SORT BY Relevancy
Join us as we celebrate 37 years of Pride Festival history. South Florida's Lesbian, Gay Bi-Sexual, Transexual Community (LGBT) has a proud and colorful history of advocating for the rights of the community.
Reading from the Pride South Florida program:
The Pride Festival commemorates the Stonewall riots that occured in New York City in June 1969 which many credit with having launched the national movement for LGBT rights.
Recently released U.S. Census data revealed that Fort Lauderdale is the city with the highest concentration of same-sex couples households in the nation; and the greater Fort Lauderdale area annually welcomes more than 1.3 million LGBT visitors.
Our First guest Norm Kent, Publisher of South Florida Gay News (SFGN) was a successful attorney and advocate for many years defending gay men who were falsely accused of breaking Florida 's lewd and lascivious laws. Many remember him from his morning radio show on AM WFTL-1400 and 850 AM radio. He started the Gay news paper Express in 1999 and in 2003 began South Florida Gay News (SFGN). The newpaper has a very successful reputation in the community and the nation. We will also later welcome Elizabeth Fernandez from Human Rights Campaign.
Let's learn together how we can make this community and all communities safe and prosperous for all.
Join Host Live Chats
- Ring of Fire Ministries (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (8 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (5 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (3 chatters)
- The Gridiron Studs Show (2 chatters)
- 64667 (2 chatters)
- Back Porch Writer (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (1 chatters)
- Law Offices of Peter J Lamont (1 chatters)
- Radio MBS International Wrld (1 chatters)
- Willie Lawson (1 chatters)