SORT BY Relevancy
Funky beats, a rhythm that will keep you moving and meditating. One of the better CONNECTIONS you're find on the Internet. Donald Grammer cuts, blends, mixes jazz fusion, like no one else. Music is the universal language. When you have a great song on, it can mood you, and entice. Close your eyes and hear new concepts and realisms with notes jumping off the graph. Half notes, quarter notes, hip hop, R&B, fused with jazz and a spectrum of melody you won't forget. Donald Grammer and a little bit of me, Tolliver.
Then on the last Saturday of each month, she will give you something to think about. It's CONVERSATIONS with AMENTI - the Writer. She's is not afraid to let you have it New York style. Talk Talk on any subject she feels she can sink her teeth in. Join her, 347-205-9366. She is raring to debate you, east coast style, but be prepared, you are going to want more of her than just the last SATURDAY of EVERY MONTH - Let her know. 347-205-9366
Paul Richmond is an artist, activist, and storyteller. His work often incorporates elements of pop culture, politics, and his own experiences as a gay man. You can see all of his work, purchase some prints and more at http://paulrichmondstudio.com. His latest series, War Paint, explores ideas of identity and masculinity through expressive, figurative paintings of men covering their bodies with paint. He enjoys working with models who have made important or interesting contributions to LGBT culture, and he's painted everyone from Jack Mackenroth to Perez Hilton. Many of the "gaylebrity" models were a part of his Cheesecake Boys series, a gay/male spin on classic pin-up art from the 40's and 50's.
When he's not painting, he is busy with a non-profit organization that he founded with his childhood art teacher called the You Will Rise Project. Their mission to empower young people who have experienced bullying to speak out through the creation of uncensored artworks. He was bullied horribly as a kid and having a creative outlet made all the difference. He does free workshops for young people, a mentorship program connecting college artists with bullied high school students, a special project last spring called Art For Michael in support of an 11 year old boy who attempted suicide after being bullied for his love of My Little Pony, and a new social media photo campaign called #SelfieRespect. Visit: http://youwillriseproject.com.
Him and his husband are involved with the fight for marriage equality as well. They were married a year and a half ago with a group of 24 other LGBT couples who rode a bus to Washington DC and had our ceremony in front of the Supreme Court building just days before DOMA was repealed.
Swimming in the Daylight: An American Student, a Soviet-Jewish Dissident, and the Gift of Hope:
In September 1984, Lisa Paul, an American college student living in Moscow and working as a nanny, enters Inna Meiman’s house for her first Russian language lesson. And so begins a two year friendship and fight for Inna’s life. Swimming in the Daylight chronicles Inna’s struggle to shed her refusnik status and to be granted a visa to travel to America, seeking medical treatment for the cancer that is slowly killing her.
Inna reveals an indomitable spirit as she endures a perverse reality as a citizen of the Soviet Union—she must deny invitations from countries in the West to receive life-saving cancer treatment due to her inability to receive a visa from her own government. This refusal, Inna explains to Lisa, is the Soviet authorities’ way of persecuting her and her husband Naum, a member of the Moscow Helsinki Watch Group fighting for human rights in the USSR. Spurred by outrage and the desire to help her friend, Lisa returns to the United States, vowing to do all she can to get Inna out of Moscow. Lisa stages a hunger strike, holds a press conference, and galvanizes American politicians to fight for Inna’s freedom. All these efforts eventually succeed in pursuing Mikhail Gorbachev to issue Inna a visa in December 1986, and she finally steps foot on American soil. At a time when international strife seems insurmountable and worries at home seem to paralyze, this story will teach people everywhere that it is the courage inside that defines a person and can change the future.
When he got his first big book deal Richard Paul Evans asked to meet Mary Higgins Clark. When the King of Christmas met the Queen of Suspense he got the best advice a new author could ever ask for. Listen in and hear that story, and about their latest works, The Mistletoe Promise and The Cinderella Murder. Plus Richard has a new writer in the family and Carol is planning a feast for the holiday. And, meet a young author with a sweet holiday tradition; The Reinder Gift will have you hunting for that last special present this Christmas.
