SORT BY Relevancy
Jeana Brown from Brunswick Georgia meets up in the kitchen with callers! First topic for mixing is Politcs, added with a dash of activism, storytelling, and a godly measure of common sense. What are we gonna get? A real Holiday Treat!
Join us at www.teamrural.com where you will be a member of this grassroots common sense movement. Find our Page on Facebook by typing Team Rural into the blue search bar and then "Like" our page and "Share" please with your friends. We will be happy to have you join us in the kitchen December 25th at Noon for a new recipe to change outcomes like #soicetalsystems #teamplayer Please share this link like wild flowers grow cause you just can't stop the spreading of a good recipe! #gottawhoilelottalove
Under Obama, rural poverty has slipped off the national agenda as presidential candidates, pundits, and the press focus on the needs of big cities – the very places making the countryside poor.
The fate of upstate New York is a small scene in a larger story enveloping rural areas across the United States. As the balance of population shifts to cities, urban elites are increasingly favoring laws and regulations that benefit urban voters over rural ones. The result is the "Detroit-ification" of sparsely populated areas so that the countryside increasingly resembles the inner city. This trend fuels the intense populism and angry politics that has shattered the post-WWII consensus and divided the nation.
William Tucker is Senior Reporter with the American Media Institute. He is a veteran journalist who has written for the New York Times, Harper's, National Review, WSJ and others.
Tags: William Tucker, rural America, Detroit, urban, rural, Obama, American Media Institute, New York Times, Harper’s, National Review, WSJ
This episode will discuss the new variances of the North and the South and City and Rural culture. Have we created a new civil war? We will discuss the civil war of 1800s and look at what is happening in the Northern and Southern states today. We will examine lifestyle, culture, social and economic issues and racism and the other isms that led to the Civil War of the 1800s. There are differences, but the variances are still very much the same.
Embattled rural progressive speaks about her first hand account; trials and tribulations of fighting the "Old Gaurd" and how in rurual Georgia 2014 it is still affecting their ability to organize around Obama's "Respect, Empower, and Include".
On this week's edition of NORTH FLORIDA WRITER TALKS, host James Dick, a regular contributor to the Conservative Report and blogger through his own web site, North Florida Writer, northfloridawriter.com will lead a discussion of the plight of small rural landowners facing the pressure of development in rural North Florida. The show should be of benefit to all who love the rural lifestyle as the American landscape is under threat of urbanization from sea to shining sea. James will be joined by two landowners in the middle of the struggle for retention of their lifestyle, one a retired NCIS agent and the other a housewife, turned activist, when she realized after she had raised her family that the environment she loved and in which she had lived her entire life was collapsing around her, Topics will include:
PROPERTY RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
THE IMPACT OF LOBBYISTS ON THE LEGISLATIVE PROCESS
ACTION STEPS WHICH CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
THE PROPER BALANCE BETWEEN URBAN AND RURAL
Whether you are Conservative, Liberal or somewhere in between, if you live in, or want to maintain a reasonable rural presence in America, this show has something for you. After all, do we really need another strip mall or postage stamp lot development at every bend on the country road?
THE GLOBAL REACH OF BOARDING SCHOOLS
Our returning guest is Pete Upham, Executive Director of The Association of Boarding Schools. I love this subject as my son went to boarding school...and he's a world traveler today.
Presented by SMARTBRIEF
The TEAM WORK READY RADIO SHOW is hosted by Jeff Rose, Ms. Carmen Watkins, Frankie Sanders, Mrs. Pamela Rose, and others plus great guests.
Team Work Ready Radio Show - LIVE on KCOH & BTR
FEATURED GUESTS - Dr. Julianna Dunn & Shawn Morgan - "Saving Our Schools"
Team Work Ready, 877-983-2696 or 713-661-2100, www.TeamWorkReady.com
FROM THE NATIONAL SUPERINTENDENTS ROUNDTABLE
WIN Learning presents Supt's Roundtable Executive Director Jim Harvey and his special guest Supt. Janet Robinson of Stratford.CT schools. Janet was Supt. of Newtown when Sandy Hook happened .
Rapid expansion in adoptions and use of mobile devices in schools has the potential to impact almost every aspect of education. A new report, "Mobile Technology for K-12 Education," sponsored by mobile learning company, Amplify, and conducted by education market research experts at IESD, reveals details about the current status of mobile technology in our schools. The question is, what are publishers and developers who serve the school market doing in terms of their product marketing plans and their sales approaches as we move away from the a textbook centric K-12 sales environment to an environment where smartphones, tablets, and other mobile computing devices are the primary delivery envelope? Host Glen McCandless asks K-12 market researcher, Jay Sivin-Kachala, of IESD, to provide his perspective.
Embattled rural progressive speaks about her first hand account; trials and tribulations of fighting the "Old Gaurd" and how in rurual Georgia 2014 it is still affecting her ability to organize around Obama's "Respect, Empower, and Include".
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (42 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (24 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (24 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (22 chatters)
- Odwirafo (20 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (18 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (16 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (16 chatters)
- Papa Lou (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (10 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (9 chatters)
- The Advise Show (8 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (6 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (6 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (5 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (5 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (4 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- NCI Radio (2 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn Radio (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Purpose Living Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (1 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)