SORT BY Relevancy
Originally aired 11/2011
From Facing Race 2008's Plenary 3, held on Saturday, November 15. The Compact for Racial Justice offers concrete strategies and policy proposals to reverse racial disparities and move our society towards full equity, inclusion and dignity for all people. The Compact transcends talk of personal prejudice with compelling evidence of institutional racism and realistic proactive solutions. It seeks to engage a broad multiracial base of activists, opinion leaders and policymakers in making government and powerful institutions accountable for eliminating racial inequality in our schools, hospitals, courtrooms and workplaces.
Moderator: Tammy Johnson, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
Rinku Sen, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
LeeAnn Hall, Northwest Federation of Community Organizers http://nwfco.org/
John Jackson, Schott Foundation for Public Education http://www.schottfoundation.org
Andrea Batista Schlesinger, Drum Major Institute http://www.drummajorinstitute.org
Karin M. Wang, Asian Pacific American Legal Center http://www.apalc.org/
Rinku Sen: Locating Justice
Racial profiling is a practice that presents a great danger to the fundamental principles of our Constitution. Racial profiling disproportionately targets people of color for investigation and enforcement, alienating communities from law enforcement, hindering community policing efforts, and causing law enforcement to lose credibility and trust among the people they are sworn to protect and serve. We rely on the police to protect us from harm and to promote fairness and justice in our communities. The despicable practice of racial profiling, however, has led countless people to live in fear and created a system of law enforcement that casts entire communities as suspect.
Racial profiling continues to be a prevalent and egregious form of discrimination in the United States. This unjustifiable practice remains a stain on American democracy and an affront to the promise of racial equality. Since September 11, 2001, new forms of racial profiling have affected a growing number of people of color in the U.S., including members of Muslim, Arab, and South Asian communities. The Obama administration has inherited a shameful legacy of racial profiling codified in official FBI guidelines and a notorious registration program that treats Arabs and Muslims as suspects and denies them the presumption of innocence and equal protection under the law.
WELCOME to Independent Underground Radio LIVE - Michigan's Top Politico Program - Aired Monday and Wednesday from 11:00 - 1:00 PM ET.
On The Show:
Guest - Warren, Michigan Mayor Warren Fouts (R) discuss aftermath of the Great Flood on his city, the lack of proper infrastructure upgrades to deal with emergencies in Michigan, how global warming is changing how our governmental units must prepare incidents of a similar nature, in the future, the Proposal 1 of 2014 on-going lawsuit and more!
We will discuss America's So-Called "Post-Racial" Society or truly lack their of, in light of three weeks and two days after the death of 18 year-old Michael Brown. Today, in Ferguson, as Brown's parents prepare to finally lay their son to rest, will any lesson be learn from Michael's untimely death about race, culture, class and economic problems in what some have describe -- a society that's past the centuries long racial divide?
Independent Underground Radio LIVE FEATURED FOUR YEAR ON BTR -Progressive Talk Radio- podcast based out of Ann Arbor covering Michigan and National Politics, breaking news and more. As Michigan's Top Politico podcast, IU Radio LIVE had over 200K podcast downloads in 2013 alone!
Host Monica RW is an owner/writer for the popular Independent Underground News website, media consultant for ROJS Media LLC, a experienced grassroots and elected local political leader, and brings her researched Independent opinions to the political issues of the day.
Call into the show with your thoughts and opinions at 347-934-0185 or tweet us @IUNewsTalk.
IN THIS BROADCAST WE WILL BE HAVING A PANEL DISCUSSION ON RACE AND RACIAL EQULITY IN AMERICA.
