SORT BY Relevancy
Doctor of the USA TV show and Radio show host Jody Pugh interview Pamela Post-Ferrante about breast cancer and surviving it. As well as how she come up with her book guide for cancer survivors.
Pamela Post-Ferrante, a dynamic writer, teacher and four-time cancer survivor who has created and been leading writing workshops for cancer survivors in Boston area hospitals and other venues for 13 years. Now Pamela has expanded her “community of healing” by publishing Writing & Healing: A Mindful Guide for Cancer Survivors (Hatherleigh/Random House, May 29, 2012). This ground-breaking book helps people find a new and stronger self in the midst of, and after cancer.
Four diagnoses of breast cancers and eight surgeries and treatments for cancer spanned five years of Pamela’s life in the late 90's. By the fourth diagnosis, she vowed that if she lived, she’d help others who have experienced cancer find the “community of healing” that she wished that she had. During Pamela’s long illness she saw friends disappearing. People treated her differently and started to avoid her the more she needed connection. Many didn’t know what to say or do. After the third and fourth diagnosis, very few people were left and her husband of 25 years was gone too.
Today we are going to speak with Gaelin Rosenwaks ,Friday 7/25/2014 2:00PM eastern
Gaelin Rosenwaks is a marine scientist, explorer and photographer. Always fascinated by the marine world. She began her career at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution where she researched over-wintering patterns of Southern Ocean zooplankton. Gaelin earned her Master’s Degree in Coastal Environmental Management from Duke University working with the Tag-A-Giant program and conducting research on the migratory movements of Giant Bluefin Tuna. She has conducted fieldwork throughout the world from the Antarctic to the Arctic on icebreakers to both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans on fishing
vessels. Gaelin founded Global Ocean Exploration (GOE) to share her passion for ocean exploration, marine conservation and photography. GOE ‘Global Ocean Exploration’ is a company devoted to bringing cutting-edge expedition science to the public through photography, writing, and film. She now participates and conducts expeditions in every ocean to alert the public not only to the challenges facing the oceans, but also to what science is doing to understand these changes.
Gaelin is a US Coast Guard Licensed Captain, and a Fellow of both the Royal Geographical Society and the Explorers Club where she served as Secretary of the Board of Directors. She also serves on the Conservation Committee of the Explorers Club. Gaelin has published articles in scientific journals, newspapers and magazines. She has also appeared as a scientific consultant and angler on the National Geographic Channel Series, Fish Warrior.
Dr. Pamela Brewer responds to questions the listeners.
Dr. Pamela Brewer talks with Author, Priscilla Boos as she discusses her love and her grief and her recovery from the loss of her husband in "Meet Me at the Bakery: My Journey through Grief and Back to Life".
As you follow this poignant story, you will find yourself moved and invigorated to live your best life - and to share Priscilla's story and book with those you care about.
Dr Brewer has a discussion about racism among high school kids who have formed “light skin and dark skin” teams. Many responses from the listening audience who also spoke about how children are treated in families.
Is It true that as we age we have no choice, no say, no options in
how we treat and enjoy our brains? Absolutely Not!
Join Pamela Brewer as she talks with neuroscientist and researcher,
Mark Underwood, about ways to free your brain, change your brain,
enjoy your brain. Learn how to fight back against the mild memory
problems in ways/behaviors that are natural and powerful! You will
learn much when you tune in to MyNDTALK's Freedom Talk conversation
on Tuesday, June 17th. You will also learn about a free test you can
take on line AND a free book available by calling a toll-free number.
Dr. Pamela Brewer talks with Anthony (Tony) Browder about the seasons of his life as an African American man, grade school student, college student, Researcher, Master Teacher, Egyptologist, Author, and perhaps the most imporant role of all... as a Father.
Valor features the stories "... of American servicemen from 21st Century wars. These soldiers, sailors, and Marines have risked their lives several times over for their country as well as for their fellow troops and civilians." Learn about these men through the eyes and passion of author Mark Lee Greenblatt who turned countless hours of conversations into 9 mini-autobiographies of 9 brave men. Go www.MarkLeeGreenblatt.com to email any/all of these men.
Dr. Brewer talks with Yasmin Anderson-Smith, Founder of "Every Girl Can" (www.everygirlcan.org) about her life and the lessons/experiences of her life that led her to create "Every Girl Can."
"Every Girl Can ™ is a fun, creative, interactive program to help girls prepare to be everything
they can be. Every girl who participates fully in the program will learn how to sharpen their personal image,improve self-esteem, and self confidence and communicate the right messages. Every girl will also learn important skills in personal grooming, etiquette and
civility and how to project a positive image.
6/10/14 Tuesday.//Today we are going to speak with Dr. Holly Cheever.
Dr. Holly Cheever graduated from Harvard University, summa cum laude, in 1971 and from The College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University in 1980 with a class rank of #1. She has been in private practice ever since. After being an employee for 30 years, she has now opened a new practice—The Village Animal Clinic—in September 2010, in Voorheesville NY.
In addition to her private practice serving companion animals and wildlife, Dr. Cheever presents programs to students on environmental and animal welfare issues. She also is a regular lecturer at veterinary schools, providing mentoring in the practice of veterinary medicine with an emphasis on animal welfare. She serves as a consultant for local, state and national animal protection organizations, and assists law officers in animal abuse cases.
Today we are going to speak about the Dairy industry and the life of farm animals.
Frank Ferrante is a Producer and on-air talent. He has been producing RadioPets for over 4 years. Previously he produced documentaries, TV and radio commercials.
Join Dr. Brewer and her guest, Dr Robert Wicks, Author of
Perspective - The Calm Within The Storm. In a world where living in
the moment is often considered the least desireable place to be; in a
world where allowing yourself to be fluid and compassionate is often
frowned upon, Dr. Wicks offers a way to reduce your stress, increase
your emotional strength and lighten the often anxious, negative load
so many of us carry.
Dr. Brewer talks with Gwendolyn M. Plano, author of "Letting Go Into Perfect Love." Gwen's memoir is a beautifully written walk from her childhood on a California farm, to a 25 year abusive marriage, to her life today - in which she is free to live and love in peace and joy.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (200 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (22 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (21 chatters)
- Straitway (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- The Portal (15 chatters)
- in5d (12 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (8 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- The War Room (5 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- Missy Hill (5 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (5 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (5 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Conservative Report (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (4 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (3 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (3 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (3 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (2 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- CrystalPSmith (2 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Spirit of 76 Remedy (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (2 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (2 chatters)
- The Role of Women InXXXX (2 chatters)
- Rifleman (2 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (2 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- pgant (1 chatters)
- Speed 77 Radio (1 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Middle Men (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- angel coaches (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- EFT Radio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (0 chatters)
- A Sistas Circle Empowerment Hour (0 chatters)
- Move to Amend (0 chatters)