SORT BY Relevancy
Nutrition For Your Brain
1st hour Gilbert Mercier
2nd hour Jim La Pointe
X Gilbert Mercier, www.newsjunkiepost.com, is with us. He is the founder and editor-in-chief of this online magazine. In it, so many topics are discussed. Unlike many other magazines out there, this is an in-depth one, bringing different perspectives right to you-----From news in the US, to worldwide events, from business to the environment, Gilbert and his writer/reporters tackle it all.
What keeps them getting up in the morning? What is the driving force behind all these insightful articles?
X Jim La Pointe is the co-director of American Indian Movement Orange County, Ca. There has recently been an urgency at the Pine Ridge/Rosebud Recervation in South Dakota. 25 degrees below zero and no heat for many people. We will talk about this, and several other topics that need to be addressed.
The Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) and the Native American Graves Protection and Repudiation Act (NAGPRA) are two of the subjects we'll cover.
Today's radio show will feature many participants who will recap yesterday's Protest in Flagstaff, Arizona.
"Rally Against the Theft of Antiquity - Stop Peabody’s Restraint on Black Mesa Navajo History" Why Protest: Millions of Indigenous remains, artifacts, and sacred objects have been desecrated by Peabody Energy's coal mining at Black Mesa, Arizona.
Concerned Dine´ !(Navajos) and other indigenous rights supporters held a protest to expose Peabody's deliberate process of confiscating Indigenous History!! "With more community interest & support, Peabody can be stopped from desecrating more of the endless network of ancient dwelling sites. The less involvement by communities the more Peabody and their archaeologist (Black Mesa Archeology Project) will steal & profit, because cultural and human rights of the antiquities aren't being enforced."
The people are protesting to raise awareness, the absence and removal of any public process attached to the regulatory and legal protection of intact and removed ancient sites are being found curated in collections!
"BMAP's transfer was initiated before the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) was created and when many of today’s tribal leaders were children." according to Brian Dunfee of Peabody Energy. !It wasn’t until after the permit was issued that confirmation of the "collection" was formally announced at the true locations and facilities.
To date, there has not been an inventory conducted of the BMAP “artifacts” that complies with current laws regarding protection of Indian "artifacts.” BMAP includes 1.3 million "artifacts" currently held at two American universities.
Walter Echo-Hawk is a Native American attorney, tribal judge, author, activist, and law professor. He represents Indian tribes on important legal issues, such as treaty rights, water rights, religious freedom, prisoner rights, and repatriation rights. His career spans the pivotal years when Indian tribes reclaimed their land, sovereignty, and pride in a stride toward freedom.
As a Native American rights attorney since 1973, Walter worked at the epicenter of a great social movement alongside visionary tribal leaders, visited tribes in indigenous habitats throughout North America, and was instrumental in the passage of landmark laws—such as, the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (1990) and the American Indian Religious Freedom Act Amendments (1994). He litigated in many of the epic struggles and has written extensively about the rise of modern Indian nations as a Native American author with first-hand experience, most recently in his new groundbreaking book, In the Courts of the Conqueror: The 10 Worst Indian Law Cases Ever Decided (2010).
Walter speaks extensively and appears in film and radio to educate the American public about tribal life, culture, and indigenous justice. He is currently on a national book tour for his new book, and appeared in "The Development of NAGPRA," a new film about the Native American repatriation movement produced by the National Park Service in 2010, and several national radio programs. Always thought-provoking, inspirational, and sometimes provocative, he explains complex issues in a professional, but easily-understood style.
On November 4th and 5th, 2010, Central Michigan University will return the remains of 144 Saginaw Chippewa tribal ancestors and associated funerary objects to the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan, for proper burial. This historical event has been years in the making, mainly due to the Federal Guidelines that govern the return of ancestral remains under the 1990 Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA). In this special show, we are joined by special guests Dr. Pamela Gates, interim Dean of the College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences at Central Michigan University and Shannon Martin, Director of the Ziibiwing Center. Both individuals were instrumental in the organization of this historic event. Prepared to be moved as we will discuss how this poignant event came to pass, and what it means for CMU and the Native American Community.
Note: This show will be simulcast on Modern Rock 91.5. If the sound quality on BTR is suboptimal, you can listen in HD at:
Kevin Annett will be providing an update on the Media Release: Ending the Dirty Tricks Campaign by Church and State: An Announcement by Rev. Kevin Annett and the Legal Advisory Group of The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS).
Please read Mass Graves of Residential School Children Identified – Independent Inquiry Launched:
Russ Letica as the co-host of the show. He is a Status Band Member to the Madawaska Maliseet First Nation. You may contact him @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenny Frost, Southern Ute is a spiritual leader of the Southern Ute Indian Tribe- He is a Sacred Ground Archaeologist and he works as a consultant dealing with burial sites and ancestry. You may contact him @ email@example.com
Native American Graves Protection and
Repatriation Act :
Lucy McClellan Hunter will be joining us. To learn more please refer to the sites below:
Ancestral Reburial at Nibokaan Ancestral to view photos go to:
Please also support: Native-American Indian Boarding Schools on Facebook:
You may contact Lucy McClellan Hunter @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Please watch the video where are the children 1? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMRHrKTBDA&feature=related
To learn more about Kevin Annett go to hiddenfromhistory.org or email him at email@example.com.
Folks this is a very historic day....I am having an open mic show for two hours in hope that we get phone calls from DC as follow up as far as how things went during the conference. If you get this early enough, tune in Thursday AM-9am:live stream until 530pm EST on:
We will be sharing alot of good, related music to the truth about what happened to Native Americans for many generations. From the beginning of when Columbus took the wrong turn, to present day feet dragging by our government to live up to & honor the treaties. YES IT HAS BEEN ALL ABOUT
1) Real Estate 2) Resources 3) poor money management and investments 4) racist curriculum in our school systems and in the marketing/products/commercialism arenas 5)isolation; 6)minimal health care for all(if at all)-including urgent care; 7) trust fund appropriations & no pay out to those who, in some cases, have lived in poverty & died waiting for the well deserved payment; 8) mis-conceptions by outsiders who think we don't pay taxes & that casinos have made us all rich- NOT!; 9) theft & exploitation of our ceremonies by plastic shamans, cult leaders & even our own people in some circumstances; 10) boarding schools & other religions oppressing us & trying to "kill the Indian"; 11) toxic dumping on Indian lands, creating cancerous & other deadly health conditions & concerns on some tribal lands; 12) having to create laws & acts to protect our ways; 13) Desecration of sacred sites; 14) dams erected , destroying historical & ancient sites of our people; 15) NAGPRA laws being ignored & exceptions being made for trespass & development on top of burial ground & archaeological sites; 16) loss of many our languages.....this is the short list
PLEASE Call in (718) 508-9165
Kenny Frost, Southern Ute is , a spiritual leader of the Southern Ute Indian Tribe- He is a Sacred Ground Archaeologist and he works as a consultant dealing with burial sites and ancestry.
Please support his page at:
Please support the following page:
Some important information to read:
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (105 chatters)
- Yada (45 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (40 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (31 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (20 chatters)
- Scott Hensler Update (13 chatters)
- Fins Radio (12 chatters)
- HOV Radio (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (6 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (6 chatters)
- Straitway (5 chatters)
- PSYCHIC BRENDA BRADSHAW (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (4 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- The Miss Lee Experience (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (1 chatters)
- Worldwide WakeUP Call (1 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Network (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- America Matters show (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- EGM Radio (1 chatters)
- HyperSloth (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Hezekiah L Montgomery (1 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)