SORT BY Relevancy
In February 2013, NCEBC launched NCEBCTalkRadio with a weekly radio show as a resource for urban educators, parents, and members of the "Community Faculty". The worldly insights of Host, Dr. Eric Cooper meshed with the culturally-astute and melodious tone of co-host, Dr. Nicole McZeal Waters in what became somewhat of an instant hit! Early shows welcomed the likes of Dr. Linda Darling-Hammond (Stanford University), Dr. Yvette Jackson (National Urban Alliance), Dr. Raymond Winbush (Morgan State University), and a 6 weeks series with experts from the Annenberg Institute. Today NCEBCTalkRadio offers two regular radio programs and is considered a primary component of the NCEBC "tool-kit" geared toward urban educators.
On Monday, May 11, 2015, we return to the airwaves with a conversation on "Derailing the School to Prison Pipeline (STPP) for Black Males" providing effective interventions that address both academics and behavior issues. The Equity Project in Indiana represented by Director, Dr. Russell Skiba, Dr. Gwen Kelley and Ms. Chrystal Gray will join our hosts along with Principal and Author, Mr. Roy Dobbs to engage listeners in an open dialogue on myths and facts on how and why black boys end up in School-to-Prison-Pipeline.They will share characteristics of effective black male programs while welcoming callers with questions and comments.
NCEBC will host this conversation with an "Open Mic" approach. We want to hear the voices of our emerging new leadership.....Voices of The Next Millennium. Education, Social Justice, Mass Incarcerations, Health Care, Voting Rights and Labor are topics to be explored. We invite our entire listening audience to participate in the conversation on Twitter, Facebook, text, phone call and email.
It is unconscionable but true the arrest rate in America has gone down but the prison incarceration rate has exponentially gone up! The inner city needless to say has the greatest percentages and people of color are disproportionately affected. Public awareness is necessary for us to make the changes and the will to put forth the effort will require love and courage. The data is undeniable the question is do we have the will to address it.
Hr1 Lawsuit says too many crosses Catholic University for Muslims to exercise free religion! Really!
John LeBoutillier talks about Obama, Putin, Kerry, Iran talks, and... Hillary Clinton, can anyone beat her in 2016?
Robert Woodson, founder and president of the Center for Neighborhood Enterprise asks, if all whites tomorrow were to move to Canada & Europe... how it would affect the black on black crime rate & poverty? It doesn't pay to eradicate poverty. There are businesses built around poverty. They need the poor for profit.
Hr2 Professor says, if you're a white male, you don't deserve to live. Do you think he deserves to keep his job shaping the young minds of the next generation? There is a cost to free speech.
Prison perks... healthcare and now, free college. Maybe we should take care of our veterans first!
Michelle Obama, take note: Denzel Washington delivers commencement speech saying #1 priority is to "Put God first!" and “Don’t just aspire to make a living, aspire to make a difference.” Now THAT's an inspirational commencement speech. KUDOS, Denzel!
Chief Executives magazine's annual rankings of the Best States for Business was dominated by states with Republican governors...again.
Hr3 Christian slaughterhouses in Muslim dominated countries.
Husband had to call 911 after botched abortion because clinic workers didn't do it. Can you imagine if he hadn't been there? What if that had been your teenage daughter?
Student failed for refusing to conform to professor's anti-Christian bias.
Gay alliance bashes State University of New York-Stony Brook for hosting debate with conservative Christian author. Aren't schools of higher learning supposed to welcome open discourse and debate on ALL sides of an issue? Not so much anymore.
Elementary Genocide: “From Primary to Penitentiary” exposes the socially engineered mechanism created by our government and utilizing the public school system to label elementary aged African American males as work for hire targets within the US penal system. Many refuse to believe there is a corporate attack on the minds and productivity of Black youth through intercepting their educational, economical and social development, and resulting in statistically funneling them through the revolving doors of the criminal justice system. Elementary Genocide confirms this theory and seeks to educate parents, teachers and families, so that we can reclaim our young men and ensure the future of our community.
Elementary Genocide DVD
TRAILER: Elementary Genocide 2: The Board of Education vs The Board of Incarceration
We will be interviewing the creator of the powerful and controversial documentary entitled, "Elementary Genocide: The School to Prison Pipeline" Rahiem Shabazz. This Brother is creating powerful productions to help engineer our people away from genocide's doorstep. One of our first steps on the road to freedom and independence is to save our children from the clutches of the school-to-prison pipeline
Book a screening for your Non-Profit, College or University
If your interest in organizing a screening of ELEMENTARY GENOCIDE, there are several options for organizing a private screening of our film; you can bring it to a movie theater near you, to your local school or university, or to any other private venue of your choosing.
At this time, we are accepting screening requests, however certain restrictions apply. Please inbox Rahiem.Shabazz@Gmail.com for pricing and availability if you would like Mr. Shabazz to come out to speak.
There has been a lot of talk over the years about the school to prison pipeline and how students as young as third grade are not only written off but prepared for juvenile centers and prison.
We will touch on the school to prison pipeline that sociologists, psychologists and others have been speaking about for so many years, and how it is affecting today's students, particularly children with autism and other disabilities in our schools.
Do you have (or know of someone who has) a child with a disability who has been threatened with arrest or abused at school?
In this episode we will evaluate the School to Prison Pipeline and its impact on the home, school, community and church. A solution oriented discussion will provide listeners with opportunities to develop a diversity perspective and create a plan of action to implement culturally responsive teaching. In order to dismantle the School to Prison Pipeline it is imperative that all stack holders engage in culturally responsive practices.
Mike Kabia stops by the studio for Part II of his interview. He speaks to us about his story of his life and being sentenced to prison at the age of 19. There is an alarming rate of our young men going to prison. We have to speak into them before the system does. The enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy and he comes for the men first, because they are the head. Men we need you to step up and be what God has purposed you to be.
Mr. Kabia is a minister, mentor and inspirational speaker.
Title: From Prison to The Pulpit (Part II)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (69 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (35 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (26 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (24 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (21 chatters)
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (8 chatters)
- AlyBlue Media (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Revised Reality Radio (5 chatters)
- Ron March Show (5 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (4 chatters)
- RLS Network (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (3 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- DHead Radio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- NCI Radio (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (3 chatters)
- in5d (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (3 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- Triple Dark (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (2 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (2 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (2 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- Teas with Rie (2 chatters)
- RoxieZw (2 chatters)
- SHRAonair (2 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Seth Everett (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Taylor Kennedie Media (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- Brower Report (1 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Lez Elegance Radio (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (0 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (0 chatters)