SORT BY Relevancy
This week please join Frankie Picasso on The Good Radio Network this Thursday, January 22 at 1:00 pm est.when her guest is Mauricio Laniado, Founder of Juntos Shoes, a social fashion company whose motto is Look Good, Do Good!
Mauricio is a young social entrepreneur who has reached back to his heritage and taken the lowly El Zapato de Lona, the Ecuadorian street shoe , worn by the working class in cities like Guayaquil, Ecuador ( where he was born) and turned it into a fashion statement for all. This shoe is an iconic part of the Ecuadoran landscape - part functional necessity, part social signifier.
Juntos embraces this heritage and brings it to you, refining and repurposing the design while preserving everything that makes the shoe, the shoe.
That’s why there is a map of Ecuador on the inside of every pair, so one never forgets where they came from.
It’s also why for every pair sold, Juntos donates an education pack filled with crucial school supplies to a local child in Ecuador –as a small way of giving back to the places wherehe found inspiration. So far 1000 packs have been given out to students. The bright yellow bag with the Juntos logo is also funtional as well as beautiful.
I don't think we have anything to worry about if our future includes young Entrepreneuers like Mauricio Lanidades.
For Mauricio and his company..that is what they call- a real ethical footprint.
Global Peeks sits down with Bruce Dixon, Managing Editor of Black Agenda Report about the professional art of the sell out & influence peddling by Black political staffers turned lobbyists who sell themselves to the wicked bloodsuckers of the poor.
Ever wondered what the staffers of Congressional Black Caucus members do after their stints on Capitol Hill?
When black politics emanated from the streets, not the suites, it was a force against imperial war, for full employment, better housing and public education. But now, black politics is a hollowed out brand, an empty signifier deployed by black lobbyists and congress creatures to cover whatever their corporate donors want, while the black political class ceaselessly celebrates the civil rights era to renew its own legitimacy.
Tweet live during the show @ hashtag #Globalpeeks
Reference Article By Bruce Dixon on the subject
From 7 to 8 pm Pacific Time on March 19, join historian Michael Hoffman as he discusses "The Black Pope," the Jesuit now known to the world as the new leader of Catholicism, Pope Francis.
In the past the head of the Jesuit order has been referred to by friend and foe alike as "The Black Pope," as a signifier that the top Jesuit in the world had powers of command rivaling those of the pontiff himself. Now the Church is headed by a prelate who is both a Jesuit and the pope -- a historic first. What does this portend for Christianity and the world?Are the legends about sinister Jesuit control true, or are they libels against an order that has often aligned itself with the poor and oppressed? How does all this relate to the alleged "Malachi prophecy" which supposedly predicts that the new pope is "Peter Romanus," the last pope of all time?Tune into "On the Contrary" as we explore these fascinating issues.
. . . continuing from the middle of page 52 of 108 of the sub-section titled: Synopsis, Part I of II, from Zee Charnoe's 1986 thesis titled Language, Literacy and Intelligence: Made For Each Other ! ? . . .
"Calling Occupants of Interplanetary, Most Extraordinary Craft . . . ", thanks to The Carpenters and associates for such a song during such an era. Each one of these radio sessions is a calling for greater presence, greater connection with all life.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (63 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (50 chatters)
- Common Sense Nation (34 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (29 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (15 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (14 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (13 chatters)
- Prosperity Wrestling Radio (8 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (8 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (7 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Hahn America (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (6 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (5 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Misty Garcia (4 chatters)
- Donna Schmid (4 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (3 chatters)
- TimBinnall (3 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (3 chatters)
- Talk To Me w-Baruti Muenda Meriamen (3 chatters)
- nckabbalah (3 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- Angelspeakers (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- Ms Incredible (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- THE HITZ TEAM (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Prosperous Peacock Productions (1 chatters)
- Steak Cookoff Association (1 chatters)
- Sophisticated Savage (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Social Change Action Network (0 chatters)