SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Dr. Berkelhammer is the author of "In Your Own Hands: New Hope For People With Chronic Medical Conditions ~ Mindfulness Based Practices for Mastery and Well Being" which serves as a guide to help those living with chronic illness, as well as their caregivers, learn to live with conscious intention to maximize health and wellbeing.
Anyone can benefit from listening to this show as he will reveal the benefits of Mindfulness, Gratitude, How to Follow Your Personal Values, and much more...
Dr. Larry Berkelhammer has lived with several chronic medical conditions since childhood. For decades he endured the frustration of not knowing the causes of his physical problems. Then, well into adulthood, he was diagnosed with two autoimmune diseases and a primary immunodeficiency disease. At the same time, he was told there were no known cures for any of them and that treatment for some would make others worse. A long-time mindfulness practitioner faced with this reality, Dr. Berkelhammer became curious about what practical steps he and others could to do improve health and well-being. He trained with several world leaders in psychooncology, psychophysiology, and psychoneuroimmunology
In Your Own Hands chronicles Dr. Berkelhammer’s personal experiences with his past work as a practicing psychotherapist to give those struggling with chronic illness practical steps to take their health into their own hands, using the techniques of mindfulness and mastery.
Dr. Berkelhammer is now retired and spends his time writing, teaching and serving non-profit organizations that serve people with chronic medial conditions. For more information, please visit www.LarryBerkelhammer.com.
Dr. Larry Berkelhammer has lived with several chronic medical conditions since childhood. For decades he endured the frustration of not knowing the causes of his physical problems. Then, well into adulthood, he was diagnosed with two autoimmune diseases and a primary immunodeficiency disease. At the same time, he was told there were no known cures for any of them—and that treatment for some would make others worse.
A long-time mindfulness practitioner faced with this reality, Dr. Berkelhammer became curious about whether mind training could play a role in stabilizing and even improving his health, and was determined to investigate. He soon discovered the power of the mind to heal the body. He trained with several world leaders in psychooncology, psychophysiology, and psychoneuroimmunology and spent many years gathering research and data on the mind and health. Meanwhile, he was engaged in his own process of self-discovery. Applying all he has learned, he has been able to reduce his need for medication and medical treatments, reduce chronic arthritis pain and make his medications work better for him. Dr. Berkelhammer has also trained himself to focus his attention away from illness, pain, and fatigue, concentrating instead on what he most values as a way to improve his health.
Dr. Berkelhammer is a sought-after teacher on pain management and living better with chronic illness, providing instruction in reprogramming the brain to reduce physiological stress. In addition to his extensive training, he has learned much from his many years of working with people who have life-threatening and chronic medical conditions at The Center for Attitudinal Healing in Sausalito, Calif., as well as 19 years treating clients in private practice using psychotherapy, applied psychophysiology, and applied psychoneuroimmunology.
It is often said that cancer is the most feared word in 7 different languages. Today, millions of Americans are living with cancer and even more friends and family members are a part of the struggle through the diagnosis and treatment. Cancer coaching has emerged as one of the weapons to help patients as they go through this challenge. Dr. Sara Jenkins who trained in radiation oncology, psychooncology, and is a certified cancer coach is our guest and will share information on the benefits of cancer coaching.
Brenda Stockdale is the director of behavioral medicine at at Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia (a Vantage Oncology affiliate) and a national pioneer in the practical application of psychoneuroimmunology. Her programs are endorsed by leading specialists and have been implemented in hospitals, cancer centers and primary care settings around the country, and she has lectured nationally over the last fifteen years for a variety of medical, corporate and special interest groups.
In addition to her private practice, Stockdale developed a health psychology program for primary care settings specializing in preventive medicine, autoimmunity, cardiovascular disease and stress-related conditions. She has authored scholarly articles and book chapters for academic texts and is the co-author of an integrative medicine newsletter.
As the national program director for the cancer support organization ECaP—founded by best-selling author and surgeon Bernie Siegel, M.D.—she designed ECaP’s first hospital-based psychooncology program and co-created national retreats for people with life-challenging illness.
Her undergraduate and graduate degrees in behavioral science and health psychology are from Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She completed a clinical training program in mind/body medicine at Harvard Medical School, and is a Registered Expressive Arts Consultant and Educator (Professional Standards Committee), Certified Wellness Practitioner, and a recipient of a Hambidge Fellowship.
For more info visit her website at www.brendastockdale.com.
Larry had lived the majority of his life dealing with multiple chronic conditions, (ankylosing spondylitis, subclinical inflammatory bowel disease, and immune thrombocytopenic purpura), which wern't properly diagnosed until he was 53 years old.
The "good news" was he now knew it wasn't all in his head, he was no longer feeling alone because other people had them too.
Larry decided to review all respected research on the mind's ability to effect positive physilogical changes. He then trained with several of the world leaders in psychoneuroimmunology, psychophysiology, and psychooncology. He was a psychotherapist at the time focusing exclusively on people who had serious medical conditions.
Learn More: Larry Berkelhammer
Call In: (347) 324 - 5661 then push 1 if you wish to speak with Larry.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (142 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (140 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (45 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- NTEB (26 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (24 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (20 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (18 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (17 chatters)
- HOV Radio (17 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (13 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (12 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (12 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (10 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (7 chatters)
- Xtreme Fantasy Football XFF Radio (7 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (6 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (6 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (4 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- LoveYvetteMarie (3 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (3 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- The Alex Cardinale Show (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- Krsna Bhakti Radio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (1 chatters)
- spiritualactivists (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (1 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)