SORT BY Relevancy
Are you living with toddlers and experiencing terrible twos, horrific threes and power struggles? Would you love to know how to avoid and prevent the temper tantrums?
Bonnie and Thomas Liotta interview Lucia Greisbach, a mother of three year old twins and a two year old. When we connected with Lucia, her children were all over her, interupting and crying for her attention. She equipped herself with some tools and is learning how to prevent and avoid terrible twos and horrific threes.
She shares her story of what she has learned with you so you can avoid the terrible twos, horrific threes and also teenage rebellion.
Do your toddlers, young children or teens have trouble managing their emotions?
Do your children fight with their siblings and engage in sibling rivalry?
If you answered yes to any of those questions then please join Dr Rosina McAlpine and Dr Robyn Mills as they explore the many practical tools you can use to turn tantrums and fights into a learning opportunity to teach your children many life skills like:
emotional intelligence: understanding and managing their emotions
social responsibility: being caring and sharing people
The more they learn about life in your home with you – the less you have to worry about your children when they are out in the world and don’t have you there to help them.
As always it will be a fun show with positive parenting advice, resources, tools and tips you can use in your home and share with your friends
Individuals throw tantsums to gain control in order to achieve a goal that seems out of reach. There are certain characteristics to tantrums whether thrown by children, adolescence or adults, even those in the congress of the United States. Common to most if not all tantrums are a poor sense of the consequences of the tantrum and how these consequences rarely achieve the goals sought by those behaving in such a manner. Another common element is the anger and rage that often motivates the tantrum and the poor judgment associaed with such motivations. Finally, are the dangers associated with a tantrum that goes unopposed and the failure to help those out of control gain control and learn a better way of dealing with self and others to achieve one's aims.
PARENTS vs LITTLE TERRORS!
Parents you can be generous without turning your children into entitled little brats-terrors.
By giving yourchildren everything you can, you will in most cases create a spoiled, entitled brat.
The consequences can be severe: temper tantrums, whiny complainers. Fact, spoiled children are more likely to grow into financially dependent, irresponsible adults plagued by over-spending and debt
Why do some parents want their children to have everyting for FREE. The reality, the REAL WORLD doesn't work that way.
Why do parents indulge...etc.
Talk to your children about...etc.
Set an example...etc.
Learn to say 'NO'...etc.
Going to the museum can be a great educational experience for your child, or an occasion for tantrums and junk acquisition. Join About.com experts Terri Mauro (Parenting Special Needs), Cathrine Holecko (Family Fitness), and Susan Adcox (Grandparents) as we talk about how to get some culture without going crazy.
Join us for 2 hours at 10 PM Eastern. (Second hour is open mic)
Tonight for the first hour we will be joined by Parenting Expert, Marriage/Family Therapist and the Author of "Let's Color Your Feelings", Terry Basile.
Terry Basile has been a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist for over 25 years. She has also been a mental health program administrator for such programs as Head Start, First Five and Parent Education Network. Working with troubled teens and their parents she became aware that patterns of miscommunication often started as young children. She created the book Let’s Color Your Feelings ! to encourage a language between children 3-8 and adults of color and positive behaviors. Terry believes that an educated heart is the best parenting tool. She also writes a question and answer column in parenting magazine, Growing Up Chico which is also available online. She is currently writing a chapter book for pre-teens who face the challenge of being different.
Terry will offer strategies for healthy communication between adults and young children. Just as important as the food they choose to nurture their bodies, is the emotional food we give them to express their feelings. It is vital to a child’s emotional growth that adult caretakers teach how to share feelings in a healthy way and respond appropriately. Tantrums are not pretty on a young child but are disastrous on a teen. Listen in to learn how to use the strategies of her book Let’s Color Your Feelings! to engage children early and create a safe language of feelings in their family!
Pick up your copy of Let's Color Your Feelings at Amazon, and check out Let’s Color Your Feelings on Facebook at:
The Total Tutor and Maggie Stevens from The Parent Fix will answer questions from parents. Topics to be discussed:
Cheating in School
Dinning out with Three Children
Sharing Too Much Info with your Kids
Join Garrett LIVE Monday - Friday 10pE/7pW for a fun hour of Talk Radio, Music, Headlines, Gossip and Interviews with the most interesting people on the planet!
Want to make your voice heard? Call 323 657-1493 to tell your best/worst joke, add to the conversation, make a song request or ask guests a question.
FOLLOW Rated G Radio, tell your friends & family about the show. You'll be able to select a REMINDER note to you for each show via e-mail or text and always be connected LIVE when it's showtime!
PODCAST: YES! Click the Podcast button on the bottom right of the show and you can easily get Rated G Radio ON DEMAN! Listen whenever you want!
In this episode, Carole and Jane discuss the gift of children. Our children are our most authentic responders to the world around us. If the situation does not make sense to their hearts they might act out through tantrums or by shutting down. We may see this as an inarticulate expression of the essence of the child's true perception. We begin to welcome this behavior as a prelude to understanding deeper insights. What does our essential self want to bring to light in any given moment? This is an inquiry that can bring new understandings to all of us.
Root Cause Radio gladly welcomes back therapeutic scientist, professor, author, and the founder of Symptometry - Dr. Maxwell Nartey.
Dr. Nartey is a licensed symptometrist, the author of over 22 books, and - through Symptometry - has cured countless chronic and exotic health issues.
Tonight's expert health panel will also feature Elizabeth Wanek, MD, LSym and Dr. Charlie Abbott, OMD, LAc, LSym & Director of Administration at the AMERICAN SCHOOL OF SYMTPOMETRY - first training institution producing therapeutic scientists in root cause therapeuticsTM.
Root Cause Radio - Sharing the Secrets of Optimal Health
For exclusive podcasts & special promotions subscribe at www.RootCauseRadio.com today.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (255 chatters)
- Straitway (25 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (24 chatters)
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (17 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (14 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (14 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (11 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (8 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (7 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (7 chatters)
- Living Astrology (6 chatters)
- Conservative Report (6 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (5 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (5 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (4 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- RevBarbara (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (2 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (2 chatters)
- HannaproDiscus (2 chatters)
- Rifleman (2 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- The Wheat Report (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- Yuen Method Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Exposed Radio (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Big Dogs Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- Lets Talk Home Staging with Mannie (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- LyricalForte (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)