Racial equality means different things in different contexts. It mostly deals with an equal regard to all races. It can refer to a belief in biologicalequality of all human races. It can also refer to social equality for people of different races. WHY HAVE SO CALL BLACK PEOPLE BEEN HATED THROUGHOUT HISTORY? WILL WE EVEN SEE EQUAL JUSTICE HERE IN AMERICA? AND WHY DO IT SEEM LIKE BLACK PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY ONES BEENING KILLED BY POLICE? SO PLEASE COME AND JOIN US AS WE DISCUSS THESE ISSUES.
this broadcast is about racial profiling ,how some minorities get pull over for suspicion. This broadcast is also about mental health profiling as well as how the police departments in america can be train to deal with the african american community vice versa
The name Black Wallstreet conjures up images of an economicaly thriving African American community attacked and burned to the ground by jealous whites. Today's efforts to resurrect an economically thriving African American community in the wake of the recent riots in Missouri prompt the question "How Ca Econoic Empowerment of African Americans End Racial Injustice?" The disrespect of African Americans has been at the root of American politics, economics and culture, the result of the wounds of slavery that remain unhealed. Can financial affluence alone reverse attitudes of disrespect for black life? Are neighborhoods more likely to get respect from law enforcement officers if the residents are also the business owners in the community? How can a stronger economy in formerly economically depressed communities result in more tangible political gaines? What collective action will it take to circulate money into areas that are currently suffering the consequences of longtime neglect. Chicago activist Mark Allen discusses the plans for Black Wallstreet and how economic development can diffuse racial tensions end the gang violence that is often used as an excuse for excessive police force against African American youth.
Dr. Yancy, Professor of Philosophy at Duquesne, works primarily in the areas of critical philosophy of race, critical whiteness studies, and philosophy of the Black experience.Today, Dr Yancy, will help us understand the killing of Michael Brown as part of America's deeply embedded racism.
GEORGE YANCY is professor in the Department of Philosophy at Duquesne University. He received his Ph.D. (with honors) in philosophy from Duquesne University. He received an M.A. in philosophy from Yale University and a B.A. (cum laude) in philosophy from the University of Pittsburgh. He received a second M.A. from New York University in Black Studies. He has authored, edited, and co-edited 16 books, including Black Bodies, White Gazes: The Continuing Significance of Race (Rowman & Littlefield, 2008), Look, a White! Philosophical Essays on Whiteness (Temple University Press, 2012), and Pursuing Trayvon Martin (Lexington Books, 2012). His philosophical areas of specialization are Critical Whiteness Studies, Critical Philosophy of Race and African American Philosophy.
Listen Via Phone (323) 784-9638 or Online at www.SoulofAmericaRadio.com
We have seen so many Black Males suffer violence from the hands of those meant to protect and serve...Police Violence and brutality has increased the past few decades, But mainly towards people of color...But why? what is the root cause? Where is the Disconnect?
ISIS declares war on Hamas & the Muslim Brotherhood, while al-Qaeda In Yemen and hundreds of Americans join forces with ISIS; What’s happened since Barack Obama released the head of ISIS five years ago; Russian tank column enters southeast Ukraine; Obama's policies stoking Ferguson anger, while Eric "The Red" Holder racially profiles Officer Darren Wilson; and Obama is poised to "set the country completely on fire" with Executive amnesty order by Labor Day.
Jackie Gaines Martin was born and raised in Charlottesville, Virginia. She graduated from Mary Baldwin College in Staunton, VA, with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. Jackie has been employed by Martha Jefferson Hospital for 17 years, serving in various positions, currently as Director, Community Benefit. She is married to Eric Martin and they share a blended family of three adult children Rene, Demane and Jonathan.
This Show will be about the issues of the WWE and its and past and latest race issues.
The riots in Ferguson, Mo., raged for days and exposed just how fragmented our nation is along the lines of race. Predictably the Rev. Al Sharpton, the New Black Panther Party and other assorted race hustlers made haste to Ferguson to fan the flames of Michael Brown's death. Were the police guilty of excessive force? Did the security camera video of Brown committing burglary change things? What responsibility does the Barack Obama White House own for setting race relations back decades? We will discuss all angles of this unfortunate and destructive story.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (144 chatters)
- John Baptist (105 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (57 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (40 chatters)
- RCRadio (34 chatters)
- DDP Radio (28 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (21 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (21 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (20 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- David and Wes (18 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (17 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (15 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (14 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (9 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- Tarvino (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (5 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- Progressive Talking People (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- HeliOSoul (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- manofgod7 (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (1 chatters)
- LineaLove Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Legendary Forever Ent Radio (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (0 chatters)