SORT BY Relevancy
(S5) Street Player Presents...
Grammy/Platinum Award Winner Gerald Alston Lead Singer of "The Manhattans" joins GD on A Touch of Grace @ 1:30PM, Thursday, 6/12/2014. To listen to the show click the link,or: ON DAY OF SHOW ONLY: Call in to speak with the host 347-215-7169.
THE MANHATTANS featuring Gerald Alston & Blue Lovett, along with Troy May & David Tyson bring stellar legacy to the stage. With all time hits such as "Kiss and Say Goodbye" and "Shining Star" along with numerous other hits, there is no doubt that THE MANHATTANS are here to stay!
About Gerald Alston:
As any R&B enthusiast will attest, the name Gerald Alston has always been synonymous with soul, elegance and sophistication. Born and raised in Henderson, North Carolina where both his mother and father sang
gospel music, Gerald was raised on the gospel music he heard in church and at home (his uncle, Johnny Fields is one of the Five Blind Boys of Alabama). Enroute to a college degree as a pre-med student with a music minor, the fates
intervened and Gerald left college to join The Manhattans as lead singer.
After sixteen years, Gerald left to pursue a solo career. His 1987debut album with Motown Records was entitled "Gerald Alston" followed by "Open Invitation" in 1990. His third album in 1992 "Always In The Mood" was a blend of classic R&B songs with 90's music and nuances. In 1993, Gerald signed with Scottie Brothers/Street Life Records and recorded
his debut album entitled "1st Class Only" which he believes is one of the best albums he recorded.
THE Manhattans are an American popular R&B vocal group with a string of hits spanning four decades their best known million-selling song being " KISS AND SAY GOODBYE" and "SHINNING STAR" in the 1980
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (36 chatters)
- Jay King Network (12 chatters)
- The Patch and Switch Show (12 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (10 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (8 chatters)
- Heavenly World Network (5 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (4 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (3 chatters)
- churchfolk (3 chatters)
- Warriors Rising (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- The Networking Diva Hour (2 chatters)
- PA Independent Living (2 chatters)
- The Boochcast (1 chatters)
- Denise Griffitts (1 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (1 chatters)