SORT BY Relevancy
Da Vinci was a naturalist but what does it mean to be a naturalist. Did Da Vinci believe in God? Did he give birth to the Illuminati? I am going to dive into the man and what he has done by applying spirituality to what I have learned from listening to a compilation of his complete works.
The host will talk with a natrualist about claims of cures for aids victims. Naturalist presents a natural treatments for Ebola by strenghtening and cleasing the blood of infected patience. Natrual remedies have already been stent to Africa to assist in the fight for Ebola. The host will talk about this plan of treatment verses the plan of treatment currently being used in Dallas. Can this treatment reduse the fear and panic over this infectious disease crisis.
My guest on Thursday, May 1st at 3 p.m. PDT on MetalSmith BenchTalk will be jeweler, enamelist, metalsmith, artist, and naturalist David C. Freda.
Abou David: “Among the first images created by man were those of animals. One cannot trace the history of art without reference to the animal image. Since prehistoric times, the animal world has provided man the imagery by which to visually illuminate important aspects of himself and his life. The animal image provides a universal language that all cultures can share. Until the extinction of the last species, man will draw upon the animal world for inspiration.
I also probe the world of animals for my imagery. Bird watching, taxidermy, falconry, scuba diving, rock climbing, mountain biking, and numerous other adventuresome activities have educated me enabling me to express the natural world in an artistic sense. My forms are a distillation of these experiences. Some compositions feature realistic “renderings” of animal forms while others are abstractions suggesting a particular theme and create from it an unexpected or surprising result.
To obtain this, I often juxtapose the animal image or abstraction using ancient processes with twentieth century materials such as fine metals, vitreous enamels, aluminum, acrylic, niobium, and so on, while maintaining the sense of a natural habitat via color, texture, and movement. I feel I share a kinship with artists of the past whose intimate knowledge of the natural world also provided them with their concepts..
To learn more about David, visit: http://www.davidcfreda.com.
Tonight I will be joined by outspoken activist and Naturalist T Michael Riddle. We will be discussing many things such as chemtrails, the Second Amendment, PETA, and government corruption. Join us for our live broadcast at 11 PM Eastern.
In the final episode of our Prepper Series, Dawn PcPherson will join us. Dawn is an RN and will talk with Mike Slack and Dave about living a holistic lifestyle that will enable you to outlive the current established medical community. Do you know what you will do when there are no doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies? Are you prepared for the time when you are on your own? Have you even thought about it? Will you? Join Dawn, Mike, and Dave tonight at 7PM Missouri Time for an honest, upfront chat about how to cope. YUou can participate live at 347-677-1835.
SIT DOWN WITH US AS WE DISCUSS SOME OF THE TOM FOOLARY THAT GOES ON IN THE WORLD WE LIVE IN... SOME OF US TEND NOT TO JUDGE BUT SOME OF US ARE FORCED TO CALL OUT THE SHANETTIGANS. JOIN US AS WE BROADCAST LIVE FROM AFRICANOBOI STUDIOS!!!!!
PLUS, YOUR NEWS U CAN USE - SKREET CIRCUIT REPORT - HOT GOSSIP - CELEB ENT, & MORE
ONLINE EDUCATION AT
THE AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
PLUS "THE YOUNG NATURALIST AWARD' PROGRAM
Welcome back Eric Hamilton and Rob Steiner. There are so many great educational opportunities in both K-12 and Higher Ed at my favorite museum. We might even talk about taxidermy of the specimens even though that might sound stuffy.
That was a pun.
Presented by WILDLIFE ACOUSTICS
Our regular host Hugh T Alkemi will speak with Stephen Buhner in this live episode about Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm, the subject and title of Dr Buhner's newest book. Join into the convo by calling 347-855-8334
Stephen Harrod Buhner is the senior researcher for the Foundation for
Gaian Studies. Described as both an Earth Poet and a Bardic Naturalist, he
is the award-winning author of 19 books, including The Lost Language of
Plants, The Secret Teachings of Plants, and Sacred Plant Medicine.
Stephen is also the bestselling author of Herbal Antibiotics. Before retiring
in 2013, Stephen taught for over 30 years throughout North America and
Europe. Stephen's work has appeared or been profiled in publications
throughout North America and Europe including Mother Earth News, The
Lampeter Review, Spirituality & Health, The New York Times, CNN, and
Good Morning America. He lives in Silver City, New Mexico.
