SORT BY Relevancy
Are you trying to incorporate vegetables into your diet but tired of the same old frozen bag of something and glass jar of green goop? Plant based diets scare you because you don't see how to get all the protein and vitamins your body needs with good tasting food? Can I really feed my family this? Are you ready for 'The Veggie Queen'?
My guest is Jill Nussinow; registered dietitian, culinary educator and author of Nutrition CHAMPS: New Way of Thinking about Food Groups that will Change Your Life. Jill is an expert is showing us how to have fun with food, incorporate vitamins and minerals in levels that are supporting our health and creating alternative protein sources that we never realized. She makes eating plants fun and creative! Did you know how important garlic and onions are not just as a seasoning but to help our immune system? How do you eat them every day and not smell 'funny'? Fabulous recipes to incorporate super foods in their original form, fresh, into your diet.
For more information on Jill and her books on food, visit: www.theveggiequeen.com
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian shares tips and recipes for incorporating spring produce into your mwnu plan. Look for the companion cookbook to Season Three: Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites. (You can pre-order it now!) Then Laura welcomes producer, director and choreographer James Rocco, whose recent debut CD, It’s Between Us included the hit single And The Night Stood Still. His new CD featuring tunes from the Cole Porter Broadway Songbook will be released this summer. Jame’s career includes appearances at Carnegie Hall, tours with Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, starring on Broadway in CATS, and touring in JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR. James has participated as a producing partner on “Legally Blonde, The Color Purple, and Edward Scissorhands.” He is responsible for producing, presenting and booking Theatrical Programming at Ordway Center for the Performing Arts and he is a member of SDC, AEA, ASCAP, The Broadway League, National Alliance for Musical Theatre Producers and the Independent Producers’ Network.
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes acclaimed and bestselling vegan author, cook, and creator of VegKitchen.com, Nava Atlas. Nava will talk about her new book Plant Power, which celebrates the bounty of natural foods and teaches everyone—from committed vegans to those who just want more plants in their diet—how to implement a plant-based approach to their lives—easily, practically, and joyfully, every day. Autographed copies of Laura Theodore’s cookbooks Jazzy Vegetarian Classics and Jazzy Vegetarian are now available and SEASON FOUR of Jazzy Vegetarian premieres on September 1, 2014 - full of celebrity guests and celebratory meals! “Taste” award-winning host Laura Theodore—with help from guests like Ed Begley Jr.—shows viewers how to cook easy, great-tasting vegan food for family and friends. Check local listings near you. Nava Atlas is the author and illustrator of many other well-known cookbooks, including Vegan Express, Vegan Soups, and Wild About Greens and she has written scores of articles on healthful cooking with natural foods, for Vegetarian Times, VegNews, Cooking Light, and numerous other publications.
Dana Laake and her special guest Amber Lynn Vitse, CN, will discuss proteins, plant protein options, and organic plant protein.
Amber Lynn Vitse is a Certified Nutritionist in integrative nutrition, and also brings her training in Ayurvedic medicine to the team. For 16 years she has worked in product retail, as well as maintained her own wellness practice, often working with doctors and alternative health practitioners promoting optimum health, inside and out. In the last several years she has been writing for several natural health publications, educating retailers and consumers on what quality really means in both foods and products. Amber is excited to be a member of the Garden of Life Education team and continue the mission of empowering extraordinary health.
Dr. John McDougall
John A. McDougall is an American Irish physician and author whose philosophy is that degenerative disease can be prevented and treated with a low-fat, whole foods, plant-based/vegan diet – especially one based on starches such as potatoes, rice, and corn – which excludes all animal foods and added vegetable oils. Passionate? Incredibly. Compelling? Totally. Convincing? Yes – because of the science Dr. McDougall brings to the table. If you have EVER wondered or want to know more about the benefits of a plant-based diet and want to educate yourself, make joining us a “must do.” You will be glad you did. Our thanks to the Tucson-based Healthy You Network for introducing us to Dr. McDougall and for helping make this interview possible. This show sponsored by Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona.
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes executive chef, cooking teacher, caterer and former diabetic, Jason Wyrick, to share tips for a healthier and compassionate vegan Thanksgiving and his new book, Vegan Tacos. Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Autographed copies of Laura Theodore’s CDS and her cookbooks Jazzy Vegetarian Classics and Jazzy Vegetarian are now available! Watch SEASON FOUR of Jazzy Vegetarian on the CREATE NETWORK premiering on December 11, 2014! SEASON FOUR is full of celebrity guests and celebratory meals. (Check local listings). Chef Jason Wyrick is an executive chef, cooking teacher, caterer and a former diabetic. He has co-authored the New York Times best-selling book 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart with Neal Barnard, MD, and has taught alongside many medical and dietary professionals. A former diabetic who cured his diabetes and lost 100 pounds by going vegan, Jason was the first vegan culinary instructor in the world-famous Le Cordon Bleu program.
During this hour with Marnie and guest, Elena Wilkins you'll discover:
1. Why a plant based diet is optimal for health and weight loss.
2. The 3 keys to preparing your mind for a successful transition.
3. How to make your plant based diet easy in a world of fast fried foods.
4. Why vegans who consume a whole foods diet do not lack any nutrients or need supplements.
5. How and where to shop to make a plant based diet affordable.
6. The basic food staples and how to prepare your pantry.
7. The 5 kitchen gadgets you’ll want to invest in early on.
8. Where to find support for a successful lifestyle change.
9. How to be a vegan in a non-vegan world. How to build bridges of understanding with family, friends and beyond.
10. Three keys to helping kids transition to a plant based lifestyle.
Elena teaches people how to transition to a plant based diet to improve health and achieve permanent weight loss. Learn more at http://www.vega-licious.com
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian shares some of her favorite recipes for spring! She’ll chat with Leslie Cerier, “The Organic Gourmet,” who specializes in whole foods and organic cuisine. We’ll talk about some of her favorite plant-based foods and recipes for spring! Leslie Cerier, “The Organic Gourmet” is a chef, author, environmentalist, educator and photographer.Leslie specializes in local, seasonal, whole foods and organic cuisine. She is a pioneer and national authority on gluten-free cooking and baking. Leslie teaches “hands-on” vegetarian cooking classes in some of the most prestigious centers of holistic evolution and organic lifestyle. Her cookbooks, workshops, personal coaching and creative approach to culinary nutrition blends delicious whole foods that nurture your health and vitality, enhance the immune system, keeps your bones strong, rejuvenates your senses, and helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle, while lessening your carbon footprint.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (19 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (17 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (13 chatters)
- We Built That Network (11 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (10 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (5 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (4 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (4 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- thesensualmovement (4 chatters)
- TIS Network (3 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (3 chatters)
- FoReRadio (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (2 chatters)
- 27 Outs Podcast Home of MiLB Talk (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (2 chatters)
- SSRN (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- DPRPresents (2 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Chenese Lewis Show (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (0 chatters)
- The Urban Release (0 chatters)