SORT BY Relevancy
Please join us and listen in for this show with pre-recorded interviews so we can talk about healthy communities, healthy Native communities without sexual violence. Both our guests are annonymous and their names are not real, for their protection. Sexual assault and violence is a serious problem and We Will Be Speaking Out.
We know the statistics, the statistics that are a shallow estimate due to underreporting in an era of silence:
Whisper n Thunder exists to empower through the expression of uncensored truth, to tell our story. Open and honest discourse will bring transformation; transformation will bring change. Change for a tomorrow where sexual assault, suicide, substance abuse, depression and isolation are no longer a part of the conversation.
Empowering Native Americans through Education, Awareness & Opportunity is what Whisper n Thunder is about
We ask you to become a part of the Whisper n Thunder movement, through your readership, your financial support, and your actions.
Main site: http://www.whispernthunder.org
As a victim/survivor of sexual assault, you may have some of the following feelings...
Anger, Fear, Guilt, Loss of control, Powerlessness, Embarrassment, Depression, Isolation, Denial, Shame, Disbelief, Self-blame, Emotional shock
You may experience some or all of the above feelings. This is natural and every victim/survivor of sexual assault responds differently. (http://www.connsacs.org/seeksupport/assaulted.htm)
Remember, you are not alone and you are not to blame for what happened.
"Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you - all of the expectations, all of the beliefs - and becoming who you are." - Rachel Naomi Remen
Laura Cordes is the executive director of the Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services (CONNSACS), the coalition of the the state's nine community based sexual assault crisis services programs and Connecticut's leading voice to end sexual violence. An advocate and organizer for over twenty years, Laura has worked on numerous women’s health public policy initiatives including a two year effort to ensure access to emergency contraception for rape victims in all of Connecticut's hospitals and the development of a coalition that led to the creation of the state's Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Program. She is a statutory member of the State of Connecticut's Criminal Justice Policy Advisory Commission, the Commission on the Standardization of the Collection of Evidence in Sexual Assault Investigations and the newly created Governor's Victim’s Rights Enforcement Advisory Commission.
Sexual violence encompasses a variety of criminal acts, ranging from sexual threats to unwanted contact to rape. These crimes are extremely underreported because of the stigma associated with sexual assault—and are therefore difficult to count in official statistics. Forcible rapes known to law enforcement have declined sharply since 1979, when they were at an all-time high. Sexual assault can happen to anyone of any age, gender, race, and socioeconomic background. It can happen at any time or place. Assailants may be strangers, acquaintances, friends, or family members. Perpetrators may use violence, threats, coercion, manipulation, or other forms of pressure or deception to commit sexual assault.
Join us as we use this platform to educate and bring awareness to you about sexual violence.
Sexual Assault and Rape is a serious problem that has affected many women, and even some men, since the dawn of time! Lives are deeply changed forever when this dispicable act occurs. April is National Sexual Assault Awareness Month so we feel it's the perfect time to raise awareness on our show!
Join the girls this Tuesday (April 8th, 2014) at 11:00am EST, usa, as they discuss this topic and reveal that Melissa has had her own experience with this. This will be a very heart touching show that will raise awareness and help put an end to Sexual Assault and Rape!
In general, many people find the topic of sexual assault extremely uncomfortable to discuss, but it’s imperative that we have the conversation. Given that we don’t shy away from difficult topics on The Strong Stance, we are going to tackle this issue head on. Join us as we speak to Nicole Armstead and Christa Heilman from the Network for Victim Recovery of D.C. about the resources for survivors of sexual assault and the unique experiences of those that are trans* and gender non-conforming.
?HIGHER ED WITH NASPA: STUDENT AFFAIRS PROFESSIONALS
NASPA President Keith Kruger on
SEXUAL VIOLENCE AND ASSAULT ON CAMPUS
Umi Hankins will facilitate a dialogue with guest presenters Kalimah Johnson and Lauren Collins as they explore some of the historical and current challenges of sexual assault in the Detroit, Michigan African American community. Additionally, they will discuss current alternative culturally specific sexual assault prevention and intervention strategies that are being implemented locally and that assist with healing from emotional and physical trauma.
Today on The LanceScurv Show we had the pleasure of speaking with a very passionate Janice and her organization with a vision of helping victims of sexual assault and rape found at Edipus.org, a group of upright citizens who are fed up with society and its feeding of rape culture.
Connect With LanceScurv:
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/113734327170938591138/about
iTunes Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/zw/podcast/lance-scurv-blog-talk-radio/id642252263
The LanceScurv Hotline: Leave an uncensored voicemail message of your opinion to be played on the upcoming shows!
Call anytime around the clock @ 407.731.2945
Get to know the story beyond author Kenni York's role as "The Activist" within the Literary Ladies of the ATL family. During this segment LLOTA will educate listeners about the growing epidemic of sexual abuse by answering questions, interviewing professionals, and hearing individual testimonies. Take a seat and get prepared to be faced with harsh realities as the ladies expose this tramatic, national issue.
Dr. Brewer discusses military sexual assault with Terri Spahr Nelson, a psychotherapist, consultant, educator, and author with more than 30 years of experience working in mental health and behavioral sciences and specializing in victims of violence and trauma. She is a military veteran, twice awarded the Army Commendation Medal. She also is a national consultant and trainer on sexual trauma, military sexual trauma, and vicarious trauma. ... She is the author of several publications, including a book titled "For Love of Country: Confronting Rape and Sexual Harassment in the U.S. Military" and the nationally-distributed booklets "Coping With Sexual Assault: A Guide to Resolution, Healing and Recovery," printed in English, Spanish, Braille, and large print, with versions for college students, military victims, veterans, teens, and professionals. Her recent publications include a booklet for crime victims, "Coping After a Violent Crime," and another booklet, "Coping With Vicarious Trauma for Professionals and Volunteers Working With Crime Victims."
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (75 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (30 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (23 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (20 chatters)
- The Portal (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (17 chatters)
- in5d (15 chatters)
- Body of Christ (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (9 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (8 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (6 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (5 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- Conservative Report (4 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- eDraft Sports Radio (3 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (3 chatters)
- Move to Amend (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- RadicalFaithMin (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- angel coaches (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- EFT Radio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Middle Men (1 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (1 chatters)
- URBAN CONTROVERSY RADIO SHOW (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (0 chatters)