SORT BY Relevancy
Listen to The African History Network Show Thursday, Aug. 21st, 8:30pm-11:00pm EST with host Michael Imhotep. 1) In our Power of Media Segment we’ll deal with “Dispelling Negative Images of African Americans in The Media” 2) Many people don’t know about the African Intellectual Edward Wilmot Blyden. He was known as the Father of Pan-Africanism. We’ll deal with some history regarding this great man. 3) Update on the Michael Brown Murder case and a new “anonymous” witness that has surfaced. Call in with your questions at (914) 338-1375.
Sign up for The African History Network email newsletter by texting the word "Kemet" to 22828.
#TheAHNShow Twitter: FB: IG: Michael Imhotep
If you want to learn more about African History and African-American History to counteract the negative images we see of ourselves on the TEL-LIE-VISION (TV), please visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. We have information to Educate, Empower and Inspire people of African Descent throughout the Diaspora and around the world. We have a wide selection of African History and African American History DVD Lectures including "HIDDEN COLORS 1-3" and lectures from Michael Imhotep host of The African History Network Show.
Alex Lubin will discuss his book, Geographies of Liberation: The Making of the Afro-Arab Political Imaginary. Lubin will talk about the history of African Americans and Middle Eastern issues, primarily Palestine, since the late 19th century to today. The opinions of Martin Luther King Jr, Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Huey Newton, and others concerning Palestine will be addressed.
Listen to this special edition of the Pan-African Journal hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-Afriican News Wire, broadcasting live from the 'Detroit Marxism Conference: The Science Behind the Struggle.'
The Ebola outbreak, which began 9 months ago, has killed nearly 1300 lives in 4 African countries, affected up to 2000 people, shut down borders, and is becoming a threat to local if not national economies. Though ‘The Economists’ reports patchy precautions following Presidency declared state of emergency in these countries, personal testimonies are disclosing their satisfaction at their government’s serious efforts in protecting their citizens.
Special Guest From Liberia Madam Miatta Fahnbulleh
Combining a passion for performance with an acute social consciousness, Miatta Fahnbulleh is helping Liberia’s next generation move out of the shadow of war.
Special Guest From Nigeria
Dr. Katch Ononuju is man of many interests. He is the Managing Director/ Chief Economist at iordinance, which is into economic consultancy, large scale military hardware supply and security consultancy. He is also a Public Affairs Analyst with a doctorate degree from the prestigious London School of Economics and Political Science. Interestingly, he is also a politician and chieftain of the ruling PDP.
See detail here: http://bit.ly/AV-WEN-Ebola
Join us on Sunday August 24, 2014 at 1:00-3:00 p.m. (EST) for another enjoyable episode of WORDS MAKE PEOPLE with your host Michael "Mikal" Saahir along with Co-Host Sisters Sabrina Kaba and Tysha Ahmad and Brother Mustafaa Abdullah.
WORDS MAKE PEOPLE addresses current events from an Islamic perspective.
Our two main topics on August 3rd will be:
1. Discuss Imam Saahir's Jumah topic: Maintaining the masjid inside of you.
2. The Roots of Criminal Justice Problems for African-Americans: With Judge David Shaheed.
3. Review Imam Saahir's column in The Indianapolis Recorder, (America's 4th oldest African American newspaper) column titled: "Culture of Living" Needed to Stop the Violence.
Additionally we'll review the situation in Gaza and the killing of African American males while in police custody.
Should African Americans be involved in the Palestinian issue? The answer is yes, according to writer Kristian Davis Bailey. He is the author of an Ebony magazine article on the need for African Americans to become involved in the Palestine issue.Is Israel practicing apartheid? Join the conversation with Bailey on The Root and Roots Show.
The name Black Wallstreet conjures up images of an economicaly thriving African American community attacked and burned to the ground by jealous whites. Today's efforts to resurrect an economically thriving African American community in the wake of the recent riots in Missouri prompt the question "How Ca Econoic Empowerment of African Americans End Racial Injustice?" The disrespect of African Americans has been at the root of American politics, economics and culture, the result of the wounds of slavery that remain unhealed. Can financial affluence alone reverse attitudes of disrespect for black life? Are neighborhoods more likely to get respect from law enforcement officers if the residents are also the business owners in the community? How can a stronger economy in formerly economically depressed communities result in more tangible political gaines? What collective action will it take to circulate money into areas that are currently suffering the consequences of longtime neglect. Chicago activist Mark Allen discusses the plans for Black Wallstreet and how economic development can diffuse racial tensions end the gang violence that is often used as an excuse for excessive police force against African American youth.
Listen to this special broadcast hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire. This program will feature reports on the ongoing rebellion in Ferguson, MO in response to the police killing of Michael Brown. In addition there will be a tribute to Marcus Garvey and a continuation of the recognition of Black August.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (28 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (19 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (8 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (6 chatters)
- BeverlyD (6 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (2 chatters)
- The Sanctuary (2 chatters)
- The Christian View (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (2 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (2 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- imamalfred (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (0 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (0 chatters)