010 MLB playoffs...as a hint, it rhymes with "The Mampa Tay Days." We also talked a bit about Dez Bryants rather exorbitant $54,896 dinner bill and the auction currently going down on eBay for Bacon Kevin Bacon. All in all, it was a rather full and fun day of fake radio. We topped things off with a recommendation of the song "The General" from the group Dispatch from their album "Bang Bang"
Hey, Remember Vertically Striped Radio? Yeah, neither does anyone else, but despite that, we're back with a new episode. Craig and Kline discuss attending the Super Bowl, The Walking Dead, and Kline's ongoing romantic relationship with Bruce Springsteen among other topics.
The Vertically Striped Academy of Arts, Sciences, and Other Neato Stuff held center stage as Episode 117 was used to unveil the winners of the 3rd annual Sockie Awards.
Craig was flying solo all show, so today's show was kind of like leftover day for the show...All the audio clips that had been sitting on the shelf for months or more were thrown into the mix to keep Craig from losing both his voice and his sanity. Included in the mix, we helped Jim from Taxi pass his drivers test, Craig apologized for a giant mis-step on the Magnificent Seven television theme songs, we played the Duck song, and we heard the official anthem of summer.
Craig also took a little time to wonder why Denver is turning into Seattle as well as reminisce about his experiences at camp and also unveiled the troubling source of the official Royal Family Kids Camp theme song. He even invited the listeners to play Words with Friends and offered a prize for the first person who can email what instrument is being played in an audio clip. (Email your answers to Radio@VerticallyStripedSocks.com)
The Vertically Striped Music Recommendation was "You Remind Me" by Steve Poltz.
The "Sockie" awards were presented on this show, plus The Ed was on hand to make his acceptance speech on behalf of "The Ed Show." We also honored the great Joe Sakic, and The Whale called in and offered his always welcome insights as Ed, the Whale and Craig broke down the Magnificent 7 reasons why the 80's are vastly overrated. The Vertically Striped Music recommendation of the week was "Evil Urges" by the band My Morning Jacket.
Dentists and basketball and Kline's love life and a life changing film called Sleepaway Camp. It was past time for a show, and we bring it to you. John Kline and Craig Dodge discuss all manner of things with a cameo from The Whale at the end. Good Times!
Craig was prepping for a big sports day in Denver, with the Broncos getting ready for the Patriots, and the Rockies getting ready to host the Phillies in the divisional baseball playoffs. To honor the Broncos wearing their Vertically Striped Socks, Craig did a Magnificent Seven list of the 7 Ugliest uniforms in the NFL. The Ed, Face Ventura and the Whale all jumped in to say hi, and they all helped with the list. Ed pretty much said I have no style, as he disagreed with me putting the Texans All-Red uniforms, the Dolphins Orange jerseys and the Seahawks Green uniforms on the list. The Vertically Striped Music Recommendation was "Notes from Elsewhere" by Peter Mulvey.
Craig gave his top 10 and bottom 6 of his NFL power rankings from VerticallyStripedSocks.com, he also had a story about Michael Jackson and butter, mercifully The Whale called in at the 40 minute mark to help Craig with the Magnificent 7 - Weird Things about Sports. Craig told a little bit about the Evil Mustang statue out at Denver International Airport while being harrassed by his drama queen daughter (he loves her, but REALLY!) because she wanted to paint. VSR signed off with the Vertically Striped Music Recommendation of the week: "Boxer" by The National.
The VSR gang was still taking in the Ed's retirement, whilst wondering exactly how one retires from doing nothing. Face, Craig and The Whale chatted up the various possibilities of the inevitable Ed return, talked a bit about a possible NHL 94 tourney, and spent far too long talking about Radio Shack. Craig then took a quick moment to defend the letter C...as you can tell, we tackle the real issues of the day on VSR.
The second half of the show was dedicated to the He-Man Movie Watcher's Club and our discussion of the movie "The Damned United". The Vertically Striped Music Recommendation was the song "Robots" by Dan Mangan.
Episode 5 of Vertically Striped Radio, Joe of the Dave Dameshek Message Boards joins us to chat up the NBA Draft. News of the weird, a homeless guy freaks me out downtown, the Rockies are on a roll, and the Broncos are not. I break it all down, plus give a twitter update. Bruce meant to call in, but lost track of time and didn't call me until 15 minutes after the show ended. I think I may need to update his status to part-time show host.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (73 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (66 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (28 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (15 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (4 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (4 chatters)
- redmaryland (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (3 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (3 chatters)
- Local Live Music (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Az 1 Promo Radio (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio2 (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (2 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (2 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (2 chatters)
- Wanda Henderson Ministries (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (2 chatters)
- SpiritAliveNetwork (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- Scott Cluthe and P I Radio (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (1 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- ATouchofReality (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Dr PrincessOdilia (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- G220 Radio (1 chatters)