On Friday Octuber 31st, at 8pm est, 7pm cst and 5pm pst, Join host Ken McKeighen as he is joined by Ken Boorman to continue their discussion on carnivorous plants. The genus Aldorandra will be investigated and it's amazing ability to trap it's prey with the fastest trap action of any plant. Aldrovanda is a free-floating and rootless aquatic plant. This plant is closely related to the Venus flytrap Dionaea muscipula, and shares many of its attributes--it functions as a snap-trap carnivore, just under water! A common name for it is the waterwheel plant because a single whorl of leaves, cut from a stem, is wheel-like, as you can see to the right! The genus name commemorates the Italian naturalist Ulisse Aldrovandi (1522-1605). In fact, the name for the genus was originally "Aldrovandia", but Linnaeus misspelled this, and we use the incorrect spelling even today.
Each leaf in a whorl terminates in a little clam-like trap. Exactly how the trap captures prey is a little complicated. Just like the traps of a Venus flytrap, the trap lobes of Aldrovanda contain trigger hairs. When stimulated, these cause the traps to close. SNAP! The closure takes about 1/4 to 1/2 second, which is impressive when you reflect upon the fact that the trap lobes must push water as they close. If no prey is captured, the trap reopens in ten to twenty hours.
The strange snapping behavior of the plant was observed by De Sassus as early as 1861, but it was not until Darwin's careful work was there proof it was probably carnivorous. We now know that indeed, the traps produce phosphate-digesting enzymes, and that traps fed with radioisotope-labeled Daphnia absorb the prey.
Sharon Weil talks with Michael Stocker, bio-acoustician, naturalist, and musician, about water, oceans, natural sound, and human-generated noise pollution in the ocean. His organization, Ocean Conservation Research, studies the impact and finds solutions to its detrimental effect on marine life. Did you know that dolphins call each other by name? Sound and sound perception are ways in which we locate ourselves in place, and underwater noise pollution is creating stress and dislocation in whales and dolphins. Michael is a fascinating and passionate advocate for natural sound, and all the beautiful creatures and environments that produce it. OCR.org | passing4normal.com
Inform, Connect, Empower
The Super Aging Today radio show airs live Thursday August 28th and is archived on both SuoerAgingNJ.com and www.blogtalkradio.com/superagingtoday.
This show is an innovation. Never before has there been a program devoted to informing, connecting and empowering people to age well in all aspects of their life. It will survive only if people listen live or to the archived shows. Please let your contacts know about it.
Our guest and time line up for the show on August 28th is: (times are all Eastern Time)
10:05-10:30-- M.C. Quince author of “Street of Secrets” Yawn’s Publishing, a novel of children coming of age in a big U.S. city on the brink of World War II, the cultural impact of the attack on Pearl Harbor, and how it reverberates in our society today. She will speak to us from Georgia.
10:30-10:50-- Toby Nadler Founder and President of WomenInBusiness.Org, creator of the famous Couches & Cupcakes Salons bringing together women business leaders of all ages to connect and flourish. She will speak to us from New York.
10:50-11:00-- Joseph Mish author, photo- journalist and naturalist explorer-He will be in the studio.
11:05-11:10-- Joseph continued
11:10-11:20--Diane Bell of Easy Street Realty expert on relocation after retirement, second homes and THE REAL ESTATE IRA. She will speak to us from Nevada
11:20-12:00--Cathy Allen Chairman & CEO of the Santa Fe Group, author and expert on sabbaticals, self reinvention and rebooting your life at any age-she will speak us from Ireland at the home of the creator of River Dance.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (197 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (58 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (47 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (30 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (28 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (21 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (20 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (20 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (19 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- Odwirafo (19 chatters)
- TimBinnall (15 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (12 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (10 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (9 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (8 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (8 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- Black Author Network (5 chatters)
- NCI Radio (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (5 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (5 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Curious Times (4 chatters)
- FCPT Tim Maile (4 chatters)
- in5d (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (3 chatters)
- David Coney (3 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- nwo truth radio media (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (1 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- drinkfive (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris Treasure Show (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (0 chatters)