SORT BY Relevancy
Lori La Bey of Alzheimer’s Speaks and Senior Lifestyle Trends is a driver of Change. She helps families, communities, organizations, and businesses maneuver the turmoil of aging and illness. She has dedicated her life to working with people in transition. Lori has done this by guiding businesses and organizations on how to improve service delivery to enhance relationships with senior consumers and their families. Lori’s mission is to shift society’s negative perception of aging and illness, by getting individuals and businesses to appreciate and embrace the gifts wrapped in every stage of life. She believes by removing the fear, the embarrassment, and the judgment that cripples our relationships; we can enhance our connections with the people we love and care for.
Lori understands Caregiving from the inside out. She lost her Father to brain cancer after a 4 ½ year battle. Her Mother has struggled with Alzheimer’s for 30 years and is now in her end stages of the disease. Today she shares tips and techniques she learned as a Caregiver. Her goal is to help people embrace the person who once was, engage the person before them, and let go; allowing love to flow forward; as the ill and aging surrender to the shell of a body that in prisons them.
Lori owns Alzheimer’s Speaks and Seniors Lifestyle Trends. She was recently featured on FOX News for her cutting edge work with Alzheimer’s disease. Lori is a Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, Spokes Person, Author, and now a self proclaimed Advocate on Steroids for Alzheimer’s disease.
Resource Website http://www.AlzheimersSpeaks.com
Business Website Http://www.SeniorLifestyleTrends.com
Phone 651-748-4714 or 800-708-8661
It is my pleasure to interview Dale as she discusses her new book, Transitioning Your Aging Parents - A 5 Step Guide Through Crisis and Change." It was written to help adult children and families navigate the many changes their aging parents will face. Dale Carter has developed a new framework, ADAPT, from her personal experience, her background as an educator and project manager, and a sincere desire to help families and their aging parents. Readers will learn how to use the framework, apply specific strategies, and seek out appropriate resources that are right for their situation. Personal stories are woven throughout to illustrate the concepts.
–Discover how to approach any change or crisis in your parent’s life with clarity and confidence.
–Discover how this new framework will guide you in making the right decisions for your parent while balancing your own personal needs and family responsibilities.
“It’s almost as though you took all my years of training and managed to put order to it. The ADAPT method of caregiving will decrease stress and give great comfort to families in the eldercare world. My fear is that we can’t get it out to people fast enough.”
~ P.K. Beville, M.S., Founder, Second Wind Dreams & Geriatric Specialists
To buy: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/transitioning-your-aging-parent-a-5-step-guide-through-crisis/10909385
Dale’s website - http://www.transitionagingparents.com/
Have a kind and respectful day.
Viki with Stefanie Elkins from Circle of Care Leeza's Place - Serving Caregivers of Memory Disorders
Developed in response to the challenges Leeza and her family encountered while seeking specific and needed support, Leeza's Place is a potent source of information, strength and purpose. Nestled within your own community, Leeza's Place is a multifaceted reprieve, for both caregivers and the recently diagnosed, that integrates educational programs, connective social activities, emotional support, and intergenerational programming designed to help you navigate through your community's continuum of care. Leeza's Place was designed to ensure that others experiencing what the Gibbons family encountered would have access to new, supportive settings created for the purpose of educating, empowering and energizing.
What you can expect: The cornerstone of each Leeza's Place is a specially trained "Leeza Care Advocate" whose primary responsibility is to guide caregivers and their loved ones through the emotionally charged maze of memory disorders: educationally, supportively, and confidently. There is nothing ordinary about Leeza's Place – everything done here is designed to induce a more positive outcome for those whose lives have been turned upside down. Each Leeza's Place has been carefully crafted to empower both the caregiver and the recently diagnosed by offering services that create self esteem, relieve symptoms, impart knowledge, reduce stress, promote inclusion, and ultimately improve the quality of life while helping you to acquire advocacy, coping and care-related skills.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (29 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (13 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (12 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (8 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (7 chatters)
- Aquaman (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- The War Room (4 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (3 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (3 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (3 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (2 chatters)
- TPPCTV (2 chatters)
- Trek Talking (2 chatters)
- The Organic View (2 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- MRTALK (2 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (2 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (1 chatters)
- The Final Say (1 chatters)
- pinkheelsthesoul (1 chatters)
- Sacred Independent Life Coach (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- Out and About Town (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- Lets Talk Home Staging with Mannie (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Foster Brothers On Point (1 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- COS Radio (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (1 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (1 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Patriot Nation (0 chatters)