SORT BY Relevancy
As the country reels from the outcome of the Jordan Davis case and national conversations abound on the need to repeal Stand Your Ground laws, the Florida Legislature is steadily working to expand the law. We are left stunned and bewildered as we see ill-conceived bills on the threatened use of force hurtle towards passage with bipartisan support. Over the past two weeks, both houses of the Legislature have voted overwhelmingly to expand Stand Your Ground by approving CS/CS/HB 89 and SB 448, the so-called “Warning Shot Bills.” http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/article/20140312/OPINION05/303120003/My-View-Don-t-make-bad-Stand-Your-Ground-law-worsehttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/criminal-justice/is-there-racial-bias-in-stand-your-ground-laws/ The talk where facts matters
The Interpreters team will look at recent happenings with Florida's stand your ground laws. Within this report the team will provide the basic knowledge about the law. During the blog talk report political pundits will be tuning in to weigh in on the discussion.
In today’s show, Arthur will inspire you with ways to stand your ground when "you know who" is attacking you and putting you down. He will empower you with strategies to use when you say things like "he's mean to me" or "he treats me like a door mat". Arthur's insights will help you to think differently and create a response that will make you feel more self-confident and successful.
in Self Help
When you marry, you inherit your spouse family. This includes all the dynamics that comes along with inlaws. Some inlaws are hands off but then there are some inlaws that fully involved in their child marriage. How do you handle meddling inlaws, friends, and extended family?
Where/how do you draw the line between being committed to the "team" (your marriage) and being considerate of others involved? Or once you get married is how THEY feel irrelevant?
Join hosts John Allegro and Emily Convers for "Stand Up Hudson Valley" episode 13. Things are heating up in the region: the Environmental Scoping Session for the "KJ 507" annexation will be held on March 3rd. The KJPE launched a PR propaganda campaign. And of course, we have more Harley Doles nonsense.
"Stand Up Hudson Valley" is a live call-in podcast. Not only is public comment welcome, it's encouraged. Even if it's NOT on the agenda.
Join hosts John Allegro and Emily Convers for "Stand Up Hudson Valley" on Feb 19 at 730 pm. In this podcast, your hosts will discuss the lawsuit filed by the KJPE against petitioners and municipalities involved in the Monroe/Blooming Grove annexation. Also on the agenda; Town of Monroe filing for lead agency in the Blooming Grove action, more bad government by Harley Doles, Dan Burke, and Gerard McQuade, and the ever-growing theater mess.
Stand Up Hudson Valley is a live call-in podcast. We accept public comment, even if it's not on the agenda!
In Florida alone, 26 children and teens have been killed in Stand Your Ground cases. Most notably, the cases of Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis have caused an uproar across the nation, with their killers using the Stand Your Ground law successfully in defeating murder convictions. While Marissa Alexander, a victim of domestic violence, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a warning shot. Marissa is now facing 60 years in prison after her appeal was granted and she was offered a retrial. Is the Stand Your Ground law racially bias? Does it give people a license to kill? Could your son be next? Let's discuss...
Join hosts John Allegro and Emily Convers for episode 11 of Stand Up Hudson Valley. This week, well talk about; the recent United Monroe informational meeting, the "Curious Case of 1-1-39", and a few other important local issues. And of course, we'll have another installment of "Peter Martin"math.
Stand Up Hudson Valley is a live, call-in podcast. We welcome all calls, even if they ARE NOT on the agenda!
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (35 chatters)
- Ms Blue (33 chatters)
- Thirdphaseofmoon UFO Sightings (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (19 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (15 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (14 chatters)
- ShadySykes (11 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (8 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (8 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (7 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (6 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (5 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (5 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (3 chatters)
- K michelle and Kylie Jenner Show0 (3 chatters)
- Fast Life On the Move (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz0 (2 chatters)
- The Keno Trice Show (2 chatters)
- The Merlot Show (1 chatters)
- This Is The Full Fledge Show (1 chatters)
- Transition Radio (1 chatters)
- Sportsology (1 chatters)
- MHH NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Path Of Life (1 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (1 chatters)