SORT BY Relevancy
Big Wave Surfing - Water Safety
The Best Practices Or Not?
The words fit easily enough, but do they work?
What is big wave water safety?
It's broiled in the concepts from the EMS responder mindset, the atheltes involved, the sponsors who support equipment or fuding for expeditions, the silent families left behind and the water rescue specialist.
Whom is considered a subject matter expert for all of these applications? Self appointed or real world tried and tested, their worlds often clash in a conflict of experience, attitude and capability.
Ask me how I know?
I've been a vocale witness of this silent creep of safety chatter since 1993 when the Strapped Crew first began the catalyst we see today adopted by everyone interested in all those years of plying; safety still has not been taken seriously.
What is involved?
2. Swell/Wave Energy (weather considerations, tidal/wind/power)
3. Athlete mindset, capability (time in water and experience level, physical fitness)
4. Type of boards (tow boards/towlines/surfboards/rescue boards)
5. Preparation (training, safety gear, rest/hydration)
6. Type of Rescue Water Craft (RWC)
7. RWC training techniques and practices (credentials and accredetion)
8. EMS response, equipment, timelines, transport (land, air, water)
9. Fame or Blame - Media pressure, sponsorship expectation by athlete, athlete claim to fame, explotation of surf sites
10. The Hate Factor of Modern Surfing (everybody hates somebody-negative aspects of the sport prevent or block the ability for unity and community to further create associate bodies with lack of effective leadership values, its a 'solo' sport)
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (15 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- PatriotVPN (14 chatters)
- p0rnopuppy (13 chatters)
- Paranormal Talk 101 (11 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- AIM Central Texas (4 chatters)
- Lost Arts Radio (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)