SORT BY Relevancy
A VISIT WITH NACCTEP; The Nat'l Association of
Community Colleges in Teacher Prep; SELECTING THE BEST TEACHERS with Kim Tobey NACCTEP Executive Director and Delia Stafford, of The Haberman Educational Foundation
Presented by MYon Reader /CAPSTONE DIGITAL
NACCTEP IS THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COMMUNITY COLLEGES IN TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS. A FREQUENT GUEST ON OUR HIGHER EDUCATION SHOWS......SOMETIMES THE ROLE THEY PLAY IS FORGOTTEN , SO WE HAVE DR SOPHIA S.L. MARSHALL ,NACCTEP'S PRESIDENT ELECT AND DR ROD RISLEY OF PHI THETA KAPPA THE NATIONAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE HONOR SOCIETY TO TALK ABOUT 'COLLABORATING FOR CHANGE'
Bob Kendrick, president of the Negro League Baseball Museum in Kansas City, joins Amiri Tulloch on JG Sports Talk.
Bob comments on how the Negro League came about, which Negro League players would have translated well to Major League Baseball, and his thoughts on the declining number of African-Americans in the sport today.
Tweet the show, @AmiriTulloch and @JGSportsTalk.
Email the show, email@example.com.
Like the show at Facebook.com/JGSportsTalk.
Visit the show website at jgsportstalk.com.
Today on RTR we are going to be talking about Christian education. Are seminaries and bible colleges needed in the Body of Christ? Are they biblical? If the bible doesn't condemn them, does that mean that they are OK? Why is it that most seminaries and bible colleges are denominationaly based? How much do these schools cost? What about Christian elementary and high schools, is anything wrong with them? Shouldn't we as Christians want to learn the deeper things of God through school? What exactly is being taught in these schools anyway? What about honorary doctorates and diploma mills? Join RTR this and every Sunday as we chop up this and other topics at 10am est. To listen live or join the converation call 661 449 9951
There had to be a reason why blacks jumped over to the democratic party during the 60sThere just had to be. For a party that had created a hate-filled group to terrorize them and kill them while their ancestors were placed in slave camps…it’s not logical for the black race to go back to massa without some main reason.Is it possible Democrats put these black leaders in charge of the March on Washington to squash the anger of black negro youths.the “Big Six,”http://
Discussion of a social studies textbook on the significance of the Negro Leagues and Jackie Robinson on America.
THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COMMUNITY COLLEGES IN TEACHER PREPOARATION IS OUR GUEST WITH ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AT TOUGALOO COLLEGE IN TOUGALOO, MISSISSIPPI DR SOPHIA S.L. MARSHALL, PRESIDENT OF NACCTEP.NOTE I SPELLED MISSISSIPPI CORRECTLY. WE'LL BE TALKING ABOUT COLLABORATING FOR CHANGE
They, therefore, ought not in the first thing have anything to do in Government affairs. What the Gentiles are doing we are consenting to do. What we are trying to do today is to make the Negro equal with us in all our privilege. My voice shall be against all the day long. I shall not consent for one moment. I will call them a counsel. I say I will not consent for one moment for you to lay a plan to bring a curse upon this people. It shall not be while I am here. (Brigham Young Addresses, Ms d 1234, Box 48, folder 3, dated Feb. 5, 1852, located in the LDS Church Historical Department, Salt Lake City, Utah)
The Law of Booker T. Washington: "If perchance under discussion on some Negro problem, the question arose as to how a Negro would vote if only one drop of Negro blood run in his veins which way would that drop of blood vote on a question, white or black?
Without hesitation he [Dr. Washington] said, "If there was one drop of blood in a person and such a question arose, it would always vote with the Negro." Booker T Washington at University of Utah, 1913.
The Law of Albert Schweitzer: whenever a white man seeks to live among them as their equal, they will either destroy him or devour him, and they will destroy all his work; and so for any existing relationship or for any benefit to this people let white men from anywhere in the world who would come to help Africa remember that you must continually retain the status; you the master, and they inferior, like children that you would help or teach. Never fraternize with them as equals, never accept them as your social equals; or they will devour you; they will destroy you." Albert Schweitzer, Nobel Laureate
(MONEY MONDAY), February 03rd, 2014- TONIGHT we are celebrating the anniversary of The Negro Baseball League, the descendant of the Southern League of Colored Base Ballists, was founded in Feb. 3, 1920. The elevation of Jackie Robinson to the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947 not only opened the doors for other African-American players, it also signaled the end of the Negro Leagues. It's Black History Month and we recognize this day in history. Plus, DD will bring us our FINANCE segment li
Call in to the show: 347-857-2276. Tweet the show: @JGSportsTalk, @AmiriTulloch.
8:00 --> Amiri looks at the first few games of the NHL playoffs with NHL writer Steven Liberman. Who's impressed Steve the most so far, and what series does he have his eye on? Steve let's us know.
8:15 --> Bob Kendrick, president of the Negro League Baseball Museum in Kansas City, is interviewed on the show. Bob comments on what the Negro Leagues were, which players would have made great MLBers, his thoughts on declining number of African Americans in the sport, and more.
8:30 --> With the NBA playoffs slated to start on Saturday, Amiri gives his predictions on all of the series.
8:45 --> In the JG Sports Talk Newswire segment, Amiri looks at the under-the-radar sports topics of the day. He discusses the NCAA's food rule change, whether or not the 49ers should keep Aldon Smith, and Craig Sager's leukemia diagnosis.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (148 chatters)
- John Baptist (113 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (79 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (41 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (39 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (36 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (28 chatters)
- MMA Tonight (25 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (16 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (15 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (14 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (13 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (11 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (11 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (10 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (9 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- Writing Royalty (8 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (8 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (8 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- The Finding Relisha Radio Show (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Kongolini Zulu Mau (6 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- Straitway (5 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (5 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (4 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (4 chatters)
- KDCL Media (4 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (4 chatters)
- MasterPiece (4 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (4 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (4 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (4 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (3 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (3 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (3 chatters)
- MOMO B (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- Saiful Haqq (1 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (1 chatters)
- We Built That Network (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (0 chatters)