Thanks for listening!
Unfortunately, our scheduled guest wasn't able to join us, so Kori did what she does best: Rolled with it!
During this short episode, she talked about our #needfordiversebooks as it relates to #ferguson, her successful (and first) virtual book launch for her children's book Dante, the end of year guest line-up, and the 2015 programming schedule.
Thanks for listening! We'll be back next week with Renee Prewitt.
Show Time: 9:30 a.m. CDT/ 10:30 a.m. EDT/ 7:30 a.m. PDT/ 8:30 a.m. MDT
November 24, 2014
Spirit Connection with Bill Elliott @ 8 pm EST
"Giving Thanks and Gratitude" - This month's show is about giving thanks and gratitude. Join Bill Elliott and guest, Kimmie Rose Morgan. Kimmie is a seer, channeler, teacher and Hypnotherapist and works with autistic gifted children. We will be talking about the true benefits of gratitude for our gifts and giving thanks for all of our blessings.
The Paul Crouse Show @ 9 pm EST
“One Simple Shift To Transform Your Life“ - This month, Paul’s guest is Kevin Akash Olver, a teacher of personal growth and meditation from England. He shares his work with people around the world through online meetings, sessions and courses. Having worn many hats over the years - psychologist, hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, healer, coach, consultant - he now enjoys being mostly hatless! Kevin has many years of experience of bringing together psychology and spirituality and helping all kinds of people to enrich their personal and work lives. He has a gift for clear seeing and is known for his warm, peaceful nature and inspiring approach. Paul and Kevin will be talking about empowerment and how to bring greater awareness, love, strength, peace, joy and freedom into our lives. Find out more or contact Kevin Akash Olver at: www.lifetransform.com
Call in for questions related to show topics or join us in the Blog Talk Radio chat room.
Please view our Disclaimer for our radio programming.
Amber H. Massey shares
• How marketing in your niche is fun, fulfilling, and fellowship friendly
• How a savvy book launch combined with an annual fundraiser and book signing connected a niche community
• Why sincerity in helping other’s ministries brings unexpected blesses
• What God asked and obedience produced
• Where to find Amber’s book: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, www.harvesthousepublishers.com , and www.amberhmassey.com
in Self Help
Her blog went viral in July and, now, joining us LIVE from the DOWN UNDER...MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, Blogger, spokesperson, TV panellist, book reviewer, ghost writer and creator of ad copy, Libby Fordham, who is on the Board of Governors for the Communication Research Institute, an independent, not-for-profit membership organisation with an international reputation for inventing, testing, and applying best practices in communication in business and government, for the public good. Libby’s work has seen her work alongside Prime Ministers, Federal Ministers, famous oracles, community leaders and the people on the street. We'll talk work, life, being human, and more...
Saxophone player, Paul Klemperer is back from a cruise in the carribean and talks about Jazz.
Back in Black baby! That's Nadra Enzi, the original "hood conservative" make his triumphant return to the Willie Lawson Show! With so many emerging opportunites for the conservative voice to shine in urban America Nadra Enzi is one the preiminate voices.
For over two decades, Enzi has been an ardent advocate for increased community involvement in the cause of public safety. Through speeches, appearances, writing, blogging and Internet video as well as the actual practice of walking the streets, Enzi says that community and personal safety are colorblind and commonsense issues.
Saying that "law-abiding folks have been conned into thinking we're hostages who have to stay on our knees to street thugs and indifferent bureaucrats," Enzi says that crime and strained race relations can be remedied by a "boots on the ground" approach to taking on burglars, bullies and crooks.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (494 chatters)
- John Baptist (74 chatters)
- Channel Panel (56 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (25 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (18 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (16 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (11 chatters)
- David and Wes (10 chatters)
- canadianglen (10 chatters)
- Radio Capicu (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (8 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (8 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (8 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (7 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- Odwirafo (7 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- 12kyle (6 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (6 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (6 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- Curious Times (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)